• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor Open Beta Feb 9 - Feb 12

Sande

Apparently they buffed the shit out of Kensei.

He didn't feel particularly weak to me, but hey I'm not gonna complain when one of my favourite classes gets even better.

-Deimos

He didn't feel particularly weak to me, but hey I'm not gonna complain when one of my favourite classes gets even better.
He was definitely a weak character in the hands of newcomers, can't really say anything about experienced players since I rarely faced ones who used him.

In my defense, i didn't say "servers" either ?
on a more serious note, Sorry! :$

Ha, we're all going crazy waiting for the servers to go up.

TitusTroy

Unless they completely remove her bleed, it's still enough to get people salty.

If you're good at parrying and guard breaking, you can even taste the salt.

her bleed damage and range are what make her so unique...they can't (or shouldn't) nerf that

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hope they increase the sweet spot of her hidden stance... it's a little too hidden. About 50% of the time I'd just switch the weapon side instead of activating hidden stance. Way too finicky.

Especially compared to Conqueror and Warlord's hidden stances, which I hit 100% of the time. Wonder if it was a bug for Nobushi (PS4).

Ferrio

Banned
I hope they increase the sweet spot of her hidden stance... it's a little too hidden. About 50% of the time I'd just switch the weapon side instead of activating hidden stance. Way too finicky.

Especially compared to Conqueror and Warlord's hidden stances, which I hit 100% of the time. Wonder if it was a bug for Nobushi (PS4).

Never had that issue myself.

Attack indicator for Orochi's Storm Rush? I'm pretty sure I could tell which side he's coming from where he's holding his blade.

In any case the best moment to use SR is when the opponent is committed to a heavy attack so knowing where it's coming from does little lol.

Artdayne

Attack indicator for Orochi's Storm Rush? I'm pretty sure I could tell which side he's coming from where he's holding his blade.

In any case the best moment to use SR is when the opponent is committed to a heavy attack so knowing where it's coming from does little lol.

It's a very telegraphed attack, just made it easier for newbies who aren't familiar with it. It's meant to be used as a counter attack but a lot of people throw it out raw which makes it very easy to parry punish. haha

Archpath1

Warlord is very stamina hungry now, I was watching shorty, going into omni+ taking a hit drained half the stamina it was crazy
Headbutt didn't consume much anymore

My conqueror shall reign supreme!

Hoping ranked mode is minimum hud, no indicators, only looking at players stance,mmmmmmm hardcore

Omg they buffed the Kensei?! Time to make a permanent switch from Warden. The Warden, while better than the Kensei(at least before the buffs) was such a bore to play after awhile. The Kensei is so much more fun with all the feints he can do.

Artdayne

So how fast is game play? I've seen some Twitch streams and the combat seems slow to emphasize weight.

Assassins (Orochi, Peacekeeper, Berserker) and even someone like the Warden is pretty fast too. It's definitely a very weighty combat system but the assassins especially are quite mobile and attack quickly. One of my favorite things about the game is that I get to use a knight with a long sword and he doesn't play like he's swinging a 40 lbs weapon, his attacks are actually pretty quick.

Omg they buffed the Kensei?! Time to make a permanent switch from Warden. The Warden, while better than the Kensei(at least before the buffs) was such a bore to play after awhile. The Kensei is so much more fun with all the feints he can do.

Blasphemy! I plan on playing a lot of Kensei this open beta though since all progress will reset and I plan on maining Warden on release. Kensei might my third character or something.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
While I'm planning on maining peacekeeper, I think I may give the berseker class a shot this time.

Grisby

There's a fair few amount of lady classes that i can get into right? Also how big is the download size again for ps4?

Thanks fellas.

j0hnnix

Assassins (Orochi, Peacekeeper, Berserker) and even someone like the Warden is pretty fast too. It's definitely a very weighty combat system but the assassins especially are quite mobile and attack quickly. One of my favorite things about the game is that I get to use a knight with a long sword and he doesn't play like he's swinging a 40 lbs weapon, his attacks are actually pretty quick.

Interesting. Finally I can try this out and not just watch streams.

There's a fair few amount of lady classes that i can get into right? Also how big is the download size again for ps4?

Thanks fellas.
75% of the classes can be female. (6 can be either, 3 only male, 3 only female)

Client is...28 GB? Something around that if I remember correctly.

Remmy2112

I don't remember seeing any female characters during the beta.

Every faction has two classes that can alternate between male and female and then one class that is always male and one that is always female.

Knights allow Warden and Conquerer to be either while Peacekeepers are always female and Lawbringers always male.

Vikings allow Raiders and Berzerkers to be either while Valkyries are always female and Warlords always male.

Samurai allow Kensais and Orochis to be either while Nobushi are always female and Shugoki are always male.

Zeta Oni

Thanks fellas.

Several of the classes have the option of both male and female (Orochi for example, played as a female in the beta), and the rest are gender locked (Valkyrie for example).

Edit: Beaten

Archpath1

Its mosty the tick dmg from the bleed.
Kinda seemed like a death sentence on duels man.
I know its the players fault for not countering properly but if your dying more from bleeds than swords it becomes a problem

Vintage

I'm planning a lan party with a few friend this weekend, will definitely try this out. Too bad the Wildlands beta was last weekend, it would be a better game for coop.

Yui

Damn, i didnt think about that. Do you know if it's locked behind plus in the US? Thanks

I don't know, but I think the reason for the ps+ requirement is the game being rated 18+ over here.
So they have to lock it behind a service which basically requires you to be over 18 (laws and stuff).

If I remember correctly that has also been the case for one or two other beta/demo things in Germany, which weren't locked behind ps+ in other regions.
I could be completely wrong though.

Top Bottom