• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

No, vanilla AV (the version he's talking about) was never beaten legitimately. Only using some weird wall glitch. When they nerfed AV it was beaten many times in a zerg alliance using Perfect Defense rotations. It really doesn't count.

Even if it was cheating, it was beaten regardless.

And we my LS we beat it only during that couple of days or so before they nerfed Souleater or Blood Weapon effect on it can't remember now, but felt so good.

teiresias

Still 3102'ing and beta forums still inaccessible. I'd have trouble considering giving time to a F2P game that's in this condition and supposed to be launching in six days, much less a paid subscription game.

I swear, if I pay for game time and 3102 upon logging in, my credit card company will get a call for a charge back, because given SE's behavior during this beta test and the fact that they seem to ignore the English beta forum anyway, I doubt tech support or anyone at SE would be able to help.

Kemal86

Are there not any "normal" quests after level 15?

Running around East Shroud for a little while now and not seeing anything. Kind of a bummer.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Does any version include gametime? Not a single store page I found mentions this at all.

Eurogamer Article
Another article, not sure how reliable.

I think it does. They state it includes a 30-day sub with any purchase of it I assume.

Articles on gaming sites were the only sources I could find through Google as well. There's nothing on FF XIV / SE / other retailer sites about this that I could find.

Yeah it's fucking ridiculous we still haven't got official word and the reason I've still haven't preordered despite the game being less than £14 online. I also can't find mention if I need the DVD to be on the drive while playing or not, if the former than I'd rather go digital but goddamn it's much, much more expensive.

Those worst thing about the 31012 error is I wasn't able to get to an inn first which is beyond frustrating because assuming no wipe 5 days of rested bonus is pretty huge

Khrno

Yeah it's fucking ridiculous and the reason I've still haven't preordered despite the game being less than £14 online. I also can't find mention if I need the DVD to be on the drive while playing or not, if the former than I'd rather go digital but goddamn it's much, much more expensive.

Of course you not. There's only a installer on the disc, even the PS3 Bluray only has a installer, you play either version without discs.

And if you were to pre-order, you'd get the early access code and download the client, so you wouldn't even take the disc out of the case.

Ferr986

yay dancing mandy minion!

zzqBeEc.jpg

Baleoce

Even if it was cheating, it was beaten regardless.

And we my LS we beat it only during that couple of days or so before they nerfed Souleater or Blood Weapon effect on it can't remember now, but felt so good.

Zerg never feels good. It's convenient I'll admit, but it never gives a sense of accomplishment. That was one downfall of XI. All the major bosses, everyone would resort to a zerg. Dynamis Lord (pre-patch), Bahamut v2, AV (post-patch). At least PW (post-nerf, again) would make you wait until it's final stage before you could do it. So you actually had to have a decent setup for all the previous forms.

And if you watched how vanilla AV was beaten, it was a joke. Not legitimate by any means of the word.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't know what they were thinking with Absolute Virtue.
Probably something along the lines of "You think you're hardcore, punks?".

As for the beta, I don't feel like playing anymore today. Since we don't know the official requirements for Jobs, I've decided that it might be a good idea to get ACN to 15, just in case BLM really needed it.

In the end my current class levels are (some of those are leftovers from 1.0):

LaneDS

Those worst thing about the 31012 error is I wasn't able to get to an inn first which is beyond frustrating because assuming no wipe 5 days of rested bonus is pretty huge

Hadn't considered that... here's hoping they'd award all players rested XP but that seems like a pipe dream at best.

Aesthet1c

Really surprised to see that my character is still 3102'd this morning. Guess I'm probably done for the weekend. Hopefully I can play next week.

Lain

Dungeons haven't been nice to me in this phase 4, all I got from them was a mini-skirt that gets hidden by my body armor, so it looks like I'm going around pant-less.

Also, I get this weird audio bug, with sound effects getting muzzled and battle music triggering at random.

Zerg never feels good. It's convenient I'll admit, but it never gives a sense of accomplishment. That was one downfall of XI. All the major bosses, everyone would resort to a zerg. Dynamis Lord (pre-patch), Bahamut v2, AV (post-patch). At least PW (post-nerf, again) would make you wait until it's final stage before you could do it. So you actually had to have a decent setup for all the previous forms.

And if you watched how vanilla AV was beaten, it was a joke. Not legitimate by any means of the word.

Yeah, it's a shame zerging became so widespread among some of the more entertaining bosses in FFXI. Bahamut v2 was one of my favorite fights in the game until everyone started to zerg it. I had such a fun time tanking that as Paladin, but then when people wanted to start zerging it down, I just went on my bard, 2 hour'ed buffed everyone, and went afk for about a minute. Exciting stuff there... D:

ReaperXL7

Hadn't considered that... here's hoping they'd award all players rested XP but that seems like a pipe dream at best.

Youll be lucky if they dont wipe the servers completely. To be honest the lack of support is what would end up killing me interest in this, its crazy stupid how quiet they have been about this issue, and you would think with how important this launch is for SE that they would want to ensure as many happy people as possible.

Moobabe

Yeah, it's a shame zerging became so widespread among some of the more entertaining bosses in FFXI. Bahamut v2 was one of my favorite fights in the game until everyone started to zerg it. I had such a fun time tanking that as Paladin, but then when people wanted to start zerging it down, I just went on my bard, 2 hour'ed buffed everyone, and went afk for about a minute. Exciting stuff there... D:

Could have been worse - I played GW2 for a few months and it's basically Zerg: The MMO.

It's amazing to me how they eventually just said fuck it with Abyssea and added the 'easy button' Brew that killed any challenge at all.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Of course you not. There's only a installer on the disc, even the PS3 Bluray only has a installer, you play either version without discs.

And if you were to pre-order, you'd get the early access code and download the client, so you wouldn't even take the disc out of the case.

Cool, thanks, so now I only need to know if the game includes at least a 30 days sub.

Also, looking at the OP, seems that new players like me (lol please be gentle you guys, it'll be my first proper MMO -only played PSO back in the Dreamcast's days and that wasn't really an MMO-) who'd like to play with gaffers will be restricted to NA server Ultros even if based in EU? The OP mention only a legacy server for EU, and afaik I shouldn't go with that one unless I've been playing since 1.0/have a leveled up build already... right?

I've been trying to connect to GAF.mumble.com 5311 just to see how it was, also wanted to give a spin to the Mumble iOS app, but it keeps asking me for username and password..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Cool, thanks, so now I only need to know if the game includes at least a 30 days sub.

Also, looking at the OP, seems that new players like me (lol please be gentle you guys, it'll be my first proper MMO -only played PSO back in the Dreamcast's days and that wasn't really an MMO-) who'd like to play with gaffers will be restricted to NA server Ultros even if based in EU? The OP mention only a legacy server for EU, and afaik I shouldn't go with that one unless I've been playing since 1.0/have a leveled up build already... right?

I've been trying to connect to GAF.mumble.com 5311 just to see how it was, also wanted to give a spin to the Mumble iOS app, but it keeps asking me for username and password..

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-release-news

Bah, got my hopes up that there was going to be a maintenance to fix the 3102, but just noticed it is the notice from last night and am, not pm.

Berordn

The only difference between a legacy server and a normal one is that legacy servers have 1.0 characters on them already and normal servers only allow ARR characters. Anyone can start a new ARR character on either.

Baleoce

It's amazing to me how they eventually just said fuck it with Abyssea and added the 'easy button' Brew that killed any challenge at all.

Rofl, I'd forgotten about brews. But yeah, case in point. You could even artificially prolong brews by clicking on an NPC to lock yourself in dialogue between bosses. It really was a case of "fuck it", like you say.

kirby2096

I haven't even started playing the game on my main this weekend.. Not sure whether to switch to F midlander or stick with F sun mi'qote :x

Could have been worse - I played GW2 for a few months and it's basically Zerg: The MMO.

Damn, that sucks. :/

I'm honestly glad I quit FFXI long before any of that stuff happened (like Abyssea, the level cap raising, etc.) because I still have a lot of great memories of the game and left on a pretty good note. Would have sucked to keep playing and eventually just grow to hate the game.

-------

For fucks sake, they need to fix the "queuing" system! I don't understand why 99% of the time, it doesn't work. Then randomly, it'll put me in a queue to log in.

Xavien

Just got this 3102 error after attempting to login today, anyone know what it is? I got a disconnection last night while zoning and decided to sleep instead.

Just got this 3102 error after attempting to login today, anyone know what it is? I got a disconnection last night while zoning and decided to sleep instead.

It's one of the many (well, few) game-breaking errors and problems with the beta. They said they fixed it last night, but I guess not. D;

Soroc

So I just tried to log into the lodestone and it says:

There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character.

I think my character is gonna end up wiped :(

Baleoce

hope they compensate us... this 3102 error or 90000 error is just horrible

This is still in beta, it's just open beta now. Early start (and official launch) hasn't happened yet, so they're not obliged to provide us with anything.

Jinko

I thought the market-wards were brilliant until I actually tried to buy from them, why can't we buy individual items from a sellers stack now ? (like in 1.0)

Obviously it is intentional but why would they do this ?

Edit:- If they wipe characters I am guna rage hard.

Looks like I also get to join this party, in the same way. Joy.

So I just tried to log into the lodestone and it says:

I think my character is gonna end up wiped :(

The Lodestone site that's still up is looking for 1.0 characters. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Teknoman

My condolences.

hope they compensate us... this 3102 error or 90000 error is just horrible

Technically there isnt anything to compensate for since we aren't really "paying" yet. Best to hope for is that they dont have a character wipe, can recover everyone affected normally, or just do a minor rollback so people lose a bit of progress but come out generally unscathed.

Korezo

It's an open beta, you can ask for compensation if it happens in the actual release of the game but asking for some now is just silly.

They need to extend beta, they obviously not ready for release if its taking them days to figure out some of these errors. If beta ends with people still not being able to log in, I bet in early access this will be a problem again. It's not even fixed and beta is ending, so in order to know if it got fixed the only way to tell will be on early access or launch.

teiresias

Compensation? I hope youre joking.

I'll tell you one thing, they're going to get absolutely no compensation from me in terms of paying to play this game if there isn't an explicit write-up on the lodestone about how NA/EU players can be assured that, after paying for their initial game-time, they won't just end up getting 3102'd trying to log in on release.

I've got a large enough offline gaming backlog and there's far too many F2P games in this market now, for this crappy, half-assed, non-communicative support to be the norm coming from SE in situations like this - especially involving a game they want to charge people a subscription fee to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom