• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Doctor_No

Fully enhanced Lunera is incredible, just used one as a friend on JP. She had around 600SPR only but it was enough to heal 2k HP/120MP every turn on top of the 90% buff.

It seems that the healing output is similar to JP enhancements; the big difference is the 40% vs 90% stat buff. I have to wonder what GL's Lunera +2 enhancement is going to be since we already got the +1 enhancement.

It seems to be the healing output is relative to the max HP and MP of unit.

hbnv8Dt.gif

Conspiracy theory :
Gumi is adding 2 units to the Nier event because they know 9S TM is too good, and adding another 4* unit would make people having to pull more to get him.

I would hate if they added two 5* units like they do in JP.

robotuw

Conspiracy theory :
Gumi is adding 2 units to the Nier event because they know 9S TM is too good, and adding another 4* unit would make people having to pull more to get him.

Do we know the rarity of Eve and A2? A2 is almost certainly a 5* but Eve could be 3 or 4. I still think it's 50/50 they end up on the raid banner instead of the lapis one too.

Kouriozan

Do we know the rarity of Eve and A2? A2 is almost certainly a 5* but Eve could be 3 or 4. I still think it's 50/50 they end up on the raid banner instead of the lapis one too.
Nope, best we can hope is some datamining when they'll add them to the game's database.

Syntsui

Yeah the healing doesn't change with the enhancements, only the buff. Maybe our +2 will be 100% buff, making Ramza a straight up worse singer.

It's pretty incredible how Lunera can reach 1kMAG and 600SPR at the same time, she will play two roles extremely well.

Kouriozan

Good advice from Reddit that I didn't think at all :

gayusGg.png

Source (look for answers as to why he think 2B is overrated)

Reminder about 9S TM

A120:リペア AoE HoT 3000 Base + 9x Mod over three turns [26MP]
A170:スキャナー 100% Treasure Hunter
A060:Pシールド AoE 2 Turns 40% Phys Mitigation [45MP]
R020:ミラージュ AoE 8 Hits 300% Phys [30MP]
(Frames: 42-52-62-72-82-92-102-112)

Syntsui

I mean, every 5* is not that good if you want to compare with Orlandu, Aileen, Tidus with their full enhancements.

2B is as good as it gets while not being an Imperil Chainer character.

Kouriozan

Trying to see if Onion Knight is also overrated but literally nobody talk about him. Well appart that he's weaker than enhanced Tidus/Orlandeau/Aileen.

NomarTyme

I'll probably have 30 something tickets by the time Nier banner arrives! Hoping for some 4 star tickets for Nier event!

Trying to see if Onion Knight is also overrated but literally nobody talk about him. Well appart that he's weaker than enhanced Tidus/Orlandeau/Aileen.
He is bad ass with his 50+ spark chain!

Emilbus

So I'm sitting a just a bit over 200 Star Quartz. What would you guys recommend picking up first? I'm thinking Genji Shield for sure but unsure about what else I should prioritise in first.

LucaMac

[JP] Japan has no ADV collosseum? Was trying to figure out what I had to do to unlock it. Maybe past rank 50 it unlocks I reasoned to myself. Just googled the damn thing and it doesnt exist. Ah sure...

On a global note, just hit rank 100. Lovely...

Kouriozan

I'll probably have 30 something tickets by the time Nier banner arrives! Hoping for some 4 star tickets for Nier event!

He is bad ass with his 50+ spark chain!
Yeah, and Dual Wield actually break his chain because he's launching his second attack while the first one is far from over x)
Need to be a god to manually do it.
Anyway I like his flexibility, can equip almost anything so easy to gear for whatever element you need, alongside his Sword.

NomarTyme

Yeah, and Dual Wield actually break his chain because he's launching his second attack while the first one is far from over x)
Need to be a god to manually do it.
Anyway I like his flexibility, can equip almost anything so easy to gear for whatever element you need, alongside his Sword.

At least we got the "magnification gestures" trick though. Definitely like his flexibility to switch to different elements.

NomarTyme

[JP] Japan has no ADV collosseum? Was trying to figure out what I had to do to unlock it. Maybe past rank 50 it unlocks I reasoned to myself. Just googled the damn thing and it doesnt exist. Ah sure...

On a global note, just hit rank 100. Lovely...
Global exclusive!
So I'm sitting a just a bit over 200 Star Quartz. What would you guys recommend picking up first? I'm thinking Genji Shield for sure but unsure about what else I should prioritise in first.
Genji Shield first and then Cat Ear hood is a good choice for magic users.

I'm on iPad, RIP me >.<

Little hit or miss, but its worth a try.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6m9oz6/fairly_simple_ios_spark_chaining_with_tidus/

Visceir

General consensus among the english JP players is that OK isn't all that GL players making him out to be. Another case of good on paper but not so hot in practice (mainly because hard to chain his most powerful skill and no imperil, I guess). Never delved much into it myself as I don't have one and don't care about having one.

Most would consider Orandu/DV > OK

He is yet to get any enhancements though.

The magnifying trick could make things different for GL though *shrug*

Celegus

I've never failed an esper kill a single time, all I do is have my first person summon the esper, wait for the animation to start, then hit the rest of my people that will kill it. I've never tried to whittle down the HP bar to finish it with only an esper, I just unload and it ends up as part of the kill and counts.

Visceir

I've never failed an esper kill a single time, all I do is have my first person summon the esper, wait for the animation to start, then hit the rest of my people that will kill it. I've never tried to whittle down the HP bar to finish it with only an esper, I just unload and it ends up as part of the kill and counts.

That's the correct way to do it, dunno what all ya'll are struggling with.

People with difficulty in pulling off the esper kill. Use Garnet.

She does about 150k-200k damage with Shiva.
4 times now I've lined it up perfectly and it still doesn't register. I don't understand.

Anything in particular I need to do with Garnet? I've never used her...

Dandte

Done with the story event. All missions in one go, except the carbuncle, had to do it again, but 90 rng for one gianchryst is fine. Funny thing is, in the run i missed carbuncle for the tech gian i got a tech gian drop from the boss.

Really liked the story. Decided to do a ticket pull and got our little dwarf, cool. Last two dailies were gold, but vanille and today b. Fina.

As for the esper kill. I went the slow and steady route. Odin does around 160-180k dmg on aileen. I knew how mich dmg fry does, so i was able to calculte when to usw the summon.
My team was fryevia, aileen, d. Fina, wol, tillith and a friend olive.

Syntsui

4 times now I've lined it up perfectly and it still doesn't register. I don't understand.

Anything in particular I need to do with Garnet? I've never used her...
Just summon and kill, there is no secret. She does enough damage to kill on her own if the boss has a sliver of health.

Kouriozan

Yeah I tried bunch of stuff on my iPad, messed up with the zoom feature, changed lot of setting about it but my iPad just can't lag.
Hopefully the PC version will be released before Onion Knight, I tried the trick on MEmu without success so I might just make a macro for hard fights if I get Onion Knight.
General consensus among the english JP players is that OK isn't all that GL players making him out to be. Another case of good on paper but not so hot in practice (mainly because hard to chain his most powerful skill and no imperil, I guess). Never delved much into it myself as I don't have one and don't care about having one.

Most would consider Orandu/DV > OK

He is yet to get any enhancements though.

The magnifying trick could make things different for GL though *shrug*
Thanks, so it's one of those unit, would be top tier if Alim added a way to chain consistently. Heard a long time ago Brave Frontier has one iirc.

Syntsui

I can't wait for Dark Veritas enhancements, they should be coming really soon. My wild guess is that he will be the overall best character in the game because of his synergy with DKC.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

He came out to fanfaire, was the first one to surpass Orlandu on Altema.

People went back to Orlandu in the week

Syntsui

Ok, just gotta figure out how to get it to a sliver rather than DR obliterating the boss in one turn. Guess that may be my issue.
If you are killing with DR, just summon, wait for the animation, then release the DR chain. It will trigger.

Just make sure the DR chain doesn't break.

Prototype

Conspiracy theory :
This gives me nightmares of dumping everything I had for Tillith and getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts for it.
Really hope the Neir characters aren't as hard to get.

Syntsui

woah woah woah. I've looked at his skill list before and never saw anything that could lead to that sort of damage. Whats his secret sauce?
This:
500% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF
But the set up is:
- He enchanted his weapon with water
- Tidus set up his LB -100% water resistance
- Vern 124% ATK buff is in play
- 9S inflicted Virus and - 54% full break
- He probably is using two Elfried TMs + four Cloud's TMs but I can't understand what he is saying so I can't say for sure

All that resulted in almost 75m damage of water goodness.

I'm sure it's possible to get much more than that with Veronica/Dark Veritas + DKC though,I just don't know to search it.

Celegus

Anyone with 2 (or more) Tidus, are you bothering to level up the second one's LB at all? I'm thinking not but haven't awakened him yet, since Brotherhood 2 will probably live on Luneth and he can take the turn while the 1st one LB's to use Jecht Shot or Blitz Mania.

Ken

Anyone with 2 (or more) Tidus, are you bothering to level up the second one's LB at all? I'm thinking not but haven't awakened him yet, since Brotherhood 2 will probably live on Luneth and he can take the turn while the 1st one LB's to use Jecht Shot or Blitz Mania.

na

Rixa

That's insanely lucky. Even more so because you are not using Xons.

Lockes = increased chance for a chest to drop
Xons = increased chance for rare/bonus loot to drop

T4s are the bonus drops from the last wave. To get two of them at base rates is fairly insane on one energy bar.

Indeed, I was mainly looking to get T3 Power crysts (still need 2 but they drop about 1 in every 3 runs). Sadly I dont have Xon and I like the amount of checst I get with Locke's vs non Locke run (where I had like 2 smallest crysts to drop and nothing else).

Syntsui

HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON
MY LUCK THIS MONTH IS ABSURD!!!

I did the daily and got Helena then I thought ''these 9 tickets are not nice, let me round them up to 5''. On the very first ticket... BOOM

5a2TBOd.png

This was my fourth rainbow this month, the second non troll, OMG.

Top Bottom