• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

For someone like me who might be interested in purchasing a racing wheel... are there any wheels that would work for both 360 and PS3? And if so (and if not) what wheel do you recommend?

p3tran

Banned
Brandon F said:
Nah, I just meant a warning saying "Hey this car is a D car you turned into an S stupid! Throwing money at it isn't going to help you beat these Lambo's!" ....But it may cream other D-class Mini's!

hey, I object here! :D

I wanted exactly this challenge for myself in F2, and I succeded. big time!

..rather late dlc was the 1980 Renault 5 Gt Turbo, an old favorite of mine, D class.

what I did is create succesfull (like top leaderboard time succesfull) race versions for D-C-B-A-S classes. i.e. for ALL classes. :)

I released *C-king*, *B-king*, *A-king* for multiple people and offer to very limited people the S-king and D-king.
All cars where best on their class for their trackset. really leaderboard top! check out the *links* above

the_king1.jpg

good times! 8)

can't wait!!

erahk64

MisterAnderson said:
For someone like me who might be interested in purchasing a racing wheel... are there any wheels that would work for both 360 and PS3? And if so (and if not) what wheel do you recommend?

You can find wheel options in OP.
The Fanatec wheel works on XBOX360/PS3/PC.
The wheel is the best wheel available for PS3/XBOX360 according
to previews and beta wheel reviews.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
erahk64 said:
You can find wheel options in OP.
The Fanatec wheel works on XBOX360/PS3/PC.
The wheel is the best wheel available for PS3/XBOX360 according
to previews and beta wheel reviews.
It's also the only wheel available that's compatible with both consoles, so it's best by default. ;P

But yeah, it doesn't hurt that the wheel's supposed to be really good regardless.

Damn the prices look so high on those wheels that I might as well get the 360 exclusive one and a separate PS3 one...

I'll look into trying to find it cheaper though.

Magni

cjelly said:
Wow, congrats.

Think I'm up to about level 38, still have quite a few events go, but the tedium is beginning to set in.

I can only go around dreary old Silverstone so many times before I want to commit suicide. :lol

Pretty sure the whole point of tuning and upgrades is to try stuff out... I see what you're saying, but disagree.

I took a Focus up to A Class in FM2, drives like a dream, took it a step further up to an S, shit was completely unusable. Brakes were nowhere near good enough, and skidded all over the shop. Took her back to an A class and she's a beaut.

Yeah Silverstone was dreary in FM2.

I'm 100%ing FM2 again, well trying, with school and all.. I lost my old campaign 100% campaign/EU cars when I switched hard drives, and started it again this summer. I got 100% US cars, and am two JP cars away from 100% JP cars (just need to win two enduros..). But after that I'll need to re-buy all the EU cars, before the 24th.. I'll only be missing the 1,000,000 achievement then, but I won't try to get those 30 GS before FM3 :lol

XiaNaphryz

MisterAnderson said:
Damn the prices look so high on those wheels that I might as well get the 360 exclusive one and a separate PS3 one...

I'll look into trying to find it cheaper though.
Well, the best wheels available for the PS3 are going to be similarly priced with the Fanatec stuff, but you do have cheaper options as well that are really good like the G25 if its on a sale price. Depending on the two wheels you get, you might end up spending near the price of the Fanatec anyway.

p3tran said:

..rather late dlc was the 1980 Renault 5 Gt Turbo, an old favorite of mine, D class.

what I did is create succesfull (like top leaderboard time succesfull) race versions for D-C-B-A-S classes. i.e. for ALL classes. :)

I released *C-king*, *B-king*, *A-king* for multiple people and offer to very limited people the S-king and D-king.
All cars where best on their class for their trackset. really leaderboard top! check out the *links* above

the_king1.jpg

good times! 8)

can't wait!!

If you do something like this again for F3, put me on the waiting list p3tran, I'll have money waiting.

mclaren777

Fender_Uk said:
the F1 GTR (stock) in forza 2 that was much slower then it should have been, around 230mph IRL and in forza 2 just above 200mph
200-210mph actually sounds rather fast even for a trimmed-out GTR. You've gotta remember that the added downforce kills the vMax compared to the standard F1. In fact, your average GTR probably wasn't even hitting 190mph in typical race trim due to drag and gearing.

dejay

Banned
sportzhead said:
If you do something like this again for F3, put me on the waiting list p3tran, I'll have money waiting.

There won't have to a be a waiting list - he can put the tuning setup on the market place and he can sell as many as he wants - no need for the Auction house.

hgplayer1

starting to get anxious for F3 here. decided to try to finish career in F2.

12oct0901.jpg

guess I was a little excited on lap 1 you think? :D

AMUSIX

KHarvey16 said:
Square Triangle said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but G4/ X-Play gave it a 5 out of 5.

They did also give NFS: Shift a 5/5 though too, I hate their scaling system.
Great score, but his thoughts on the AI almost make it seem like he played a different game. His cons at the top includes "AI Still Races Perfect Line." This is in pretty stark contradiction to every other review I've read in addition to my own experience.
I don't want to reveal anything I shouldn't here...but concerning this, I'll just say that, in this case, it's best to wait for the televised/video review.

still a 5/5

AMUSIX

hgplayer1 said:
starting to get anxious for F3 here. decided to try to finish career in F2.

12oct0901.jpg

guess I was a little excited on lap 1 you think? :D
Hmmm, looks right to me...then you tag the wall with your rear quarter panel, whipping your car around to the right, and slide your way back to the track....done it a million times

KHarvey16

AMUSIX said:
I don't want to reveal anything I shouldn't here...but concerning this, I'll just say that, in this case, it's best to wait for the televised/video review.

still a 5/5

No idea what that means, but I'll look forward to it :). Mysterious!

hgplayer1

AMUSIX said:
Hmmm, looks right to me...then you tag the wall with your rear quarter panel, whipping your car around to the right, and slide your way back to the track....done it a million times

actually I totally saved that and glided down to the pavement without hitting anything. wasnt going THAT fast!

but yeah I know what youre saying. done it a million times too

Jube3

3 Team BLKJK guys and 3 VVV are racing it up now.
The race is a little warpy because im streaming and in the room at the same time and theres a lot of people in the room. So my bad for that.

www.justin.tv/jube3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HOLY SHIT @ JUBE's Supra. Hot DAMN. Stream is good stuff man, if your checking GAF, show the Enzo model!

voodoo

Neo Member
p3tran said:

the_king1.jpg

good times! 8)

can't wait!!
Heh, I had the number one time in one of those in A class on maple short reverse at some point. I haven't checked in months so I don't know where it stands right now :)

The problem is you guys are trying to make an S class out of a FWD. It'll probably never happen. Swap a RWD or AWD in there and it can be done (in some cars at least).

Jube3

enzo_gt said:
HOLY SHIT @ JUBE's Supra. Hot DAMN. Stream is good stuff man, if your checking GAF, show the Enzo model!

If you're still watching did you see the 1250 HP bugatti? God damn... 250mph lol

Theyre gonna be doing online drag racing now.

Fred, a.k.a. phREDESIGN.

Yea hes got a few hot girl cars up there too, guys got skills.

BenjaminBirdie said:
HOLY SHIT Jub3's painting Eddie fuckin' Riggs this is AMAZING!!

Thanks :D, it will be a while before that ones done. Im debating on what to put it on, a trans am or a supercab.

XiaNaphryz

For those of you who've ordered a Fanatec - have you checked your order history recently? I just happened to look at it right now and I noticed my wheel order has changed at some point from Pending to Delivered - which isn't right at all, as the only part of the order that got delivered was the wheel stand. Just a website glitch, or should I try to follow up?

abrasion

Banned
user_nat said:
I don't think I have ever gone around that corner without going off.

Is that lugana seca, before the hill? I hate that turn, I always over estimate or under, very rarely do I get that one right.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I have only one question before I even think of buying this game. Can I steer with the d pad and accelerate with the A button.

Was your lasting racing game purchase Ridge Racer 1 on the PS1?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
soujiro_seta said:
who did this?

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9357/vlcsnap2009101219h06m47.png[img]

[img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2408/vlcsnap2009101219h16m05.png[img][/QUOTE]
I don't understand how that is possible.

Really.

p3tran

Banned
voodoo said:
Heh, I had the number one time in one of those in A class on maple short reverse at some point. I haven't checked in months so I don't know where it stands right now :)

hey voodoo!

I create killer cars, but you must be a killer driver, too 8)

Cheers!

in other news,

Jube's tv channel yesterday (or like 6 hours ago, depending on which side of this planet you are :) )
was ALL the money!!

other than Jube doing everything to please everyone (thanks again man, you rock!),
live action blackjack guys, vvv guys, nice tandems, some "fujimi video ad" level stuff on the fly, nice modded cars (the whine of that cayenne with that carrera gt motor is still in my head lol), big audience 8)

great community! great game! that's all I got to say 8)

can't wait!!!

Jube3

p3tran said:
hey voodoo!

Jube's tv channel yesterday (or like 6 hours ago, depending on which side of this planet you are :) )
was ALL the money!!

other than Jube doing everything to please everyone (thanks again man, you rock!),
live action blackjack guys, vvv guys, nice tandems, some "fujimi video ad" level stuff on the fly, nice modded cars (the whine of that cayenne with that carrera gt motor is still in my head lol), big audience 8)

great community! great game! that's all I got to say 8)

can't wait!!!

Yea what an awesome night, I picked up an 84 supra P3tran, im gonna drop the 98 engine in that bad boy and soup it up. I want to see how bad ass I can get it while keeping it drivable lol.

BTW everyone should check out this awesome rollover from one of the BLKJK guys, he rolled this range rover hard. So awesome, quality is crap though,
http://www.justin.tv/clip/8805b298acd14f45

Shawsie64

Banned
Jube3 said:
Yea what an awesome night, I picked up an 84 supra P3tran, im gonna drop the 98 engine in that bad boy and soup it up. I want to see how bad ass I can get it while keeping it drivable lol.

BTW everyone should check out this awesome rollover from one of the BLKJK guys, he rolled this range rover hard. So awesome, quality is crap though,
http://www.justin.tv/clip/8805b298acd14f45

:lol

awesome rollover

chico

to all soon to be Fanatec owners... our wait is almost over.

UPDATE 7

We finally started production and everything goes smoothly! All the units which will be shipped by airfreight and UPS will be done by tomorrow and so we can arrange immediate shipment. Only the wheels will be shipped from China. In case you ordered other items like Shifter Set or Clubsport pedals we will ship them from our warehouses so that they arrive in time.

Jube3

chico said:
to all soon to be Fanatec owners... our wait is almost over.

UPDATE 7

We finally started production and everything goes smoothly! All the units which will be shipped by airfreight and UPS will be done by tomorrow and so we can arrange immediate shipment. Only the wheels will be shipped from China. In case you ordered other items like Shifter Set or Clubsport pedals we will ship them from our warehouses so that they arrive in time.

Damn my goal is to first get that playseat and then get the wheel. I wonder how hard getting one in a month or two is gonna be.

BTW dropped 140,000 into the 84 Supra, got it the 98 supra engine in there, tons of upgrades. its sick looking. Its now an S class car :lol

op_ivy said:
the way i looked at it was the fact that once i bit the bullet and got a stand (i opted for the fanatec one) i would actually use my wheel much more often. i have had the ms wheel since it launched but only very rarely used it for any of my racing games (forza 2 and pgr 3 = rarely, pgr4 and dirt = never!). the reason? it was just a huge pain in the ass to pull out, set up, and use, then put it all away again when i was done. if i planned to play for several hours on live or through single player, MAYBE i'd put up with that, but usually i'd jump in each game for a quick session instead (less then one hour) and use a pad. now, i can set it up on the stand and quickly and easily set it up and put it away when done, and use it nearly every time i fire up a racer. well worth the $$$ IMO.

The stand is probably the best accessories I got this year. Prior to this my MS wheel pretty much just sat in the closet because it was such a pain to drag it out, then move my table so I can mount it. Now it nest on Fanatec Stand leaning against the wall next to my game shelf and Mrs. have no problem with it being out since it's not longer being left in the middle of our movie room.

Jube3

Ok this 84 supra has some cojones on it the size of bowling balls now. The problem? Turning the car while hitting the gas AND OR hitting redline causes me to spin out. Any tuners here that can help me out with that? I LOVE the car, its fast as all hell and its gorgeous (all black, black tint windows, chrome rims big on back small on front).

saladine1

Jube3 said:
Ok this 84 supra has some cojones on it the size of bowling balls now. The problem? Turning the car while hitting the gas AND OR hitting redline causes me to spin out. Any tuners here that can help me out with that? I LOVE the car, its fast as all hell and its gorgeous (all black, black tint windows, chrome rims big on back small on front).

The solution is more power!

Pepto

Banned
Jube3 said:
More grip less power?

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:

ok, first of all, with these kind of cars you care to make smooth movements, brake early for turn entry, get out sooner and use the exit to accumulate speed. clean racing lines and use all the width of the road.
have to be gentle on the gas and the brakes. if you are getting too much wheelspin, go to gear ratio and adjust the gears to be longer, add downforce and lower the thing.
these are easy things to do to improve handling.
after this, you have to check the suspension and diff.

I wish I could say "hey jube, sent it over to help you tune it" but I still have some days in front of me before I can say that :)

kind of bad ass that jubemobile is... :)

jubemobile929.jpg

Chrange

Banned
Jube3 said:

Throw a huge wing on the back of it along with a lot of manufacturers stickers for various parts not actually found in the car!

Jube3

p3tran said:
ok, first of all, with these kind of cars you care to make smooth movements, brake early for turn entry, get out sooner and use the exit to accumulate speed. clean racing lines and use all the width of the road.
have to be gentle on the gas and the brakes. if you are getting too much wheelspin, go to gear ratio and adjust the gears to be longer, add downforce and lower the thing.
these are easy things to do to improve handling.
after this, you have to check the suspension and diff.

kind of bad ass that jubemobile is... :)

Thanks! Ill do those things tommorow night.

Chrange said:
Throw a huge wing on the back of it along with a lot of manufacturers stickers for various parts not actually found in the car!

Bazinga! I didnt rice it up! lol

I took a capture of it on my car p3tran, not the best quality but..there she is lol.
84supra.png

Top Bottom