• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulgar

Neo Member
Draven takes the stage!!!

DS9Syot.jpg

Lumine

Hey guys, I got a couple of questions if you don't mind. I'm completely out of the loop and missed phase 3 entirely, but I really want to play phase 4. I'm not quite sure if I want to buy the game just yet, but I'm excited to play some more.
Has it been confirmed when phase 4 starts or it just a rumour that it might be this weekend? I just finished Bioshock Infinite, but I don't want to start a new game just yet and have it get in the way of FF14 again.
Also I'm wondering, will the old client be updatable once phase 4 starts? Or will we need a new client file, meaning I can delete the old directory? I suppose it doesn't save the look of my character?
Lastly, is there any point in buying FF14 1.0 this late? I saw that some retail shops here still have a few cheap copies left. Will I still have to buy ARR anyway? Is it true 1.0 owners get a cheaper monthly subscription? Because that would surely make it worth it, but it's hard to believe they would do this...
Thanks in advance guys! :)

Xux

Hey guys, I got a couple of questions if you don't mind. I'm completely out of the loop and missed phase 3 entirely, but I really want to play phase 4. I'm not quite sure if I want to buy the game just yet, but I'm excited to play some more.
Has it been confirmed when phase 4 starts or it just a rumour that it might be this weekend? I just finished Bioshock Infinite, but I don't want to start a new game just yet and have it get in the way of FF14 again.
Also I'm wondering, will the old client be updatable once phase 4 starts? Or will we need a new client file, meaning I can delete the old directory? I suppose it doesn't save the look of my character?
Lastly, is there any point in buying FF14 1.0 this late? I saw that some retail shops here still have a few cheap copies left. Will I still have to buy ARR anyway? Is it true 1.0 owners get a cheaper monthly subscription? Because that would surely make it worth it, but it's hard to believe they would do this...
Thanks in advance guys! :)
We find out when Phase 4 starts in less than three hours. It's a new client. As long as you have character appearance data in the My Games folders you can delete the old client and use the data in the Benchmark; otherwise, you can load your old character through your account to change it when they enable it. Old CD keys from 1.0 copies will work. Only 1.0 players who payed for enough months of subscription to be eligible for the Legacy program get the cheaper subscription cost.

Lumine

We find out when Phase 4 starts in less than three hours. It's a new client. As long as you have character appearance data in the My Games folders you can delete the old client and use the data in the Benchmark; otherwise, you can load your old character through your account to change it when they enable it. Old CD keys from 1.0 copies will work. Only 1.0 players who payed for enough months of subscription to be eligible for the Legacy program get the cheaper subscription cost.

Great, thanks man! A bit irked that subscription costs are higher for new players. That's not very inviting to be honest, but I'll just have to look past that. I'm wondering though, if buying 1.0 cheap gets me the same access, what reason would I have to buy ARR? There must be something right? Considering it costs about 5-6 times as much. :p

Also, new NA players are gathering at Ultros right? What about new EU players? We got a server for them?

Alec

My GreenManGaming code is only 18 characters...the pre-order code registration page says it needs to be 20. Any ideas?

Sheppard

This was in my email from amazon and the 18 digit code

Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code (code listed above) to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

maybe other 18 digit codes can use that.

Xux

Great, thanks man! A bit irked that subscription costs are higher for new players. That's not very inviting to be honest, but I'll just have to look past that. I'm wondering though, if buying 1.0 cheap gets me the same access, what reason would I have to buy ARR? There must be something right? Considering it costs about 5-6 times as much. :p

Also, new NA players are gathering at Ultros right? What about new EU players? We got a server for them?
Unsold 1.0 copies were supposed to all be pull from shelves. Ragnarok is the EU GAF server according to the Steam Group. It'll have old players on it, though, if you want to avoid them.

Alec

This was in my email from amazon and the 18 digit code

Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code (code listed above) to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

maybe other 18 digit codes can use that.

Ah, I see. The page that is currently open is for Japanese codes only...our's doesn't start until August 20th. (Missed this a few pages back.)

Zand

Neo Member
I haven't been paying attention to this game until recently, so I've missed out on all the betas. I did pre-order though after watching several of the Yogcast:Kim videos and thinking that the game looked / played really smooth (combat animations look great).

So, how customizable are the controls? The last three games I've been playing have been GW2, Tera and Warframe. I've gotten used to having QWES be setup for Strafe Left, Forward, Strafe Right, and Backward. While having the mouse be mainly for moving the camera around.

Is it possible to setup the second hotbar to use Shift+1-6 instead of Control+?

ebil

I haven't been paying attention to this game until recently, so I've missed out on all the betas. I did pre-order though after watching several of the Yogcast:Kim videos and thinking that the game looked / played really smooth (combat animations look great).

So, how customizable are the controls? The last three games I've been playing have been GW2, Tera and Warframe. I've gotten used to having QWES be setup for Strafe Left, Forward, Strafe Right, and Backward. While having the mouse be mainly for moving the camera around.

Is it possible to setup the second hotbar to use Shift+1-6 instead of Control+?
You can keybind the controls however you like, it's very, very customizable.

rocK`

Banned

All of this is answered in the thread with minimal googling. Please stop being lazy...

Lumine

Unsold 1.0 copies were supposed to all be pull from shelves. Ragnarok is the EU GAF server according to the Steam Group. It'll have old players on it, though, if you want to avoid them.

Thanks. That makes sense I suppose. Guess I'll just buy a 1.0 retail copy then. :)
All of this is answered in the thread with minimal googling. Please stop being lazy...

Oh I'm sorry. Did I offend you? Did I waste your time? Have I taken away valuable posting space from you? I did actually read the OP and several pages of this thread as well as from the other threads. At that point it seemed a lot more effective to simply ask politely. Perhaps you could enlighten me with your amazing search skills or did you never have any intention of helping out?

edit: the live letter thing has started I think :)

Rektash

Phase 4:
17.-19. for people who just signed up for open beta.
16.-19. for people who participated in phase 3.

- Level cap for phase 4 will be 20.
- Free housing for stress testing.
- PvP in phase 4 as well. Very barebone though.
- Arcanist is in phase 4.

Early Access:
24.-26. for everyone.

Phase 4:
17.-19. for people who just signed up for open beta.
16.-19. for people who participated in phase 3.

- Level cap for phase 4 will be 20.
- Free housing for stress testing.
- PvP in phase 4 as well. Very barebone though.
- Arcanist is in phase 4.

Early Access:
24.-26. for everyone.

What I feared with the early access. The only weekend in like forever where I was going to be out of town. Sure it is going to end early on Monday too, right after I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom