• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

My saves:

Night One: Myself. Certainly not one of you chucklefucks. Saved Town from some major confusion in the process.

Night Two: Ouro. But Ouro thought I was scum because I was defending Retro, then Retro flipped not scum and Ouro...still thought I was scum? So he blocked me.

Night Three: Charleston, obviously. But somebody else targeted Charleston that night. Justice came swiftly for him.

I had one more because of the block. No idea who I would have used it on.

Also, and this was never talked about in the game thread, at the end of Day One the four votes on me were the entire scum team. I was going absolutely crazy in the dead thread once I realized it.

Voting record, Town. It is the strongest tool we have. Use it!

Coppanuva

My saves:

Night One: Myself. Certainly not one of you chucklefucks. Saved Town from some major confusion in the process.

Night Two: Ouro. But Ouro thought I was scum because I was defending Retro, then Retro flipped not scum and Ouro...still thought I was scum? So he blocked me.

Night Three: Charleston, obviously. But somebody else targeted Charleston that night. Justice came swiftly for him.

I had one more because of the block. No idea who I would have used it on.

J-j-justice?! I was trying to kill a mafia with that! It would've worked too if they had targeted him instead... Would've been a blaze of glory

Swamped

Banned
I can tell! but what was it you found so funny? or what you thought I was doing?

It's inexplicable. Your posts just crack me up.

Dead thread was really cute. Ynnny makes it so fun to read through!

I saw someone ask why we didn't just tailor and kill GC in the same night. I actually had briefly considered that, but we only had 24h to think things through and come up with an appropriate PM for that.

I do wish we could have used the PM power successfully though. Bad luck on our part.

At least I managed to frame someone!

Sawneeks

Banned
Just finished reading through the scum chat and I love all of those fake role PMs you guys made up. Part of me kind of wishes they would have worked only because of the chaos it would have made. You guys probably would have won if any of those had worked out.

Also, right at the end there with Terra claiming Protector and Swamped claiming Cop...I almost believed you both. There was a moment about 20 minutes before the deadline where I started to really doubt lynching Terra and started to worry this would end up as Dangan 2.0 with another last-minute mislynch. In the end I went with my gut but I was SUPER close to backing off.

Swamped

Banned
oh god I really almost ruined things at the end there

Nooooo don't think like that! Just play the way you want :)

Also, things always look super obvious in hindsight/from the dead thread, but it's much harder to make decisions when you're actually participating in the game.

No I mean the vote for GCthat came in too late because I wasn't watching the thread

I probably wouldn't have voted if I had seen Terra's giant post

Here are some lies I told. Being a Doctor is stressful, especially in this community!

I am. My behavior yesterday was no accident. I was intentionally painting a target on my back, in hopes of drawing out some scum going for an easy lynch. It was a risky move, I know, but my death wouldn't have been a great loss, so I figured I'd go for a weird play while I still had the chance.

Lie. My scummy behavior on Day One was me trying to avoid a night kill by making myself suspicious. Then I was in the Thunderdome with some actual scum, so I figured I was mostly cleared and scum would want me out. Good thing I was able to do something about it!

I did realize afterward that there were definitely some scum votes on me (I never imagined it was ALL THE SCUM), so I massaged my motives a bit. Also, a hint that I definitely don't have an important role.

It's hard to say without knowing what they wanted to accomplish. They could have gone after you or roy to cut us off at the knees, or somebody nobody's been talking about to give us nothing the next day.

Ouro asked who we think the Mafia targeted on Night One. I had to pretend I had no idea whatsoever.

There are all kinds of possible explanations for what (didn't) happen last night. One piece of data is not enough to go lynching somebody in lieu of a person who has exhibited demonstrably suspicious behavior, in full sight of everybody.

I'm not against lynching Retro altogether, I just think one night of incomplete data isn't enough to be making decisions with. Launchpad said when we signed up that this probably isn't a terribly balanced game, so we can't even begin to imagine what went down after only seeing two flips.

The case against Flush is purely based on what we all have in front of our faces. It's a shockingly solid lead for Day Two.

After Ouro revealed his block of Retro. This was a dangerous path for me to go down. I had to make an argument on Retro's behalf without signaling what I knew.

Are you suggesting we have a possible third power role out themselves on Day Two? That seems like a bad idea.

Here I am, telling the hypothetical third role (who definitely isn't me!) not to claim.

Hmm. I'm thinking some things over. Call it a plank turn, but I don't think I'm interested in playing this game right now.

Sorry.

VOTE: RetroMG

There's a chance you're right and Retro's bullshitting all of us, and if not all we've lost is a neutral who we'd be lynching in the late game, anyway. Flush will still be here tomorrow.

Besides, going 800 feet with this Blargonaut just isn't the same.

This one hurt me inside. I wasn't making any headway with the strategy I was using, and I feared I had already said too much.

Sorry, Retro. Town needed me more than you.

Can't say I'm surprised by this. Farewell, Ouro. You saved us from extra night kills. Be in peace.

Lie. I was extremely surprised by Ouro's death! At the beginning of the day I thought I was blocked by scum, because Ouro publicly stated that he trusted me. I thought they were onto me for sure.

I played with this idea and it makes sense. It just seems a bit OP for scum to be able to take out two of us in a single "day," especially when one of those kills happens away from prying Town eyes.

Sawneeks presented a theory about the missing kill on Night One. I agreed, because it definitely wasn't me!

Flush's claim just sounds like he's fishing for an actual doctor to out themselves. Don't do it, his fate is sealed.

On the plus side, when he flips scum we'll have a better idea of what happened Night One.

Once again, a warning to the hypothetical Doctor (who definitely isn't me) that they shouldn't claim.

Coppanuva

No I mean the vote for GCthat came in too late because I wasn't watching the thread

I probably wouldn't have voted if I had seen Terra's giant post

eh, no worries. It's tough to sort things out, especially when it came down to a split second decision like it did that day. There was a lot to process right then and a fast time limit to respond there. It's easy to criticize people when you're in a position of power and know who to vote for, but being in your place trying to decide would've been tough.

Also, right at the end there with Terra claiming Protector and Swamped claiming Cop...I almost believed you both. There was a moment about 20 minutes before the deadline where I started to really doubt lynching Terra and started to worry this would end up as Dangan 2.0 with another last-minute mislynch. In the end I went with my gut but I was SUPER close to backing off.

Your post at the end of yesterday was one of the highlights of the game for me. You saw through the madness and helped lead Town to victory! Great work.

They haven't been posting in any GAFIA threads.

I fear what this likely means

-looks around-

M88Zlpw.png

roytheone

These games always end while I sleep. Even when I make sure they end when I am awake.....they still manage to end while I am asleep :mad:

Anyway, HURRAY! 3 out of 3 in my first season, not bad at all! I had a lot of fun during this game. I know some people don't like to be ordinary town, but I didn't mind one bit. After having to play carefully because I was a doctor, and after having to play carefully because I was scum, being able to play more freely and without as much pressure and responsibility was refreshing! Also, this was the first game where I got the feeling I was actually useful and an asset for my team, compared to just bumbling around like in Archer and NX. Great game all around! Some other notes:

-When I got the Ourobolols role PM saying I was an ordinary, I actually prepared a fake role claim in case I was a lynch candidate. I would claim a two shot vigilante, the flavor being that I could use my experience as a mod to pretend to be launch and modkill players. I couldn't use it during the day because I wasn't nearly handsome enough to pretend to be launch during the daytime and people would notice :)

- I did leave some breadcrumbs around during day 1 in case I needed that fake role claim. In my very first posts I said "I really hate RNG", I voted for squidyj and the only other person that had a vote on him at that time was Ourob himself, I said that I would modkill Ourob for his "bearly" remark, I always spelled Ourob his name as Ourobolols, and I said that I would feel "uncomfortable" to vote for Ourob, because voting for yourself is very weird ;)

-If I would have died early on in the game, I would have asked Launch to post this will in the thread: "Well, after I got my role PM telling me that I was Ourobolols, I knew I was going to suck in this game and be completely useless to town, I guess I lived up to my role name!"

- My theory about what happened during N3 was correct? Huzzah!

-So Ourob managed to block a neutral from killing a scum, and a doctor from protecting himself.................lol

- Out of 6 lynches, we managed to only lynch 1 towny! That has to be a record that will probably never be broken!

- Rats was probably the most useful doctor ever in a Gafia game. Not only did he survive longer that average as a doctor, he really prevented a N1 clusterfuck with that self protect! If I had to pick a town MVP (outside of me of course ;), it would go between him and Sawneeks.

- @Terra and Swamped: did my plan to exaggerate my suspicion of GC work?

- Scum three times in a row Swamped? Man, that must suck :(

- Having so little night time to plan sucks, doesn't it? At least you guys were in about the same timezone, we didn't had that luxury in NX :(

-@ Royal_flush: did you had a list with fake role claims you could use? I am kinda curious why you choose to claim to be me!

cabot

But the REAL point here is both Launch and swamped had dates, and I had a date on thursday night.

When it rains, it pours. Soaked in love

-@ Royal_flush: did you had a list with fake role claims you could use? I am kinda curious why you choose to claim to be me!

No, Launch forgot to send me fake names. As the names didn't necessarily correspond with the role I wanted to go with my real name (Fireblend) as odd night cop. That's what I set up D2. When GC claimed cop I had to improvise. Best explanation I could come up with that fast was a lyncher. And what would fit better than a Topo/Roy combination? He sent me a list of names while I wrote my claim, so I only saw it after I claimed Roy (that name was not on the list). He then confirmed that there was no Roy-role in the came. So, lucky guess, I think.

Being first time scum on my own wasn't as bad as I thought. At some point I even thought I was in a better position than actual scum because Terrabyte wouldn't fuck up on me (I'm still amazed how Scrafty was the D1 lynch instead of Terra. I would have bet good money until half of D1 that he gets lynched). Well, then I made that post. And I think I would have made the exact same post if I was town. I really didn't see the big rats-post so he was suspicious as fuck in my book and I think i would have been more comfortable lynching him than a claimed PR. Of course that's hard to tell from my perspective, but that's what I think...

*Splinter

Why did I die? I'm hoping it was my PR soft claim when I said I would protect the cop? Taking a bullet was my only contribution to this win :p

Also town didn't know why I died, I was seriously worried they'd lynch GC if they didn't figure out that Coppa and I both died for 'protecting' him

First time I've had time to use a PC, was out drinking after like 5pm yesterday and then went to sleep.

Lmao @ everyone protecting me. I've now survived two games, WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING??

I'm glad you all put faith into me though.

roytheone

Ha! I had a feeling (or I was hoping) that was the case.

You're my MVP, roy. Excellent work out there.

My plan was actually a lot more risky than I initially realized. If I was night killed N4 instead of *splinter, I could no longer explain that my suspicion of GC was mostly an act and scum could have misused my posts to implicate GC. Luckily, my plan had an unintended consequence because team scum actually let me live N4 partially because they thought I was really suspicious of GC :)

Scum and Scumette said:
I'm all for that plan. We only need four votes for majority on D5. I think Roy and Star will also be willing to vote for GC.

Making myself less of a NK target was not my intention at all, but hey, I take it!

Also, if they actually were successful in lynching GC after he was tailored, GC would have flipped scum and my sudden "no guys, my suspicion of GC was mostly an act!" remark would have sounded very scummy :) I think Sawneeks actually said something in the line of "if GC is scum I think Roy is too". I dodged a bullet there.

J-j-justice?! I was trying to kill a mafia with that! It would've worked too if they had targeted him instead... Would've been a blaze of glory
You know what would've been a BLAZE of glory?

Hitting ROTY night one, killing the 2 remaining main mafia members, and leaving scum without a night kill

Shortest game ever

Sawneeks

Banned
Your post at the end of yesterday was one of the highlights of the game for me. You saw through the madness and helped lead Town to victory! Great work.

Thank you! :)

Oh god, i just realized swamped thought about framing me N2. That would have been glorious!

I wonder if you would have been saved from a lynch at that point or if GC would have kept quiet. If he came out with his role then and cleared you you could have coasted by for a while lol.

Also, if they actually were successful in lynching GC after he was tailored, GC would have flipped scum and my sudden "no guys, my suspicion of GC was mostly an act!" remark would have sounded very scummy :) I think Sawneeks actually said something in the line of "if GC is scum I think Roy is too". I dodged a bullet there.

Yeeaaahhh, probably a good thing he wasn't lynched, lol. The way a lot of the voting records and interactions went I was fairly sure it was down you the two pairs of you and GC or Terra/Swamped. I would have gone after you the next day super hard.

Also, Launch! If you ever end up running this type of game again you should put the tailor role in again. I really want to see it in actions, the amount of confusion it could cause would be amazing.

Sawneeksie :> you were me! Wheeee! 'We' survived to the end game! o/ loved you in this game, Sawneeksie! You teetered but held true and I was yaaaaaaaassssssss in the dead thread XD

You, royroy, GC and matt were pretty ice at the end game. Town redeemed! Very nice!

^____^

Swamped

Banned
- Scum three times in a row Swamped? Man, that must suck :(
!

Definitely more stressful than one might think, especially towards the end game. I mean, I could have still fought on D5/D6 I guess, but after DR I was a bit winded. Even so, being Mafia is really fun. I can't wait to do some real detective work when/if I'm town next time. I'll need someone to teach me how to town effectively!

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeksie :> you were me! Wheeee! 'We' survived to the end game! o/ loved you in this game, Sawneeksie! You teetered but held true and I was yaaaaaaaassssssss in the dead thread XD

You, royroy, GC and matt were pretty ice at the end game. Town redeemed! Very nice!

^____^

Yup! Kind of bummed I never had to roleclaim though, I was all ready to Colbert-ify my avatar for you. :(

Rule #2: It's considered good town play to sacrifice at least one doctor as early as possible.

Rule #3: Remember to always roleblock the Doctor, especially when they are trying to save you.

<3 you ouroobolols

Top Bottom