• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally nailed down my character between 5 possibilites (never wasted so much time on a charcter creator lol), need help to choose!:

Male options:

rpuj3Lb.jpg

Female options:

35BeRKB.jpg

I'm really happy with the male elezen, I really thought I wouldn't manage a good result with one of those, but I'm quite satisfied with any other option.

Tomodachi

Care to rate my tentative character gaf? Does it feel too generic? It's not gonna be a tank nor a melee dps. Probably thaumaturge or conjurer, I'm still not sure. I liked healing as a conjurer a lot but the solo combat is pretty dull (as expected).

Care to rate my tentative character gaf? Does it feel too generic? It's not gonna be a tank nor a melee dps. Probably thaumaturge or conjurer, I'm still not sure. I liked healing as a conjurer a lot but the solo combat is pretty dull (as expected).

Definetly dosn't feel generic, I like that, although it remind me this:

24mW8xO.jpg

lol

WolvenOne

Just a reminder to everyone. If you are at all dissatisfied with the benches you're getting on the character creator, make certain your drivers are up to date.

I managed to get a little over 200 extra points, after updating a few drivers.

Three doors to choose from.

Lala is only there for novelty and is a distant third. Did feel like I was hauling ass every time I moved with him after trying out the bigger races though. Also loved how their sprint face is the "dat ass" face. Anyway. Think the first may be a bit too tryhard but the middle a bit too generic so wateves.

Also, god dammit, Relaxed Muscle, made me choke.

Just a reminder to everyone. If you are at all dissatisfied with the benches you're getting on the character creator, make certain your drivers are up to date.

I managed to get a little over 200 extra points, after updating a few drivers.

Unless you have a god damn gtx 460 and the latest official drivers still fuck with it hardcore.

DrDogg

Hmm, messed around with the char creator and made some cool stuff. How do you import it in the game proper?

It gives you the option to save your character. If you do that, you'll be able to import the character creation data when you start in Phase 4/early access/retail.

When I opened the benchmark character creator, I had two saves from 1.0 and my beta character save available to edit/use.

WolvenOne

Lala is only there for novelty and is a distant third. Did feel like I was hauling ass every time I moved with him after trying out the bigger races though. Also loved how their sprint face is the "dat ass" face. Anyway. Think the first may be a bit too tryhard but the middle a bit too generic so wateves.

Also, god dammit, Relaxed Muscle, made me choke.

Unless you have a god damn gtx 460 and the latest official drivers still fuck with it hardcore.

I was more referring to things like, Audio drivers, you know the stuff people are less likely to keep a firm tabs on.

Chronoexe

Benchmark and my character, the first one is my beta kitty but I want to change the hairstyle maybe the second one but I like the third too.

6T9v6aD.jpg

QGf9XrK.jpg

I made a female Hyur and OMG I want to use her, then to make things harder I made a Lalafell and a Roegadyn fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Well tomorrow i'll try the male versions.

LowParry

Hmm. My bias opinion goes for door #1 because that was my original Elezen character from beta that I really enjoyed. Door #2? Naw. #3? Another bias opinion because I am going Lalafell myself. So! I think either 1 or 3 are your best choices :D

Ainaurdur

Finally nailed down my character between 5 possibilites (never wasted so much time on a charcter creator lol), need help to choose!:
I'm really happy with the male elezen, I really thought I wouldn't manage a good result with one of those, but I'm quite satisfied with any other option.
I'd say either the Male Miqo'te or the grey skinned Female Elezen.

Not too generic, and would actually be nice to see him as a mage of some sort.

Anyway. Think the first may be a bit too tryhard but the middle a bit too generic so wateves.
Go with the Male Elezen, but what is too tryhard about him? Maybe pick something other than red for the eyes?

LowParry

Anyone catch this?

Starting beta test phase 4, we will be including a ‘simple craft’ for items you have already crafted in the past, as long as you have the material, you will be able to craft continuously for the amount you assign.
This feature will be released when you level any crafter class to level 10, and can be used with other crafting class as well.
Also, you will be able to select if you want to use HQ materials or not.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/84603-クラフターの木工師などに連続製作がほしい

WolvenOne

Oh, and another small update. As it turns out, my motherboard is one of the few AM2 models out there, that never received a Bios upgrade to run AM2+ CPU's.

So, my options are now, Intel, or Intel. Kinda bites, since I much prefer making stop-gap upgrades until I have lots of money to burn on more ambitious rebuilds. :p

WolvenOne

Anyone catch this?

Starting beta test phase 4, we will be including a ‘simple craft’ for items you have already crafted in the past, as long as you have the material, you will be able to craft continuously for the amount you assign.
This feature will be released when you level any crafter class to level 10, and can be used with other crafting class as well.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/84603-クラフターの木工師などに連続製作がほしい

Oh, that'll be nice. There's lots of lower level items you need to build to craft higher level items, so that'll streamline things a bit.

I've had no problems with Nvidia's recent drivers?

Do you have an older card? 460 can't return from sleep mode, and randomly crash on the latest release drivers.

I don't like the lala, but is a biased as fuck opinion. Between the 1# and 2#...hmm, hard choice, although I'll go with 2# because I had that Elezen hair on my 1.0 character and ended hating it. lol

Hoping that the barber shop ends up being easy and cheap to use so don't have to worry too hard about the hair style/color.

Hmm. My bias opinion goes for door #1 because that was my original Elezen character from beta that I really enjoyed. Door #2? Naw. #3? Another bias opinion because I am going Lalafell myself. So! I think either 1 or 3 are your best choices :D
Go with the Male Elezen, but what is too tryhard about him? Maybe pick something other than red for the eyes?

Thanks for the input. As for the eyes, I really just pick things on what seems right, and that seemed to fit with the skin color and race. Same reason why the highlander ends up looking the way it does, because any of the odd hair colors just don't look right on them.

Think the fight is really between the Elezen and Highlander. Leaning towards the Elezen, but do think armor tends to look better on the higherlander, and the minmaxer in me is always gonna know about the missing str and vit. Bah.

Ryn

I think I settled on the two looks I want:

JTLbz3O.png

pZK03sz.png

First one is a revamp of my character during phase 3, and second one is an alternate I might want to use too. Hmm.

Vlodril

Anyone catch this?

Good. It was annoying as hell having to pick the recipe again and again especially for things you needed in order to make more advanced stuff.

Dits

Anyone catch this?

Part of me wants to smash something reading this, you have no idea how much time I wasted on crafting in 1.0 when it first launched. Ah well

460 reporting in, can't return from sleep, random crashes, and when I try to do anything with my dual monitor setup it has an aneurysm.

Yeah, gotta roll back to your working driver and just hope they get onto fixing this since it's not isolated, its like every 460 and several other cards.

Akuosa

Male options:

Female options:

The male elezen for me.

The results have gone crazy since this screenshot a few hours ago, or really different people are answering, because woah, the differences https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1p595UaZIEZMMZZRmTejNlEU_8WD7udPkqHaw_Oqtrec/viewanalytics
Whoa. Leatherworker went from lowest to highest. Not surprised that Arcanist is all the rage, but I'm still shocked at how many peeps are rockin' the Conjurer/White Mage. Always thought the healer class in MMOs was one of the most scarce.

Ainaurdur

Complete global saturation

image.php

It could be skewed to just about any of the races. Don't be a Hyur. Don't be a Lalafell. Don't be a Roegadyn!

Basically the only safe option is Elezen. But within a short amount of time, it too will be looked down upon.

So be what you want to be.

kierwynn

Been playing around with the benchmark- my characters:

UodRHqT.png

I am still unable to decide between being a girl or a guy. lol I'll probably just play on both in some way and I'm sure one will eventually become my main.

Akuosa

It could be skewed to just about any of the races. Don't be a Hyur. Don't be a Lalafell. Don't be a Roegadyn!

Basically the only safe option is Elezen. But within a short amount of time, it too will be looked down upon.

So be what you want to be.
Hipster elezens?

For those who still haven't pre-ordered this game, GMG has it 20% off once more!

C'mon, try it, I heard the first hit is free.

I don't know if I should go for this deal, I'm getting a desktop this week and I've never really played an MMO before but I'd like to try due to the EQN thing.

FF14 looks fun though. Is the game as good as people are hyping it up to be? Are there any videos to introduce how the game works?

akaoni

Banned
For the creative people, you should be able to share your character templates by copying them from;

"C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Benchmark)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom