• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Prototype

Equipment per party is the number one. It actively pisses me off on why they do not have it yet, when it's such a clear issue. Or at least let me save character load outs.

As far as others go

-Custom Filters, let me create my own filter where I select the exact units I want to appear. Hell, charge 100 Lapis for each.
-Friend Bonuses(Already in JP), just bring it over here.
-Friend preference, I.E. Physical, Magical, Support, Tank, Healer with search. Also I think we are at the point where a friend should have two units available, since the chaining method is now in and it would give slightly more diversity to the Line up than just Orlandu for 50% of my choices. Now I could hopefully get Orlandu with one other unit!
-Auto Macro in game(If we want to call it that), you set the amount of times, energy you have, and it runs while closed. It would at least even it out then between people who do it and don't, where they can start balancing trials better.

////////// Other rando notes/////

Just noticed we get King pots for Burst and Tough this week too. Based Gumi. I hope it sticks, because HP pots are the most needed and require more than others.

Down with the first 6 for the story, shame I took in the 100 NRG, I would of had a level up and it for today

The Relic process is coming along nicely. Expeditions I like a lot, since I've largely just focus on Crystals, Pots, and NRG bottles. If I go at this pace, I should have the 40% by year's end too. I hope they add more long term rewards like this too. Basically little things to work towards.

So once this is done, I basically get 2 weeks of TM farming. Gonna clear some 5 stacks.

Not attempting Robot anytime soon, I still need to clear Ultros. Probably do the story some more.

Cleared the trial, got everything from Mog, washing my hands of it.

Custome filters would be REALLY helpful, agreed.

QoL: locking gear you value
Can't believe I didn't think of this. Simple and effective.

Remember my scroll position when enhancing/viewing units.

Replace reset button with one that queues up the past turn's moves.
AND/OR
Have repeat actually remember timing so we can repeat chaining.

Omg, yes. Having to scroll back down every time while enchancing is a nightmare. I'll never forget all thos moggles lol. I feed pages of them to Zargabath after getting 5 of their TMs.

robotuw

Done with the story event. The 130 nrg rewards, a level up, and a few pots were enough. As usual, I failed every esper achievement and nothing else. Fuck whoever came up with those.

Be careful with the last boss. He seems to get stronger when his health gets lower. He killed my entire team from full health and I had to lapis-revive them. Bring WoL and have the light is with us up.

tuffymon

Done with the story event. The 130 nrg rewards, a level up, and a few pots were enough. As usual, I failed every esper achievement and nothing else. Fuck whoever came up with those.

Be careful with the last boss. He seems to get stronger when his health gets lower. He killed my entire team from full health and I had to lapis-revive them. Bring WoL and have the light is with us up.

Thanks for the tip, just like the second to last zone, the boss there swallowed 3 of my people in 1 turn /eyeroll >:O recovered and all, but slowing down for a specific kill is always a no no ; ;

If you don't have Garnet with you, the easy way to get espers charged is by using limit bursts. If you have Rikku it's easy because she can spam it so often and if you have her and Tidus who's comes up quickly, all the better. If you don't have them nor a friend available sharing them, Chiz and elza spam theirs pretty often and while chiz isn't often shared, a couple here have elza shared like Lyrian.

robotuw

If you don't have Garnet with you, the easy way to get espers charged is by using limit bursts. If you have Rikku it's easy because she can spam it so often and if you have her and Tidus who's comes up quickly, all the better. If you don't have them nor a friend available sharing them, Chiz and elza spam theirs pretty often and while chiz isn't often shared, a couple here have elza shared like Lyrian.

Charging the bar isn't the issue. I have a max LB Garnet ready if I need that. It's that I always overshoot or undershoot on damage. Any advice I've gotten about "just hit the summon button and then spam attacks from your other units" has never worked.

I blew through my raid coins and spent all the cactuars from that. I was able to max Ashe, Xon #2, and get Xon #3 to max lvl 5*. Since I'm going hard on the Nier banner the eventual goal is to have 5 Xons wearing 5 9S TMs. It may not help with getting giancrysts but it's going to help get something.

Charging the bar isn't the issue. I have a max LB Garnet ready if I need that. It's that I always overshoot or undershoot on damage. Any advice I've gotten about "just hit the summon button and then spam attacks from your other units" has never worked.

Oh you mean finish them off with it, sorry. I think the one I've seen so far in my run was just to summon one. Yeah, I get it most of the time but there are times where I swear I do the same timing and don't get it. It's easier if the unit doing the damage that will actually kill it has a quick attack and so the esper or LB if that's the mission coincide with it. I've made the mistake of using a strong unit that attacks slow and finishes last despite initiating their attack first. That said, it feels off and random even when you have success. If you want us to finish them off with one, maybe don't make them complete scrubs? That buff did squat. Japan made them stronger and we'll get that eventually but hold this dumb objective off until then ;p

Rixa

Iam not sure was it OT1 or OT2 where we discussed how Global got nerfed with mission Lapis vs JP. I think it was Shouta or Fionel who said that later in JP (Island 6 or so) gets half the Lapis too and those junk rewards.

tuffymon

Iam not sure was it OT1 or OT2 where we discussed how Global got nerfed with mission Lapis vs JP. I think it was Shouta or Fionel who said that later in JP (Island 6 or so) gets half the Lapis too and those junk rewards.

I remember that talk, had to be OT2 or later though, I wasn't apart of 1. That still means thousands of lapis difference though, which is odd to have such a change.

Shouta

First few islands got 100 Lapis per missions while it became 50-ish later on. I think it was around Zoldaad that it changed?

Syntsui

I'm not even talking about the regular story mode (that one indeed was a fucking robbery, JP gets insanely more lapis early on even if it slows down after continent 5), but rather the current story event we are having both on Global and on JP.

I don't know if they will be upgraded in the future on global, but right now we get 50 Lapis per stage on all difficulties on Global and nothing else. On JP the the lapis rewards per stage are insane:

Stage 1 = 350 lapis
Stage 2 = 450 lapis
Stage 3 = 350 lapis
Stage 4 = 450 lapis
Stage 5 = 450 lapis
Stage 6 = 250 lapis
Stage 7 = 250 lapis

I didn't unlock the other stages yet, but there are 10 stages in total there and I suppose the rest of them will reward at very least more 250 lapis each. The difference is absolutely insane, I'm literally out of words.

Hopefully this is something to look forward as these events will become very rewarding lapis-wise or... Holy shit Gumi is fucking breaking our legs and spitting in our face >.>

Considering this is my first story event on JP I can't say for certain if they were always like that and Shouta/Visceir are welcome to give us some light on this matter.

tuffymon

OH jeeze, that's quite a shake down... our last stage gives 100... the list of prizes for us states a total of 500 lapis, man that's kinda depressing really >.>;

Rixa

I tried to look rewards for JP Story event 2. But couldn't find info about rewards. Just wondering if they had those Lapis amounts already in there or did they come later.

LucaMac

Full...I guess i'll just level up my Xon lol

Edit: I added more slots if anyone if anyone needs more friends 652,735,959

2nd Edit: Cid and Famfrit actually not too bad as long as you keep buffs up

Apologies. I'll clear some inactive. Thought I'd loads of room. Back to Ashe now anyway by Xon still available if anyone needs it.

Alkez

I finally got round to finishing the story. Did not see that ending coming.

Hmm, Aigaion trial is very lenghty, it's vulnerable to SPR break and don't resist fire.
Feel like a Fire From Below bait.

Yeah I thought about that. The difficulty will be in maintaining the stacks.

Ashe is really crazy good!
Cleared Cid and Fam with
Ashe + F.Ashe
Tilith
Milfilia
Zyrus

think i can go with her instead of a 5* chainer now.

Double Ashe is so good, especially on android where it's so easy to spark chain.

It depends on the startup of your moves. I use Aileen and hers is very low, so I click summon and then as soon as the CG cutscene starts I click pile-driver. Also only use Shiva or Diabolos. They have very long attack animation so it gives you more leniency.

tuffymon

Another tip for the last story mission boss... as someone who *cough* used WoL... not only does the boss do insane damage (aoe physical and ends with an aoe magical)... but it also casts death >.>; Luckily I had a backup tank and just swapped while trying to trigger the esper kill, or ya know kaiser shield/safety bit...

Abylim

So I can almost beat dark siren and dark ifrit

Can't do mud to Gilgamesh

I'm thinking I need to TM farm. Is it still like a month of farming to get them?

My current team is WoL/Noct/Luneth/RefiaOrlandeau.

Most of my attackers are 500-600 with nice hsbing 690 and my rxdeath has about 500 mag. But my materia is shit. My best attavk ones are 10%. Thinking I should try and get a few of my 30% ones

I don't think I can do any of the trials with my current strength

tuffymon

So I can almost beat dark siren and dark ifrit

Can't do mud to Gilgamesh

I'm thinking I need to TM farm. Is it still like a month of farming to get them?

My current team is WoL/Noct/Luneth/RefiaOrlandeau.

Nice team, and yes Tm farming still takes forever without using moogles or refilling your energy.

Not sure if you're against it or not, but there are units that people have that can solo Gilga and even Dark Esper trial.
Throw out that friend # and see if we can help get that squared away.

Nice team, and yes Tm farming still takes forever without using moogles or refilling your energy.

Not sure if you're against it or not, but there are units that people have that can solo Gilga and even Dark Esper trial.
Throw out that friend # and see if we can help get that squared away.
Taffy if you can put such unit I'd oblige :p
Got you already in friend list

tuffymon

Taffy if you can put such unit I'd oblige :p
Got you already in friend list

I can do either, but it's a different unit for each trial, which do you need/want done? Mind you, I can do a 100% dodge Noctis w/Excal and shield which takes a bit, or a Ling for the DE trial, but that takes hours (Val has a unit that can do it much faster)

Abylim

I think I'd prefer getting L Sword Mastery but if you've got someone that can solo gilga I'll take that gladly

Thanks everyone

tuffymon

I think I'd prefer getting L Sword Mastery but if you've got someone that can solo gilga I'll take that gladly

Thanks everyone

Sorry, I put up my Noctis which should kill Gilgamesh with just autoattacking. I'm going to defer DE trial to Val since my method is like for real 6 1/2 hours~

622,464,324 cleaning the list I have a few slots for others~

Abylim

Ok so, they noct can just solo gilga? Anything I should be doing with him? I don't want to fuck it up lol

EDIT: saw your post cool. Just auto atk. Holy shit. Thanks

tuffymon

Ok so, they noct can just solo gilga? Anything I should be doing with him? I don't want to fuck it up lol

EDIT: saw your post cool. Just auto atk. Holy shit. Thanks

Genji shield will save him from the death attacks, he's 100% dodge, and using a holy style weapon... I believe that's everything. set it, go nab a drink, make a sammich, and enjoy a little peace.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I feel like such an idiot...i had Rikku for a while now and kept wondering why people made such big deal about her - sure she is good but since i already had Ling she felt incredible lackluster. Sure MegaPhoenix and the Synthesis skills are good...but i must be missing something very obvious.

lol

My WoL got killed after using Brave Presence and just revived to full HP...didnt realize what happened first and then...Goddamn her LB is OP...Autophoenix is so good.

Between WoL/Ling/Refia/Rikku its getting difficult to find spot for other units.

PS. Daily Pull was Helena (?) - she looks lackluster from what i cans ee though. Welp....

Be sure to burn nrg to Story missions. They are here only 2 weeks time (starting in 5mins).
They eat _a_ lot_ nrg (580 nrg). But you get really nice rewards from missions (crysts, Lapis, Tix, eqs).

Before venturing to Story Mission, read the mission requirements thru. You might need to evoke Siren or something similar and you cant change party / espers middle of story part (between story parts you can). If you miss the mission you will need to rerun that story part again (can be 100 nrg or more needed).

Check more from Exviuswiki about Story Mission we do now have.

Just tried it for the first time....is this the first time those Story missions are available ? Seems like a good way to get some Ability Awakening crystals. Def. will try to clear them all before they are gone.

tuffymon

Just tried it for the first time....is this the first time those Story missions are available ? Seems like a good way to get some Ability Awakening crystals. Def. will try to clear them all before they are gone.

This is the second time we've had a story event, they're really worth doing. Before you start a world you can scroll the objective list (or read the wiki), so you can make sure to have the right esper or unit with you. Also, you're LOCKED into the story for that chapter/world until you finish, so no backing out to go do something else... make sure you have the energy to full clear it, or close etc (you can fill up the energy with lapis or items)

bonkeng

I feel like such an idiot...i had Rikku for a while now and kept wondering why people made such big deal about her - sure she is good but since i already had Ling she felt incredible lackluster. Sure MegaPhoenix and the Synthesis skills are good...but i must be missing something very obvious.

lol

My WoL got killed after using Brave Presence and just revived to full HP...didnt realize what happened first and then...Goddamn her LB is OP...Autophoenix is so good.

Between WoL/Ling/Refia/Rikku its getting difficult to find spot for other units.

PS. Daily Pull was Helena (?) - she looks lackluster from what i cans ee though. Welp....

Bench Ling. She's redundant since almost all her utility are already covered by WoL and Rikku.

Abylim

Gilgamesh is almost dead.

Now with beasts of the dark, I have an Orlandeau friend with 1017 attack, after gilga my Orlandeau should have 700 ish attack, is that enough fir the double divine ruination cheese?

How does one perfectly chain them?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is the second time we've had a story event, they're really worth doing. Before you start a world you can scroll the objective list (or read the wiki), so you can make sure to have the right esper or unit with you. Also, you're LOCKED into the story for that chapter/world until you finish, so no backing out to go do something else... make sure you have the energy to full clear it, or close etc (you can fill up the energy with lapis or items)

Alright thanks !!
I looked the mission stages up exvius.gamepedia so i should be fine on that note.
I wonder though...how much more difficult will the stages get ? I only did 3 so far and i could just auto battle them, just wondering what lind of difficulty i should expect at the later stages.

Bench Ling. She's redundant since almost all her utility are already covered by WoL and Rikku.

End of an Era...she is still one of my favorite units. MP refresh and Entrust on Rikku could still be useful.

The Trio WoL, RefiawDualCast and Rikku should probably be my core from now on.

Only issue for me is that i pulled WIlhelm as well with my guaranteed 5* pull. His Impregnable skill is better than WoL Braves presence ..and his Battlecry also boost LB rate, which would be useful for Rikku. So yeah....

If you have 3 spots and the following units:
Wilhelm, WoL, Ling, Refia, Rikku

Just in general obv. depending on the matchup enemy some combinations will make more sense than others. Hell maybe i will need to go with 4 units and only 1 damage dealer..i dont own any of the Top Tier damage dealer anyway so i rely on Friends for the heavy lifting. Its a bit stupid but when you get so few 5* units you kinda wanna use them somehow..poor Wilhelm.

tuffymon

Alright thanks !!
I looked the mission stages up exvius.gamepedia so i should be fine on that note.
I wonder though...how much more difficult will the stages get ? I only did 3 so far and i could just auto battle them, just wondering what lind of difficulty i should expect at the later stages.

I'd say up to about the 7th zone (minus bosses and annoying objectives). One world is a bunch of the tombstones, and while hp seems pretty low, the mobs if given a chance actually start to hurt. Overall, I felt like all the zones were pretty easy, with bosses being a big jump and the final boss being a LARGE leap (it's like doing pro than elt on some of the events), he can and will kill those unprepared, outside of that I don't think you'll have any issues.

Sorry, I put up my Noctis which should kill Gilgamesh with just autoattacking. I'm going to defer DE trial to Val since my method is like for real 6 1/2 hours~

622,464,324 cleaning the list I have a few slots for others~
Awesome, I'm going to try and get thst moogle I never got from him. How long does it take typically ?

Kouriozan

Alright thanks !!

They are all very easy, only the 10th map final boss can be challenging.

tuffymon

Awesome, I'm going to try and get thst moogle I never got from him. How long does it take typically ?

Scrolling up and looking at Abylim's posting times, 40 minutes nearly killed him.

@Kourio buddy of mine who has a massive chain party wiped after the first round, that boss is definitely no joke. You either make sure you can 1 round him, or throw up some buffs to make it manageable.

Abylim

Still struggling to get dark ifrit and siren. The timing for the perfect chain is ridiculous.

My Orlandeau is at 712, my friends was 1017, but I fucked up the finisher and ifrit had JUST enough health to survive. Bah

I'm dispelling them, breaking them, and buffing my atk, is that wrong? Or should I get another chained in there instead of refia?

tuffymon

Still struggling to get dark ifrit and siren. The timing for the perfect chain is ridiculous.

My Orlandeau is at 712, my friends was 1017, but I fucked up the finisher and ifrit had JUST enough health to survive. Bah

I'm dispelling them, breaking them, and buffing my atk, is that wrong? Or should I get another chained in there instead of refia?

You'll have to wait 3h for that friend again, but another chainer would probably do the trick. Iirc if Ifrit dies first, Siren buffs up and ends her turn, dispel etc etc repeat and you should be good. If you want to play it safer, you can always do 1 round of buffs and 20-30% dmg, than go all out to smash Ifrit etc...

tuffymon

Someone on Reddit found out that Zarg's berserk move can be used on a person who would be hiding to redirect the skill on the monster instead... making them attack your party for 3 turns... They were joking about robo cheese >.>; What a weird potential strategy...

Scrolling up and looking at Abylim's posting times, 40 minutes nearly killed him.

@Kourio buddy of mine who has a massive chain party wiped after the first round, that boss is definitely no joke. You either make sure you can 1 round him, or throw up some buffs to make it manageable.
Oh thanks, didn't catch his post!

Daily Ruggles.

That makes two days in a row. I need a good banner now. No units worth moogling and no units worth putting in my team.

At least I get to hoard tickets and lapis again, but I'm running out of unit space.

For those smarter than me with math in this game, which setup would do more damage?

Rem with Draco Spike and Second Knife for 800 MAG or Second Knife and Holy Rod for 752 MAG? She is fighting alongside two Orlandeau.

The 752 MAG setup should do more due to the the -50% light res correct?

Also should Holy Rod be in the left or right hand? With Orlandeau I put Excalibur in his left so light res is broken before he hits with light damage. Not sure if that matters with Rem.

Was thinking left, that way her 2nd hit is later in the chain. Does this make sense?

Top Bottom