• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes you do need to whisper to other party members about stuff. At least its happened to me many times in the past.

I'm so nervous about starting in this game. I'm completely worried it's going to degrade into a community of individuals like WoW, and be not fun to play in the long term. I find myself torn between playing this and trying to get into FFXI again. My original character is long gone but I should be able to find my level 30ish WHM/RDM to pick up...

I just don't know what to do ;_;.

It shouldnt. Throughout the beta, everyone has been really talkative, from in game stuff to random real life stuff. The FF online community as a whole is pretty different from the majority of the other online game communities, for better or worse.

As long as there is plenty of stuff to do anyway.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm not gonna lie, sometimes you do need to whisper to other party members about stuff. At least its happened to me many times in the past.

Yeah, like how terrible the tank is and to vote to kick him.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

/t Teknoman Blade This tank sucks man. Given his gear, I would think he knows better OH SHIT YER THE TANK. =)

or more accurately...

/t Teknoman Blade This tank sucks man. Given his gear, I would think he knows better
/t Teknoman Blade mt...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't even know what happened here, but ok.

No, I want to have tells in instances so I can talk to people OUTSIDE THE INSTANCE.

But you keep on believing that everyone is talking about you behind your back there. Because wow, what even brought this on? Paranoid much?
Why would I be paranoid, I'd have to suck at the game to worry about people talking shit :p
I don't suck at anything

But yes not being able to talk to people outside of an instance sucks, thankfully if you are talking to someone as a friend you most likely share a LS with them.

I was simply stating that tells just flat out don't work at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pugilist is probably more active than Lancer for damage dealers as you get higher and into levels. Stances plus damage boosts based on the direction you're fighting the enemy from will require quite a bit of control and movement to get the most out of your attacks.

Lancer will be going from back to side a bunch more from what Ive seen of their move pool. From what I've seen of the move pool unless I missed something like an idiot pug will be at the sides of a monster the entire time o.o/ Pug will have more of a combo flow to them though, Lancer is going to mostly be doing two chains a majority of the time just lots of movement

Lancer will be going from back to side a bunch more from what Ive seen of their move pool. From what I've seen of the move pool unless I missed something like an idiot pug will be at the sides of a monster the entire time o.o/ Pug will have more of a combo flow to them though, Lancer is going to mostly be doing two chains a majority of the time just lots of movement

Pugs have flank and behind the mob type attacks also.

Goldenhen

Since there is duty finder, I'm considering moving from WoW to FF14:ARR and I want to ask question how is healing gameplay?
Is it easy for anyone to pick up and play?
Is there a function that you can map the abilities to mouse buttons? Like you right click the player name to heal. Or press the middle button to perform AoE heal.

Thanks.

Don't see it anywhere, so yeah we are getting a thief class in the future :p

I actually believe they may have 2 advanced jobs branching out from 1 base job in the future. It might look like:

GLD -> PLD + Samurai
MRD -> WAR + Berserker
CNJ -> WHM + Blue Mage
PGL -> MNK + Thief
LNC -> DRG + Dark Knight
THM -> BLM + Red Mage
Archer -> BRD + Beastmaster
Arcanist -> SMN + Time Mage

Something like that.

Arc07

Since there is duty finder, I'm considering moving from WoW to FF14:ARR and I want to ask question how is healing gameplay?
Is it easy for anyone to pick up and play?
Is there a function that you can map the abilities to mouse buttons? Like you right click the player name to heal. Or press the middle button to perform AoE heal.

Thanks.
The healer I run with spends half his time dpsing so I would assume it's easy. Overall I would say it's as easy as WoW to pick up and play. I know there are mouseover macros and I have my mouse4 & mouse5 mapped to certain spots on my hotbars. You have to keybind it to that specific spot on your hotbar for mouse2.

Parfait

I actually believe they may have 2 advanced jobs branching out from 1 base job in the future. It might look like:

GLD -> PLD + Samurai
MRD -> WAR + Berserker
CNJ -> WHM + Blue Mage
PGL -> MNK + Thief
LNC -> DRG + Dark Knight
THM -> BLM + Red Mage
Archer -> BRD + Beastmaster
Arcanist -> SMN + Time Mage

Something like that.

Arcanist goes to SMN and SCH

erawsd

You are right, I missed that on one of the skills. Then yeah PUG is harder overall

Pug/Mnk has 3 flank skills and 2 back skills, so a pug is shifting position for almost every other attack. It'll be easy to pick out bad PUGs/Mnks based on how much they're moving.

LNC/DRG only has 1 flank and 1 back skill. 1 skill is used every 15seconds and the other every 30seconds, so they aren't moving anywhere near as much.

PUG has more mechanical complexity, while LNC is more about aggro management since they can unload a crazy amount of damage in a short amount of time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My list was

Gld- Red Mage
Mrd - Beast Master
Cnj - Geomancer
Thm- Time Mage
Pug- Dancer
Lnc- Samurai
Arc- Ranger
PUG has more mechanical complexity, while LNC is more about aggro management since they can unload a crazy amount of damage in a short amount of time.
I agree, I missed some stuff.

Arcanist gets 2 advanced jobs already?

I didn't even know that when I came up with this. But now I know it will be true for the other jobs.

It's the entire reason we're discussing the idea of other classes getting two jobs.
emot-v.gif
Arcanist set the standard and now other classes will live up to it.

raphanum

Which server is everybody joining?

Edit: never mind. OP has them listed.

Edit2: Please, could somebody tell me how I send a tell to get an invite to Free Company?

raven777

I just finished lv 20 story quest and whats with 3 guys asking me to join their order?
I have Storm, Serpent, and Flame officers. Do I have to choose one? What is the difference?

ebil

I just finished lv 20 story quest and whats with 3 guys asking me to join their order?
I have Storm, Serpent, and Flame officers. Do I have to choose one? What is the difference?
You need to choose one Grand Company, yes. I'd suggest choosing based on personal preference, as the only difference is the gear and chocobo barding you'll eventually get. It's also going to affect the storyline you'll get to a lesser extent (you'll basically report to your Grand Company and some story events will take place in your GC region). You'll also get a Company Hunting Log but I don't know if they're different from one another. Here's the Serpent Gear, Flame Gear, Storm Gear list.

Lain

I was already getting worried that there was a problem on my end, since I was getting a lost connection while trying to log my character. So there's an emergency maint? Hope it won't take too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom