• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
I won't lie, I kinda hope they're going to go ahead and wipe everything to start fresh at early release, and they're doing exactly that, leaving things up despite having a temporary fix available to try and ensure they're able to fix it for early release/launch.

I won't complain if they don't wipe things, I understand and see both sides of it (and feel bad for a large segment of people either way), but it sucks pretty bad when this is basically the unofficial start of the game and it's been almost impossible to play since Friday afternoon for a lot of people. The combination of the 3102 and 90k errors has definitely been game breaking this weekend. I'd kinda like to see them get resolved, and everyone start fresh during the game's actual early release phase.

If they wipe it then I'm tempted to not come back.

I've invested loads into levelling my character :(

Korezo

I won't lie, I kinda hope they're going to go ahead and wipe everything to start fresh at early release, and they're doing exactly that, leaving things up despite having a temporary fix available to try and ensure they're able to fix it for early release/launch.

I won't complain if they don't wipe things, I understand and see both sides of it (and feel bad for a large segment of people either way), but it sucks pretty bad when this is basically the unofficial start of the game and it's been almost impossible to play since Friday afternoon for a lot of people. The combination of the 3102 and 90k errors has definitely been game breaking this weekend. I'd kinda like to see them get resolved, and everyone start fresh during the game's actual early release phase.

How is server problems game breaking? It has nothing to do with gameplay. I doubt SE will wipe because of login problems.

Deacon

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_JP
新生FFXIV P/D吉田です。先行体験版(オープンβテスト)へ多数のご参加ありがとうございます。同時接続者数が15万人を超える状況となったため、このあと午後6時にJP新規3ワールドの追加を行います。(1/2) #FF14

Does that really say over 15 million concurrent users? Bet they weren't expecting that.

Soroc

I posted a few minutes ago and was on ~502...

Edit: and I can't believe you still rock that Sanchez avatar lol

Until he no longer is the starter! :D

Just tried logging in and still have the 3102 error. Guessing Beta is over for me. At least I have early access next weekend :-/

Does that really say over 15 million concurrent users? Bet they weren't expecting that.

The fuck? I definitely wasn't expecting that many myself. They said something like Phase 3 had over 1 million, didn't they? lol, that's quite the difference. :p

I thought I saw another topic on the beta forums where people were complaining about this error. Did not see if a solution was present.

I really wish the beta forums would come back up. D:

ReaperXL7

If they wipe it then I'm tempted to not come back.

I've invested loads into levelling my character :(

Yeah, I kind of agree. I have put allot of work into my character for as long as I was able to play for, if I had my character ready to go come launch it gives me more reason to return. If theh wipe, then that reason dies, and I really dont want to do all that crafting again.

Considering the issues it would be nice of them to extend the beta period, but of course SE wont do that. I really cannot remember the last MMO that only had a two day open beta.

Mendrox

Cheapest price for a german guy? Played the first phase for about 10 Minutes and now Phase 4 for about a hour and I really liked what I played so far... so I guess I will play it for a month or two. :)

LordAlu

Is there no queueing system to wait for a log-on? Seems pretty poor that you have to click Start -> choose your character -> try and log-on -> get told world is full and then it boots you back to the title screen.

Is there no queueing system to wait for a log-on? Seems pretty poor that you have to click Start -> choose your character -> try and log-on -> get told world is full and then it boots you back to the title screen.

I saw a queue last night.. not sure why you wouldn't be getting placed in a queue.

There is, but it doesn't seem to trigger most of the time. Very rarely, you'll get a box popping up saying something about being in a queue to get in with numbers ticking down. I wish it always worked so you didn't have to keep pressing Start -> Choosing character.

Manik

Considering the issues it would be nice of them to extend the beta period, but of course SE wont do that. I really cannot remember the last MMO that only had a two day open beta.

Not only that, but a 2 day open beta where the beta feedback forums are down for maintenance for one of the days. Amazing.

ReaperXL7

Would be kind of funny if SE did this to stop people from getting to far before release. Have they said anything about the characters being stuck, or when it should be fixed? Really sucks for people who could only play on sunday.

Dvide

Banned
So I was doing the Lord of Inferno quest where you have to defeat Ifrit. Got killed in the last second, and now Ifrit is defeated. There is no option for me to revive and my team is gone. Now I'm just lying here in a pool of fiery brimstone surrounded by flames. Now what?

BxqxJAq.jpg

Lumine

It's wierd to see so many people having problems simply logging in when I'm having none. It's usually the other way around. :p I guess I'm done with the beta though. I'll be switching, or rather starting over, on a European server at release, I don't want to risk any latency problems. Several hours levelling wasted but I'll live. Unfortunately all European servers, even Phoenix seems to be closed at the moment.

Is there a site or any way to check how crowded or full each server is? I don't want to end up on a server that's so full I'm in queue every time I log in nor do I want to end up on a server that's empty a month or two after release.

Vashetti

Banned
lol tell us more

lol people are taking this out of context!

I meant compared to Phase 3, where I was mainly messing about because I knew none of it mattered.

In Phase 4 I've been really diligent in designing my character, questing, levelling, etc.

Korezo

So I was doing the Lord of Inferno quest where you have to defeat Ifrit. Got killed in the last second, and now Ifrit is defeated. There is no option for me to revive and my team is gone. Now I'm just lying here in a pool of fiery brimstone surrounded by flames. Now what?

BxqxJAq.jpg

Got to wait until timer runs out.

That Exit over there is just taunting you.... Can you just click on the Return button?

----

My launcher finally started to work, yay.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Would be kind of funny if SE did this to stop people from getting to far before release. Have they said anything about the characters being stuck, or when it should be fixed? Really sucks for people who could only play on sunday.

Their MO with FFXI was to just increase the difficulty of certain fights to the point where there was no realistic way to win. They did it with the Chains of Promathia expansions so most people wouldn't find out where the stopping point was.

Given last night I was on 3012 and still get the same message I'm guessing I'm not going to get to play any more of the beta. I was really tempted to buy it whilst I was playing it however now I'm not all that sure that would be a wise idea, I don't want to be locked out of a mmorpg that still uses the archaic subscription model for any amount of time.

Kemal86

Where do you continue the main quest after Level 15? I did the airship world tour and talked to the leaders...got my mini airship toy.

Guess I missed who I was supposed to talk to next.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Seems like it to be honest. "Here! Play on the JP servers that are usually unlisted when you can log on NA server"

RangerBAD

Their MO with FFXI was to just increase the difficulty of certain fights to the point where there was no realistic way to win. They did it with the Chains of Promathia expansions so most people wouldn't find out where the stopping point was.

Did anyone ever beat the CoP boss? I remember people kiting it for like 20 hours and stuff. The LS I was in tried a few times and teamed up with other Linkshells. Shout out to anyone who was on Garuda 4-5 years ago.

Where do you continue the main quest after Level 15? I did the airship world tour and talked to the leaders...got my mini airship toy.

Guess I missed who I was supposed to talk to next.

Try returning to your home city and check the Adventurer's bar/inn/guild? They might have one for you there. Keep checking the Recommendations thing they have in the game too.

Baleoce

This phase is just so damn buggy :/ Some NPCs aren't even appearing for leve quests now. And annoyingly it's one of the initiation quests for an area. I'm guessing it's another symptom of this 90k error, as my friend is having no troubles whatsoever. This is reminding me of FFXI SE tbh.

Khrno

Given last night I was on 3012 and still get the same message I'm guessing I'm not going to get to play any more of the beta. I was really tempted to buy it whilst I was playing it however now I'm not all that sure that would be a wise idea, I don't want to be locked out of a mmorpg that still uses the archaic subscription model for any amount of time.

Then just wait a couple weeks after launch and just keep an eye on impressions from people here in GAF to see if these server problems were fixed or not.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Sigh.
Error 3102 after logging at level 2.
Ohwell, i made another account, no worries since i've not entered the codes yet!

Shiva, where all my friends are, is now closed for registrations. gddammit.

Dvide

Banned
That Exit over there is just taunting you.... Can you just click on the Return button?

----

My launcher finally started to work, yay.

Nope. Wasn't that bad though. Had to wait like seven minutes before returning to the real world.

They could've done something to help this problem though.

Khrno

Did anyone ever beat the CoP boss? I remember people kiting it for like 20 hours and stuff. The LS I was in tried a few times and teamed up with other Linkshells. Shout out to anyone who was on Garuda 4-5 years ago.

I know you are talking about Absolute Virtue, but the "CoP boss" is actually Promathia.

Anyway, yes they were beaten.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

CoP, even when not put at intentionally unbeatable levels was known for some pretty difficult fights (these fights have since been nerfed). But the unbeatable boss was Absolute Virtue, which was never legitimately defeated until the level cap was increased from 75 to 99. A few linkshells were able to defeat it at 75 using glitches that were quickly patched.

Baleoce

I know you are talking about Absolute Virtue, but the "CoP boss" is actually Promathia.

Anyway, yes they were beaten.

No, vanilla AV (the version he's talking about) was never beaten legitimately. Only using some weird wall glitch. When they nerfed AV it was beaten many times in a zerg alliance using Perfect Defense rotations. It really doesn't count.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sigh.
Error 3102 after logging at level 2.
Ohwell, i made another account, no worries since i've not entered the codes yet!

Shiva, where all my friends are, is now closed for registrations. gddammit.

Just wondering if you're willing to try, what happens when you delete your 3102 characters and try to remake?

They really need to get the queuing system working properly when trying to get onto your server. Having to spam the Start -> Character name -> Start -> Character name repeat gets rather annoying quickly. D:

RangerBAD

No, vanilla AV (the version he's talking about) was never beaten legitimately. Only using some weird wall glitch. When they nerfed AV it was beaten many times in a zerg alliance using Perfect Defense rotations. It really doesn't count.

I don't know what they were thinking with Absolute Virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom