• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV DLC includes playable Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto, ‘Online Exp'

No actually I'm saving up for Gamescom announcements. :)

Imagine if it ends up being as abysmal as last year. I don't think that's possible unless they make Mat do a live demo of the game again.

Well it seems as a Defender of FFXIII I will have to come back in full force defending FFXV too. I thought story would be different this time (a new FF, no more Lightning and Toriyama, what could be wrong? Fans will be happy!), but Final Fantasy haters think different (and that makes 50% of "its" fans), always ready for one more fight.

Well know this: I'm fucking ready!

To be fair this was bound to get some negativity because the characters, and parts of the story of XV have been cooking at Square since 2006. I believe a FFXVI would fare better since it would be working with a clean slate. I woudl have said VIIR as well but that's already got a lot of backlash from it being 'multi-part' and an Action RPG now.

Well it seems as a Defender of FFXIII I will have to come back in full force defending FFXV too. I thought story would be different this time (a new FF, no more Lightning and Toriyama, what could be wrong? Fans will be happy!), but Final Fantasy haters think different (and that makes 50% of "its" fans), always ready for one more fight.

Well know this: I'm fucking ready!
You have my gunblade perfo!

With fans like these who needs enemies haha!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
You have my gunblade perfo!

With fans like these who needs enemies haha!

The biggest traitor here is Kagari btw. They removed her souless barbie from the game (RIP Stella) and then everything went down fast from that moment. She's seeking vengeance between one boring grinding in ARR and the next, I'll give her peace back instead. I already feel it, the past days with me defending Toriyama's masterpieces against her evil being. Nothing changed. She haven't. Me neither.

An endless battle.
Be ready my friend. She leads them to glory but will find only her rest!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I woke up after a rough night and there's talk of traitors in the fandom's midst.

Ready the Kingsglaive, I guess.

Deft Beck

From what I've seen it is only included in the digital deluxe version, whatever that is called. All physical special versions seemingly need to buy it separately.

i think only digital deluxe edition gets the season pass and not the physical deluxe one

What's so "deluxe" about my package, then? A movie, cosmetic DLC and a steel book? I'll buy the season pass but that's now $100 for a single game. And it doesn't include the GameStop exclusive game!

What a mess.

Valonquar

FFXV online will be like GTAV online, where you try to run missions for Cidney, but people keep nuking you with meteor from their airships every time you even try to set foot outside.

Love that despite the DLC not existing they'll sell you the content before hand. No idea of the length or what to expect besides who you play as. What a joke.

Perfo

I'm not a traitor right? I’m just harsh!

You're just harsh. You also liked FFXIII when you first played it, I remember with nostalgia your first import impressions. This makes you just a lost brother to me. If the game is good and stands on its merits, you'll go back to your brotherhood I'm sure. You're not my enemy yet, but evil is strong in you. Be careful and do not let Kagari and her sisters taint you please.

Love that despite the DLC not existing they'll sell you the content before hand. No idea of the length or what to expect besides who you play as. What a joke.

Just like every other pre-release Season Pass. This is basically the norm for modern AAA games. It's not like this is some new or even unexpected.

Wagram

That booster pack has the be the among the worst kinds of DLC. Definitely should hold off because who knows if XV will be any good.

Toth

The DLC looks beefy and fun. More intrigued in the Perfo and Kagari battle though. FF13 Defenders unite!

Maniel

Banned

Well it's better than the alternative. Would you rather them have the DLC already finished and held back from the full game just to sell it to you later?

Perfo

Yeah well. We are all biased! I've enjoyed a lot of Tabata's games though. Until the Type-0 demo...

Type-0 è una merda... to say the least. In italian I mean.
But a main FF is another thing, same director or not.

PS: also crisis core was cute

Cloud7

Final Fantasy XV online multiplayer????

Maybe versus battles against other players?
Maybe co-op missions?

It would be really exciting if it was either or both.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
My guess is that one of the expansion pack's features is that it offers wide-sweeping enhancements to Altissia's arena, transforming it into a more full-fledged experience than a comparably barebones vanilla game version. One of those enhancements is a "Mirror Battle" in which Noctis and Friends face off against other iterations of themselves from across "space and time" -- AKA a versus mode.

Source: My ass, pretty much. It feels right though.

Arkeband

Banned
If the engine is having a hard time managing a smooth single-player experience, it's going to have a fucking heart attack trying to incorporate netcode and the added complexity of other people controlling your teammates.

I would be extremely suspicious of the level of quality we can expect from an online mode.

The first DLC just being straight hand-out gear is pretty boring and the antithesis of what Tabata said about wanting the DLC to be meaningful. I guess maybe it's filler to hold people over until they finish development on the "real DLC"?

Josh378

I want to order Final Fantasy 15 but I want to know who has the best pre-order bonuses. Is there a website where I can go to find this?

This is very interesting DLC. Wonder how deep each character's gameplay will be and I also wonder what that online expansion will be. I'm legit interested. Will wait for more info before I buy, though.

sensui-tomo

Are the party members not playable in FFXV?

Noctis is the only playable character, Dlc makes the other people playable in their respected missions it seems . ( i remember the reason being something like they couldnt make combat as deep for the other 3 members as they did for noct)

The biggest traitor here is Kagari btw. They removed her souless barbie from the game (RIP Stella) and then everything went down fast from that moment. She's seeking vengeance between one boring grinding in ARR and the next, I'll give her peace back instead. I already feel it, the past days with me defending Toriyama's masterpieces against her evil being. Nothing changed. She haven't. Me neither.

An endless battle.
The rebellion the traitors so wish will be squashed.

It may be an endless battle but in the name of the kingsglaive and her supreme highness claire, light of her name we will prevail. No matter how long the nights get or how low the metacritic score goes. XV will be delivered justice from the haters!!

Are the party members not playable in FFXV?

Nope. You only control Noctis which isn't that big of a deal since he has access to all the weapons your party uses. You can command your other party members to do certain special moves.

An endless battle.

I can only assume she's shaking her head at this post, haha.

Faustek

Ok so i have come to enjoy duckrolls posts even when I don't actually care much about the message so I have so ask.
Since when did WoT have nekomimi slaves?

On topic:
DLC actually seems interesting now. Hopefully it's at least, preferably better, than Dd3s character DLC.

Ok so i have come to enjoy duckrolls posts even when I don't actually care much about the message so I have so ask.
Since when did WoT have nekomimi slaves?

On topic:
DLC actually seems interesting now. Hopefully it's at least, preferably better, than Dd3s character DLC.
It's not like his message is wrong, though. Gotta face the facts.

Lothars

I don't know how many hours of content the game has and that information isn't available to me now as the thought process is occurring. All I see is a publisher pushing addons and additional monetisation before they've even released the actual thing.

If by "entitlement" you mean being a prospective consumer and being entitled to my views they, yeah, I'm entitled af.
No, The entitlement is complaining about dlc for little to no reason where it's not a big deal.

Go_Ly_Dow

If the main game ends up with a metacritic which is less than 86 then I want my TAG to be removed and a new avatar of duckroll's choosing.

This is the final charge and a price must be paid for a decade of potential false hope. Please shame me.

If the main game ends up with a metacritic less which is less than 86 then I want my TAG to be removed and a new avatar of duckroll's choosing.

This is the final charge and a price must be paid for a decade of potential false hope. Please shame me.

I'm a lot more invested in the review scores now.

Asd202

If the main game ends up with a metacritic which is less than 86 then I want my TAG to be removed and a new avatar of duckroll's choosing.

:(

muteki

Now I can't help but wonder why we can't switch characters in battle.

Not that there isn't too much going on as it is with just one, but still.

Top Bottom