• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

But isn't the story singleplayer already? Or do you have to cooperate with other players?

I'm very excited to see where the story is going now that I am reading this appraisal.

Celegus

Dang, 0/3 getting the esper kill on my wife's account (she makes me do the annoying/hard stuff lol). I really did get lucky nabbing that on my first try on my account.

Zhadgon

Free: Bedile (a great start).
Daily:
Ling (my first one and without spending any tickets on this banner, glad to get her)

.n_n.

Shouta

But isn't the story singleplayer already? Or do you have to cooperate with other players?

I'm very excited to see where the story is going now that I am reading this appraisal.

It's single player but the rest of the game is a gatcha game. I'm talking about more standard game. =P

New Bahamut's Garden is not fucking around. These regular enemies hit like trucks.

Celegus

Does anyone have Noctis' Ring of the Lucii? Has it been very useful? Debating if I want to put him in my TM group once Black Cowl finishes (99.6%)

Broseybrose

I see. I'll remove him from my secondary party. I'll level up Luneth. He is currently lvl 71/80. So when I awaken him to raise his level, I'll just use items to do so right?

If Luneth is in your party, just click on him on the unit screen and choose awaken. You wont be able to actually awaken him until hes 80/80, but itll show the mats youll need to do it.

tuffymon

Does anyone have Noctis' Ring of the Lucii? Has it been very useful? Debating if I want to put him in my TM group once Black Cowl finishes (99.6%)

It's kinda fun, I put it on my Charlotte for arena matches and while not amazing~ This is what I CAN tell you. No +Mag or pots does about 300-350 to all targets (its like 2k outside of arena). The activation of Holy can happen MULTIPLE times, while overall low dmg 90-100~ 40 mp back for each trigger was pretty cool. Maybe its hard to see, but I don't recall having seen the third effect (dmg reduction) going off... hard to notice when multiples hit her. Lastly, Alterna looks awesome.

Nothing super fancy in my recording, but https://gfycat.com/WealthyIllDuckling

fionel

This Bahamut Garden exploration map is starting to really get on my nerves. It's one thing to make encounters difficult and challenging yet it's completely another when they make it cheap and unfair to stall player progress.

The encounter rate is easily twice as high as your normal exploration and abilities that normally reduce encounter rate seems to have zero effect. Enemies can ambush you on this map and have a variety of ways to wipe your entire party before you even get to act.

End game dungeons should not be like this. The design is pure sadism.

On the other hand, Bahamut itself does 10k dmg with Megaflare. It can only be migitated to non-fatal level by breaking his MAG by over 60% (only Ramza and Delita seems to be able to) on top of using barrier skills (my Rikku rendered semi-useless coz her barrier skill takes 2 turns to be usable). I think this limits the viable choice of characters to even fewer than it was for Aigairon.

edit: I forgot to rant about the fact that I have taken on this mission about 10 times already and have only seen the shadow of Bahamut exactly once. Killed it and didn't even drop a rat's tail for me. Guess the designers really don't want us to beat this boss so soon :( At least I could use resets to save my tail...

I'll get it eventually. Guessing I'll stick it on Refia to give her some more offensive/mitigation options, or Lightning since she's hybrid. It's in my TM party, but... after I clean out some of my 5x copies like Xiao.

Shouta

This Bahamut Garden exploration map is starting to really get on my nerves. It's one thing to make encounters difficult and challenging yet it's completely another when they make it cheap and unfair to stall player progress.

The encounter rate is easily twice as high as your normal exploration and abilities that normally reduce encounter rate seems to have zero effect. Enemies can ambush you on this map and have a variety of ways to wipe your entire party before you even get to act.

On the other hand, Bahamut itself does 10k dmg with Megaflare. It can only be migitated to non-fatal level by breaking his MAG by over 60% (only Ramza and Delita seems to be able to) on top of using barrier skills (my Rikku rendered semi-useless coz her barrier skill takes 2 turns to be usable). I think this limits the viable choice of characters to even fewer than it was for Aigairon.

edit: I forgot to rant about the fact that I have taken on this mission about 10 times already and have only seen the shadow of Bahamut exactly once. Killed it and didn't even drop a rat's tail for me. Guess the designers really don't want us to beat this boss so soon :( At least I could use resets to save my tail...

Yeah, this dungeon is really stupid. I hope they patch this down the line because it's just silly. I like the concept but the execution is really sloppy. It's been easier just to do Tonzura with Rikku to avoid all the battles as I go. It doesn't cover when the enemy gets the advantage but oh well. I think they also patched the Stop trick a few hours ago which sucks.

fionel

Yeah, this dungeon is really stupid. I hope they patch this down the line because it's just silly. I like the concept but the execution is really sloppy. It's been easier just to do Tonzura with Rikku to avoid all the battles as I go. It doesn't cover when the enemy gets the advantage but oh well. I think they also patched the Stop trick a few hours ago which sucks.

Yeah Tonzura is the only way to make it a bit less painful. Ambush rate is really high tho (im guessing 30%?) and on some maps its REALLY easy to get ambushed and then a game over. I'm really dreading to having to farm for rat's tail :(

I saw the youtuber Misoshiru defeat Bahamut by just stopping it over and over, which is stupid and makes the fight unfun, but perhaps it's for the better so you don't have to suffer the pain. They just announced it as a bug - don't think they fixed it yet??

I think my Rikku can actually be useful if she could survive after the first Megaflare as I just tested that her Alchemy skill remains active even after being dispelled, so I can hopefully cast her barrier right as Megaflare count reaches 1. Will try later.

BTW I just put up my Beefed up Ramza with Mindbreak+2 as a friend unit, hope you and others find it useful!

Shouta

Yeah Tonzura is the only way to make it a bit less painful. Ambush rate is really high tho (im guessing 30%?) and on some maps its REALLY easy to get ambushed and then a game over. I'm really dreading to having to farm for rat's tail :(

I saw the youtuber Misoshiru defeat Bahamut by just stopping it over and over, which is stupid and makes the fight unfun, but perhaps it's for the better so you don't have to suffer the pain. They just announced it as a bug - don't think they fixed it yet??

I think my Rikku can actually be useful if she could survive after the first Megaflare as I just tested that her Alchemy skill remains active even after being dispelled, so I can hopefully cast her barrier right as Megaflare count reaches 1. Will try later.

BTW I just put up my Beefed up Ramza with Mindbreak+2 as a friend unit, hope you and others find it useful!

I saw some message in the notifications about some things they changed but I'll have to check it again.

I've only got 2 Tails so I've got 2 tries on this Bahamut before I have to pull teeth and farm them.

Shouta

OK, I just fought Bahamut and without cheesing Stop, this fight is a crapshoot. I'm out of tails now because I messed up and accidentally hit escape. I have to go get one to drop to fight him again.

I should level Amelia to beat him before they fix Stop working on him.

fionel

OK, I just fought Bahamut and without cheesing Stop, this fight is a crapshoot. I'm out of tails now because I messed up and accidentally hit escape. I have to go get one to drop to fight him again.

I should level Amelia to beat him before they fix Stop working on him.

I just did too. Got him down to 15% hp before i got a chance to revive Rikku so i'm out of barrier and party revive. Kinda a crapshoot coz he has some lightning attack that does over 10k dmg on my Rikku during countdown T_T

I gotta say though after enhancing Ramza's mindbreak to +2 it really made a difference. Some of my party actually managed to survive even without any barrier!

edit: since u got it already i think i should delete what I just said. Don't feel like getting banned hehe

Rixa

Ah I macro on my phone.

I don't use friend at all. So I wont get the issue If I suddenly need some good friend and Ive used them all in TM farming and its faster without friends. Tho Snows attack is slow :D.

This Bahamut Garden exploration map is starting to really get on my nerves.

Wtf o_O.

If this comes to global in this form the whine will be huge :D. We can't do those "super strong" units JP can and well player base will be crying aloud.
Lets hope that Gumi balances (wut) things before it comes in 6-9 months time or so.

Pejo

Are any of you guys dreading waking up in the morning because you know you have to burn NRG and arena orbs before you can really start your day? I absolutely hate that I can't just wake up and snooze my alarm and wake up naturally anymore. It's always "fuck, i better spend my orbs before I take a shower".

I'm past the point that my NRG won't be full after 8 hours sleep, but those damn orbs...

Rixa

Are any of you guys dreading waking up in the morning because you know you have to burn NRG and arena orbs before you can really start your day? I absolutely hate that I can't just wake up and snooze my alarm and wake up naturally anymore. It's always "fuck, i better spend my orbs before I take a shower".

I'm past the point that my NRG won't be full after 8 hours sleep, but those damn orbs...

Nope, my life is easier if I remember to do 5 Arena battles per day. There has been days where I haven't remembered done those and well that feels good too :). The feeling that you _don't_ need to do if you don't want to :).

Pejo

Nope, my life is easier if I remember to do 5 Arena battles per day. There has been days where I haven't remembered done those and well that feels good too :). The feeling that you _don't_ need to do if you don't want to :).

Yea you're totally right, but I just really want to stay under that 30k mark for the pots and eventual moogle. It's worth the time put in to do it, imo.

Still, I wish those orbs accumulated slower or we had more of them. 5 hours to fill is a cruel joke.

Rixa

Yea you're totally right, but I just really want to stay under that 30k mark for the pots and eventual moogle. It's worth the time put in to do it, imo.

Still, I wish those orbs accumulated slower or we had more of them. 5 hours to fill is a cruel joke.

Have you counted the time it takes you to try stay under 30k vs staying monthly for the 90k Moogle? I mean being weekly < vs > 30k is not huge difference in prizes but time saving & avoiding frustation are huge factors (at least for me). In weekly chart I hover somewhere 60k - 70k, easy life :D

fionel

Just defeated Bahamut.

Think my game was bugged or something. He is supposed to unleash Megaflare every turn when his hp is lower than 20%, but after 2 turns of MF he went back to his countdown routine again so I guess I lucked out and beat him like that.

Guess i'll come back to this dungeon when I need those megacrysts and mission rewards! :)

Edit: Wow Bahamut eats a crapton of megacrysts to get to lv 30. Probably 5x as many as the other summons. A liiitttle bit disappointed that his vanilla attack stat is lower than my Odin. I know he's only lv 30 + vanilla compared to a lv 40 and decked out Odin, but given how hard it is to get Bahamut I expected juusst a little more :)

Lyrian

Top 30k seems like casual mode to me compared to when I chased top 3k.

I can miss like 6-8 orbs a day, toss 3 at the Colosseum for the 5 lapis, and still land ~20k spot easily. Sleep in? No problem. RL issues cause me to miss refreshes? Whatever. So nice to not need to chase the rainbow all the time and crazy 1.50x teams with 5 Nocti/and or other 5* base DPS units.

I can get myself into plenty enough trouble with this game without needing to be on it 24/7.

Were you here when the max number of orbs (pre-Arena) were only 3? That was cruel and unusual punishment.

Malakhov

Banned
Shintoki got me hyped about the FFII banner:

Shine 4*
TM : ATK +30% and chance to negate physical damage taken (10%)

Shera 3*
TM: HP/ATK +15% and increase fire resistance (20%)

Leon 4*
TM: Increase ATK (30%) when equipped with a sword and (20%) when equipped with a heavy armor

Guy 3*
TM: HP +30%, ATK +10%

Then you have the Emperor as well on that banner and finally Firion 6*

Best banner ever. I'm skipping Orlandu, this is where all my tickets and 10+1 pulls are going. All the TMs are very, very good.

KeRaSh

Shintoki got me hyped about the FFII banner:

Shine 4*
TM : ATK +30% and chance to negate physical damage taken (10%)

Shera 3*
TM: HP/ATK +15% and increase fire resistance (20%)

Leon 4*
TM: Increase ATK (30%) when equipped with a sword and (20%) when equipped with a heavy armor

Guy 3*
TM: HP +30%, ATK +10%

Then you have the Emperor as well on that banner and finally Firion 6*

Best banner ever. I'm skipping Orlandu, this is where all my tickets and 10+1 pulls are going. All the TMs are very, very good.

Oh shit... I should totally go for a few Shines but two 4*s and two 3*s on the banner will make this fucking impossible.
I'm sitting at 20k Lapis and 65+ tickets. I feel like I can either chase Orlandu or a few Shines but not both... :/

Malakhov

Banned
Oh shit... I should totally go for a few Shines but two 4*s and two 3*s on the banner will make this fucking impossible.
I'm sitting at 20k Lapis and 65+ tickets. I feel like I can either chase Orlandu or a few Shines but not both... :/

I am going after the FFII banner. All the units have good TMs, you can't lose. On the Orlandu banner you can lose all of your assets and come out of it without anything to show for it.

Both 4* have insane TMs. Having Gilgamesh, one single Leon would mean a whole lot to me and getting Shine would be a bonus. I never was able to get Karl for the 20% ATK materia so this is so good for me.

Wazzy

Banned
Free: Gilbert
Half: Xiao

I wonder if I should fuse it into my other to get TM up or keep it for a second Kaiser Knuckle.

Muku

Alt... Free Summon... Rainbow.......
FREYA! Fuck this game. LOL Daily Rainbows are pure GARBAGE

1/2 off Alt Summon: Jack. Fuck you Jack.

KeRaSh

I am going after the FFII banner. All the units have good TMs, you can't lose. On the Orlandu banner you can lose all of your assets and come out of it without anything to show for it.

Both 4* have insane TMs. Having Gilgamesh, one single Leon would mean a whole lot to me and getting Shine would be a bonus. I never was able to get Karl for the 20% ATK materia so this is so good for me.

Stop making so much sense! >_<

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free Pull : Roselia
1/2 Pull : Xiao

I think i have like 7 Xiaos or so now - getting this 2 Kaiserfists should be relatively fast down the line.

Razmos

Yeah the FF2 banner looks fantastic. What are the other units going to be like on the Orlandu banner? Bet they aren't nearly as good.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah the FF2 banner looks fantastic. What are the other units going to be like on the Orlandu banner? Bet they aren't nearly as good.

Soleil 4*
TM Increase MAG/SPR (10%), MP (20%) and chance to negate physical damage taken (5%)

Lawrence 3*
TM: Monster breastplate DEF+46, ATK+12, MAG +12

Ovelia 3*
TM :Dreamwaker (staff) ATK+19, MAG+15, SPR+49, MP +15%

Meh :/

cw_sasuke

Used my Ticket from the Mission. Gold....4* Shadown. FFS.

I dont think Ling is happening for me :-/

@FF2 Banner

Firion wont be boosted ?

Rootbeer

Banned
free summon, half price summon, and ticket... no Yun still. No Yun ever. I know I only have about a 1% chance but dammit, never tell me the odds!

Rixa

Freebie pull was Rainbow, just to be troll Refia :p

That is my 3rd non base 5*. Would like to get the Rainbow gacha change asap. Thanks for the 5% TM I guess...

Daily Vivi = Firaga 100% with pulling too many Vivi's.
Now I can sell all the Vivi's I get in the future.

Time to let my nrg rot, not in the feeling to use them.

Razmos

Soleil 4*
TM Increase MAG/SPR (10%), MP (20%) and chance to negate physical damage taken (5%)

Lawrence 3*
TM: Monster breastplate DEF+46, ATK+12, MAG +12

Ovelia 3*
TM :Dreamwaker (staff) ATK+19, MAG+15, SPR+49, MP +15%

Meh :/
Meh. Thank you!
I'll likely do Dailies in hope of getting Lawrence for the Monster Breastplate. Everything else is total meh

That is my 3rd non base 5*. Would like to get the Rainbow gacha change asap. Thanks for the 5% TM I guess...

Damn. Sorry.

Hey all, just curious, but what's everyone's gold situation like? I know there's going to be a lot of variances, but I'm asking because I heard it costs a TON to upgrade skills down the line. I've been playing since day one and I have 3.7 mil. From what I gather I'll burn through that upgrading skills in no time. So for those with tons of gold, how do you get so much?

Shouta

You'll use Soleil more than any other person in the FF2 banner though, lol.

Anyway, JP stream is gonna happen in a few hours but I'll be asleep. I'm expecting either FF7 Collaboration down the line or teasing Season 2 stuff. That's in addition to Ariana Grande stuff

tuffymon

Meh. Thank you!
I'll likely do Dailies in hope of getting Lawrence for the Monster Breastplate. Everything else is total meh

The big question is, is that plate considered Heavy, or Normal? Normal would make it highly desirable, where as being heavy 1 or 2 units in any given party, and we just got a 12 attack heavy plate... I kept hearing that the banner minus Orlandu was pretty terrible, this put it in perspective though... are the units any good?

Shouta

The big question is, is that plate considered Heavy, or Normal? Normal would make it highly desirable, where as being heavy 1 or 2 units in any given party, and we just got a 12 attack heavy plate... I kept hearing that the banner minus Orlandu was pretty terrible, this put it in perspective though... are the units any good?

It's norma/Light armorl as I recall.

Rixa

Damn. Sorry.

Hey all, just curious, but what's everyone's gold situation like? I know there's going to be a lot of variances, but I'm asking because I heard it costs a TON to upgrade skills down the line. I've been playing since day one and I have 3.7 mil. From what I gather I'll burn through that upgrading skills in no time. So for those with tons of gold, how do you get so much?

I have around 8.5m gold. Started in soft launch 16.5.16, TM farming has given shitton of gold.

Malakhov

Banned
You'll use Soleil more than any other person in the FF2 banner though, lol.
It's all about the TMs :D

Shouta, since you play jp, what would be best for Firion?
Kaiser knuckles + Sakurafubuki with two champion's belt as accessories and Blade Mastery with Dual Wield as TMs?

cw_sasuke

Is the Esper last hit Challenge bugged again ? Failed 3 times in a Row lol.

That sucks man...we really need the change soon. Those troll Rainbows are getting too much.
Yes, Firion gets his 6* upgrade. Becomes a beast with his killer passives and weapon masteries.
Slap dual wield on him and he will get two bonuses like Gilgamesh does with his weapon collector skill.

Erm...yeah i meant if his drop rate was boosted during the banner - since you just listed the new units. I really need to pull Firion lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom