• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 review.

I think you have misunderstood what I have said, there is no game like Forza Horizon 4 on the PS4 that equals it, not that there is no good games on PS4. if you look at my past posts you will see that I have praised many PS4 games even though I own an Xbox.

I think you misunderstood. The member implied there were no good games on PS4 that are the same as FH4, not that the system has no good games or games that sell consoles. Let's roll back the system wars a little here. There are threads much better suited for those discussions than this one.

If he implied STRICTLY to racing genre, fine. Nothing wrong with it.

Now you are just looking silly, i said there is no game like it on PS4, you brought spiderman up. Is spiderman like FH4?

First and foremost YOU brought up PS4 for no reason in thread about game for Xbox/PC.

Spider-man is pretty much different than FH4? Of course it is, one is 3rd person action adventure, other is racing game. Spider-man as good as FH4? Yes! Spider-man is a system seller? Yes!

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
First and foremost YOU brought up PS4 for no reason in thread about game for Xbox/PC.

Spider-man like FH4 in genre? No! Spider-man as good as FH4? Yes! System seller? Yes!

I said this game could sell Xboxs as there is no game similar on PS4. you are the one who misread it to push your own agenda

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
Let it go please guys and get back on topic. Continuing down this path will see you both removed from the thread.

<offtopic>While I agree with the sentiment, I also do wish there were no threads suited for those discussions...</offtopic>

I can understand this perspective, but there are many who do wish to discuss such things and enjoy console wars. Providing a space for that is the best way to keep other discussions free from it, and allows those who dislike it to avoid the relevant threads.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to play it but by the looks of it I'd have to use the Windows Store and thats... shitty. Also, no VR (correct me if I'm wrong).

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Let it go please guys and get back on topic. Continuing down this path will see you both removed from the thread.

I can understand this perspective, but there are many who do wish to discuss such things and enjoy console wars. Providing a space for that is the best way to keep other discussions free from it, and allows those who dislike it to avoid the relevant threads.

Hi I was only pointing out a positive of the game and how it could help sell Xboxs. I am Very positive about the game and as I said earlier cannot wait to play it

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

Spider-man is pretty much different than FH4? Of course it is, one is 3rd person action adventure, other is racing game. Spider-man as good as FH4? Yes! Spider-man is a system seller? Yes!
^^Smh...fuck sakes.

undying99

Neo Member
It started with 360P when I started to watch, could it be related with the upload speed while the video was being uploaded?

aEku

Because more and more of us are gaming on 144 hz monitors and having that option would be nice.

Once you game at a solid 144 hz or higher its really hard to eve go back to 60 hz.

But some people just do not "feel" much difference between 60 and 144 but the difference is huge to me.
seriously, consoles will not come this way the next 10 years. just get a silentpc attached to your "tv" ;-).

Acidizer

Banned
Would LOVE to play this but only have a PS4, especially after the NFS series taking a spectacular nose dive with the latest game... how about some cross-play where it counts MS? More than happy to buy the disc if you make it work on the PS4 ;)

thelastword

Banned
current MC score is 92 with 46 reviews, expected and well earned, in my opinion it deserves at least 95MC

i don't like Racing games but forza horizon is something else, all the racing games i played before FH (not counting Crash and Mario) i used to play like 1 hour maximum a day and then drop the game in 3 days, but with Forza Horizon games i play at least 6 hours a day for like 2 months, that's how good Forza horizon is, you're gonna love it even if you don't like racing games

i wish this game would get the praise and hype it deserves, it's an underrated masterpiece, maybe with the next Xbox when things change and the hate towards Xbox changes, maybe then Forza Horizon would get recognized as one of the best games ever made and by far the best racing game EVER
How do you know it deserves 95, when you have not played as much content as the reviewers........The final score is based on an aggregate and if you want no weighted system, there's open critic. You're asking an aggregate to be upshot based on a conspiracy theory that XBOX games are marked down. I've seen that argument from you and another poster quite often, I think it's Thiagos or Flashfire....You have to understand, a review is one man's opinion of a game. If you think it's 100, then it's 100 to you.....That's all there is to it, if other games are getting higher aggregates, it just means a higher number of reviewers felt a certain way about said game....

The fact that a racing game got 92 is pretty good in 2018, and it's not like FH3 is far off, I think the general expectation was it's current score which is a +1 from FH3, matching FH3 or being slightly less...like 90 or 89.....Either way, none of these scores deters on your enjoyment of the game, if you feel so strongly about it that is...

If anything, I think MC does not hold any particular bias. If you make the grade where your reviews can be posted there, that's it...

Zx9tODp.jpg

Most of the 100% scores are from these outlets, but it doesn't matter, they made the grade to get into MC and that's it...So I don't see the bias...

Game Pass to be purchased to play this game. I'm glad to see it reviewing so well.
I may use a month of gamepass to put it through it's paces as well.....Yet, Phil said that gamepass extends the sales of these games at retail and that has not been proven to be true......GP games usually chart the first month or two and then disappear thereafter....So we shall see what happens here with Horizon 4, which has reviews on it's side unlike the prior gamepass games...so that should help.....

Last edited:

Allandor

edit:

sry… that was forza 3 ^^

But can't wait to play that game. The demo was superb. The reviews seems to be really good. Snow without a DLC ... that's the perfect game for me.

Now what about DLCs ^^

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
forza horizon 4 deserves nothing lower then a 10
the perfect racing game this gen.

they finally did it.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
The Windows Store is fast per mb/sec. I think maybe people have more of a hard time trying to get the actual app to work in order to be able to purchase/play on the PC, so they give up. I had a hell of a time getting the thing to work, especially on an older PC. The actual "app" for the Xbox system which came packaged with first generation Windows 10 distribution, needs to be updated and the best way to do that is by uninstalling it then reinstalling it with a fresh copy. In order to reinstall the XBox app you pretty much have to run a Powershell command to do it properly because there's no option to uninstall it; the box is greyed out. Of which, the remedy can be found on a Google search. It's a fiasco but in the end once you get it worked out it's quite useful. Speeds are faster than Steam per downloading. Games boot up rather quickly, run great, and power down/exit almost instantaneously.

I have purchased Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves on the Windows 10 Store/Xbox PC app and everything works. Also, you get copies of them on your XB1X which is a huge bonus. Gow4 and FH4 are incredible.

Catphish

The Windows Store is fast per mb/sec. I think maybe people have more of a hard time trying to get the actual app to work in order to be able to purchase/play on the PC, so they give up. I had a hell of a time getting the thing to work, especially on an older PC. The actual "app" for the Xbox system which came packaged with first generation Windows 10 distribution, needs to be updated and the best way to do that is by uninstalling it then reinstalling it with a fresh copy. In order to reinstall the XBox app you pretty much have to run a Powershell command to do it properly because there's no option to uninstall it; the box is greyed out. Of which, the remedy can be found on a Google search. It's a fiasco but in the end once you get it worked out it's quite useful. Speeds are faster than Steam per downloading. Games boot up rather quickly, run great, and power down/exit almost instantaneously.

I have purchased Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves on the Windows 10 Store/Xbox PC app and everything works. Also, you get copies of them on your XB1X which is a huge bonus. Gow4 and FH4 are incredible.
No issues here, and I'm pulling about 100 Mb/s.

Kagey K

Banned
Couldn't wait and got the ultimate edition.

It. Is. Beautiful.

Oh my god.

Yeah I have Gamepass and was trying to wait until Tues, but when I looked and saw what all the addons cost for H3, I decided I wasn’t going to save much money by waiting and buying them all separate so I went all in on the Ultimate Edition.

Glad I did, it’s been a ton of fun so far.

YayNJ

Banned
Yeah I have Gamepass and was trying to wait until Tues, but when I looked and saw what all the addons cost for H3, I decided I wasn’t going to save much money by waiting and buying them all separate so I went all in on the Ultimate Edition.

Glad I did, it’s been a ton of fun so far.

I'm in the same boat. I had no reservations on dropping the £££ on a game I could have got for 'free' a few days later. If that isn't a testament to how bloody good this series is, I don't know what is. I can't wait to see what Playground come up with next outside of Forza!

Catphish

I'm seeing car pop-in, and I don't like it. I have everything maxxed, and the game looks phenomenal, but I'm seeing cars magically appear on the road ahead of me, usually civ traffic vehicles, and it's pissing me off. I don't ever remember seeing this in any other FH game.

I'm seeing car pop-in, and I don't like it. I have everything maxxed, and the game looks phenomenal, but I'm seeing cars magically appear on the road ahead of me, usually civ traffic vehicles, and it's pissing me off. I don't ever remember seeing this in any other FH game.
I'm not encountering this on Xbox One X or my PC.

:messenger_neutral:

Skyr

Having a blast with it on PC.
CPU issues are finally gone after Horizon 3 and Forza 7. Runs like an absolute dream.

crBDm9Qt_o.jpg

Vtecomega

Banned
I just bought an xbox x for halo and I was about to buy Forza Horizon 4 until I heard the god fucking awful car sounds.

People who gave this game anything more than a 7 are a bunch of casuals that don't know a single thing a bout cars, and thats absolutely fine, but to any car enthusiast it is instantly a turn off when an rb26 sounds like a bmw m3. An absolute disgrace and lazy effort.

And....to make matters worse, literally every single car in the game sounds absolutely awful. The audi RS6, the bmw m3, the R34 gtr, the porsche GT3 RS...utter garbage.

I am a car guy at heart, I have no bias here. I WANT a good car game, but I simple cant fathom anyone enjoy driving car that sounds like a blender.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I just bought an xbox x for halo and I was about to buy Forza Horizon 4 until I heard the god fucking awful car sounds.

People who gave this game anything more than a 7 are a bunch of casuals that don't know a single thing a bout cars, and thats absolutely fine, but to any car enthusiast it is instantly a turn off when an rb26 sounds like a bmw m3. An absolute disgrace and lazy effort.

And....to make matters worse, literally every single car in the game sounds absolutely awful. The audi RS6, the bmw m3, the R34 gtr, the porsche GT3 RS...utter garbage.

I am a car guy at heart, I have no bias here. I WANT a good car game, but I simple cant fathom anyone enjoy driving car that sounds like a blender.

Tell me how you really feel.

Maybe give Motorsport a try.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

There is no game with perfect cars sounds. Just because "SOME" cars doesn't sound right doesn't mean that they where lazy or the game is bad. This is a open world arcade racer, the sounds are still top 5 in todays standards. You are exaggerating it, just because some of the cars don't sound like the real thing doesn't mean that this game doesn't deserve the score it got. Did you test al the cars, did you hear all of them in real life? you say all the cars sound bad while there are video where PG are recording the cars with 40 hd mics in and out. So saying that all the cars sound bad or that the game doesn't deserve more than 7 is really disrespectful to the dev.

Pantz

Three complaints:
- Avatar characters could look better. The eyes being the worst part. Most of the story NPC's look better than yours.
- Could use some more music tracks per station. Feels like it's coming just under the minimum of what it needs.
- Wish houses did a bit more. It would be nice to have garages where you could display your favorite cars like you could in PGR games.

Other than that I'm lovin it and can't stop playing.

Catphish

How's the windows version? Really want to try the FH series.
It's stunning. Truly. My only complaint is the traffic pop-in, but you don't see it all the time (because the varying terrain hides it), and it's not so close that it causes problems. It just kills the immersion a bit for me. Hopefully, enough people notice it where the devs can address it.

But other than that, it's a work of art. Jump in.

YayNJ

Banned

I'm calling you out.

YayNJ

Banned
Some morons have given it a zero on meta critic. There's some Terribly sad people with very empty lives out there.

Kagey K

Banned
I hope so :)

I can make a NeoGAF club. Since it allows 2000 ppl I’d leave it open and get rid of riff raf and such as needed. I’d like permission from the higher ups rather then just assuming I can on my own.

Some morons have given it a zero on meta critic. There's some Terribly sad people with very empty lives out there.

It’s the same with any exclusive, not really worth mentioning.

Last edited:

They record the car sounds from the real cars. They attach a mic to them and record the audio while driving on an airstrip. That’s what the cars actually sound like. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Kagey K

Banned
What I really want is a 6 vs 6 group so we can try the rivals stuff.

I’ve already got 2 consistent players but if we had 12 or 13 there could almost always be consistent 6s running together.

Are you running the game through your TV speakers? I had to turn my sub down -3db because when I use the Charger it was shaking my walls. With surround sound when something with a loud exhaust passes me I get a gnarly snort or a loud rasp as they go by dependant on the car. I've been pretty impressed so far to be honest, I'm hard pressed to come up with a game that does them better. I have just about every driving game that's been made since Rad Racer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom