• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

roytheone

yeah, election end game should probably be avoided, regardless of how tense it is for everyone involved

Election endgame was great to witness for me! Having no stake in the game and being able to just sit back and watch you guys freak out over every single thing that happened was amazing!

Sorian

Banned
yeah, election end game should probably be avoided, regardless of how tense it is for everyone involved

I see nothing wrong with how election turned out other than me losing. If that's the rules going in then there is no issue, it's a reward for scum doing such a good job of getting two of their members to end game. It's important to keep in mind how your roles will interact with the pacing of the game though. Election is a grand example of when Kark math would probably have been the better choice just because scum was such an offensive force and deaths were expected to be plentiful each night phase. That being said though, regular majority was not a wrong decision and it just rewarded scum for getting multiple players to the last day which is fine, they deserved the reward.

That being said, Blarg needs to pay attention to the power of his vote in the future :p

Sorian

Banned
I gave you guys plenty of hints:

• Can prevent a night death
  • Is named after Swamped
  • Flavor text reffers to a failed gambit of hers

While your power is fairly common, the stipulation you had attached to it was funny (though not completely new to Gafia) so it's understandable that people have found you both suspicious and confusing.

While your power is fairly common, the stipulation you had attached to it was funny (though not completely new to Gafia) so it's understandable that people have found you both suspicious and confusing.

Yeah that was annoying as fuck once I decided to try and bait with it...

Coppanuva

Hopefully it doesn't take that long anymore, I need to go to bed in about an hour :(

I am kind of curious what the person I got as a role thought about launch making him an ordinary :)

Let's see if Launchpad obeys a similar summoning mechanism to Blargonaut:

Land: LaunchPadMcQ

DAY 7 ENDS

Launchpad was having a strange day. For one, this GAFIA meet-up had been a complete mess. Launch wanted tacos, not to moderate another game. Then, the players tried to put ghost peppers in his taco. And now he was a duck. QUACK QUACK QUACK. As he contemplated his situation and ate some of czartim's taco (he had never got to eating any of it), launch let the players decide who to remove.

"IT'S DEFINITELY SAWNEEKS"
"NO, look at roytheone's votes the past couple of days and how they correlate to terrabyte's invites in terms of their timings"
"Just look at Matt Attack guys"
"Matt Attack is dead"

The arguments kept going back and forth. This easily had to be the craziest day yet. But slowly, the players vegan to converge on StarSketch, the worthless scum player she was. After having deciding on they decided on their lynch, the players moved in for the kill.

But it was too late. StarSketch gradually had become more and more agitated throughout the day, and as they came towards Hershey finally snapped.

"FUCK. I knew I shouldn't have played this dumb ass game. You're all fucking useless when it comes to this game. I'm done with this game."

It was none other than the dreaded voice of Darryl himself. He suddenly grabbed his remaining stash of ghost peppers and ate all the peppers inside.

"Oof, I don't feel too good"

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are Swamped, the Bulletproof!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You tried to pull that bulletproof claim in Danganronpa, and it almost succeeded too! For that, you’ll get a legit bulletproof status in this game.

You will survive one night “kill” if targeted, as you have a high-tolerance for spicy foods. However, the one caveat is that you can never claim you’re bulletproof, because then the scum will just add more hot sauce you dork. GAF has a habit of claiming this and it never turns out to be true. So, remember, if someone else claims bulletproof, you can’t even refute it.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Err...
Think I screwed that up

oh yeah, nothing interesting happened, Swamped gets kicked out of the restaurant, you guys still killed all my favorites, and Launchpad is a duck.

You are Darryl, the Framer!

You are aligned with GAF Scum. You win when scum holds a majority of the votes.

Somehow, you’ve managed to slither through to the end of not one, but two, mafia games as scum. You’re a crafty bastard. Using your “hit-and-run” method of arguing, you’re pretty good at throwing blame on other people.

Once per night, you can visit a player by sending me the command FRAME: <player name>. By doing so, any investigations done on the target player will read the reverse of what they actually are, ex. scum will read as town, town will read as scum. The effect wears off when the night phase ends. You cannot use this ability if you are assigned to perform the kill for your team.

As a member of GAF scum, you and your allies will discuss what action to carry out at night. You dirtbags decided to bring a hot sauce with a high concentration of ghost peppers to eliminate the competition. Once per night, you can choose a player to target with this hot sauce, then one of your members will plant it on the target player’s tacos. The player assigned to carry out the deed needs to PM me with the command KILL: <player name>. Barring interference from other roles, that player will be unable to continue playing and the circumstances will be announced at the beginning of the following day phase. This uses up your “kill” for the night.  

GAF Town HAS WON!!!

Swamped

Banned

You are Swamped, the Bulletproof!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You tried to pull that bulletproof claim in Danganronpa, and it almost succeeded too! For that, you’ll get a legit bulletproof status in this game.

You will survive one night “kill” if targeted, as you have a high-tolerance for spicy foods. However, the one caveat is that you can never claim you’re bulletproof, because then the scum will just add more hot sauce you dork. GAF has a habit of claiming this and it never turns out to be true. So, remember, if someone else claims bulletproof, you can’t even refute it.

...This makes me so happy! Almost makes up for the scum loss :D
And I do like my spicy food, that part is totally accurate.

Remaining players/roles:

GreatCharleston:
You are Crab, the Cop!
You’re pretty sure you’re better at mafia than these chucklefucks, so your reads are the best reads in the community by default.
Once per night phase, you can target a player using the command INVESTIGATE: <player name>. You will receive the person’s alignment in a report. Simple as that.

Sawneeks:
You are YesNOnoNOYes, an Ordinary!
You don’t have a power role, unfortunately. I mean, when is GAF going to learn to play those role madness games, right? Make everyone feel special? I know you agree with me. I’m sure you wish you were a 15-shot vig that could remove every other player in the game. That’d be an awesome role. Anyway, until then… yeah, you’re ordinary. If you’d like, just for fun, you could use that player’s character quirks. But that’s up to you. But it’d be fun. Just saying.
Your one power is the power to vote… but you know you guys are going to fuck that up too. I mean, this is GAF and you’re on town. I mean, lol, amirite? Ok, I’ll stop negging you.

Roytheone:
You are Ourobolols, an Ordinary!
You don’t have a power role, unfortunately. I mean, when is GAF going to learn to play those role madness games, right? Make everyone feel special? I know you agree with me. I’m sure you wish you were a 15-shot vig that could remove every other player in the game. That’d be an awesome role. Anyway, until then… yeah, you’re ordinary. If you’d like, just for fun, you could use that player’s character quirks. But that’s up to you. But it’d be fun. Just saying.
Your one power is the power to vote… but you know you guys are going to fuck that up too. I mean, this is GAF and you’re on town. I mean, lol, amirite? Ok, I’ll stop negging you.

squidyj

Oh yeah, duh! I even said so in this very game thread! Memory loss...

It's spelled squshy? sqigy? squabby?

Also, ignore everything I said about you in the scum chat. I really like you a lot!

I can tell! but what was it you found so funny? or what you thought I was doing?

Sorian

Banned
"In a "Sorian" is a role name sort of way or what?

Sounds interesting, I'll try my best to significantly help out with it"

Awww, you're so sweet Hyper. Thinking of me first ^_^

Top Bottom