• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round Fighting games tournament - Streaming Live this weekend - March 11-13th

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LnYxg.jpg

One of the many stops of the

hSLdw.png

Trailer- http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1470893265227

╣Location╠

Taking place March 11th to the 13th at-
The Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354
Tel: (404) 767-9000

Tournament begins at 12 Noon on Friday, 10:00 AM Eastern on Saturday and Sunday.

╣Featured games╠

ZASxi.png

YqdbJ.png

QULo9.png

And also
n5vlT.gif
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
n5vlT.gif
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Arcade
n5vlT.gif
Arcana Hearts 3
n5vlT.gif
Blazblue Continuum shift
n5vlT.gif
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
n5vlT.gif
Melty Blood Actress Again

╣Streaming brought to you by╠

imebxC.gif

UsOh8.jpg

Streaming URL- http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

╣Sponsored by╠
n5vlT.gif
MadCatz
n5vlT.gif
Namco Bandai
n5vlT.gif
Cheap Ass Gamer

╣Players in attendance╠
n5vlT.gif
EG Justin Wong
n5vlT.gif
Arturo Sanchez
n5vlT.gif
EMP Santrax (Pretty much all of EMP really)
n5vlT.gif
HAV
n5vlT.gif
Keits
n5vlT.gif
MagnetoManiac
n5vlT.gif
Filipino Champ
n5vlT.gif
Floe
n5vlT.gif
Marn
n5vlT.gif
PR Rog
n5vlT.gif
Wolfkrone
..........And many many more.

Also GAF's very own Joekage and DBJoseph will be in attendance. One of the best Cody and Sakura players in the nation. Root for your peoples!

"Building up to the tournament is trash talking between Japan's Tokido and America's Darksydephil. They will finally clash......at some game or games. Actually when it's all said and done, they will probably hug each other and become best friends. That's how it usually goes."

ABpET.jpg
-║VS║-
bIZnG.jpg

The video that started it all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMaO-Z0x35Y

╣Credits╠

n5vlT.gif
ShinBlanka - Organizer, promotor, major head of the tournament.
n5vlT.gif
MarkMan - Mascot of the Fighting Game community. Always manages to find his way to every major tournament and sell stuff. One of GAF's very own.
n5vlT.gif
Sp00ky - For taking his time to devote himself to providing the one of the best Streams in the community. Whether small fry or big time, he cares about us all.
.........And to everyone making this happen.

Get Hype!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
n5vlT.gif
MarkMan - Mascot of the Fighting Game community. Always manages to find his way to every major tournament and sell stuff. One of GAF's very own.
Are you proud of your legacy MarkMan? ARE YOU?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My predictions:

Justin wins Marvel, if he cares, he wins SSF4. DSP will drop his stick after getting his shit kicked in and shut down the Stream again. Will be kicked out of the community forever. Forever alone on his Youtube Channel.

If the Tokido vs. DSP showdown really goes down, DSP is going to get bodied. Tokido is so good at so many games, even ones he hates like Blazblue (1st place at SCR lol). Tokido's fundamentals are too good.

Tokido vs. DSP isn't much of a grudge match. That's like Triple H vs. Koko B Ware or something. Everyone knows who's going to win.

I'm one of the guys who helps put on Final Round every year. Been doing it since Final Round 3. We are really excited to have a record number of people coming down to the ATL this year. I hope some of you guys will come join us. We always get it hype.

See you guys there.

iconoclast said:
Tokido vs. DSP isn't much of a grudge match. That's like Triple H vs. Koko B Ware or something. Everyone knows who's going to win.

Even DSP said that the only game they'd be competitive in would be ST.

_dementia said:
If the Tokido vs. DSP showdown really goes down, DSP is going to get bodied. Tokido is so good at so many games, even ones he hates like Blazblue (1st place at SCR lol). Tokido's fundamentals are too good.

Do you think Tokido will pick up MK9 just to try to take more money at EVO (if he goes).

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Do you think Tokido will pick up MK9 just to try to take more money at EVO (if he goes).

Tokido is a amazing player, but I don't think he or any other Japanese players can just pick up any game and dominate on a global level unless a lot of people are playing it over there. He can be competitive with just him and a few other guys, but he would need a lot more people including the most talented players to get on board so they can level up each other.

Shout outs to cencal's only rep this year, Mike Chow!!

Samurai and cynistar couldn't make it. But I guarantee chow will at least make top 16.

Good luck!

Satyamdas

Banned
Man, I wonder if the earthquake in Japan will affect Tokido at all. It's got to be hard to focus hard on a video game when you are halfway around the world from your home country which was just rocked by a natural disaster of biblical proportions. At the same time the game might prove to be a helpful distraction for a little while as I imagine he will be glued to the news.

Hopefully he can get in touch with his loved ones and they are OK, and maybe he can still manage to somehow have a good tourney.

Man I just read about that now. That's really too bad for him, hopefully he can get in touch with his friends and family quickly to find out whether they're ok or not. And hopefully he can still perform to the best of his abilities and have a lot of fun as well because anything he can win from FR should help at least a little bit when he gets back home.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JWong Vs Filipino Champ its gonna be bananas.
BA NA NAS

GeoNeo

I disagree.
My predictions...

SSFIV: Ricky (FChamp 1st if Ricky is not there Tokido 3rd)

Marvel: Wong (2nd Marn 3rd FChamp)

How many hours from now til it starts? :) Going to stay up.

alstein

Harada from Namco is supposed to be there as well. Namco got rocked pretty hard looking at Daishi's twitter feed though.

I'm kinda surprised to see no SNK- Shinblanka loves his old-school SNK.

BTW I think it costs $5 or $10 to spectate.

DryEyeRelief said:
Other big names not listed in the OP are Combofiend and Mike Ross.

How could I forget FlashMetroid. This is his territory. Marn is going to. It's going to be a big tournament.

_dementia said:
If Justin doesn't play.

Champ is worse than Dnyc3. So I'm not so sure about that.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
alstein said:

Shin said the other stream he is running will stream games other than Marvel or SF..So I'd expect maybe some SNK games on that stream if requested enough.

So sad that SNK has yet to even announce home port of the new KOF. Tsk. Tsk.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GeoNeo said:
Shin said the other stream he is running will stream games other than Marvel or SF..So I'd expect maybe some SNK games on that stream if requested enough.

So sad that SNK has yet to even announce home port of the new KOF. Tsk. Tsk.
Yeah.. MvC3 is out at least SNKP could show some console footage. Im not even asking a release date.
Osaka is fine so the SNKP HQ should be fine too. :3

alstein said:
Harada from Namco is supposed to be there as well. Namco got rocked pretty hard looking at Daishi's twitter feed though.

BTW I think it costs $5 or $10 to spectate.

Cool, thanks -- I might go Sat or Sun... I'd like to see JWong in action.

zon

Tokido will win SSF4, hopefully he perfects filipino chump once again. Ricky Ortiz will be second I think.

Justin Wong will take MVC3 without much trouble.

Top Bottom