• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Dark_castle

NRluS9q.png

GT was awesome. Shame to see them close down.

This is fucking horrible. Man this SUCKS. First Rev3 then GT. I really loved GT. Is there no room in gaming for general coverage?

The worst part really is this was obviously coming. GT heavily panders to the most hardcore of hardcore gamer. COD and its ilk might as well not exist. That doesn't sell and Defy has no reason to keep them around. I feel like it should just be under new management because guys like Bosman and Huber are talented.

Damn dude all those jokes about GT not making my new and going under were real?! THIS IS ALL IANS FAULT.

They were my favorite gaming news site. Can't believe that it's gone :(

Their featurettes were always very well written and touched on interesting topics. The narration was always pleasant too. I'll miss their retrospectives the most.

Wasp

Truly an end of an era.

Listening to GT Time on a Friday morning at work has become the highlight of my week.

I hope all the staff land on their feet, preferably at the same place, such a great bunch of personalities. I miss them already.

Really going to miss these guys, and I loved Pop Fiction! They were my go-to site for years, and I will especially miss their E3 coverage.

Their Twitter page looks super eerie tho,

IL0oZ56.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
Holy shit

I used there streams for almost every damn E3!!! Fuck

What a blow, they also allowed free high quality trailer downloads other than gamersryde.

Hope they get together and do something but this came out of nowhere.

Sesha

I felt the writing was on the wall for a while now. Wish it wasn't so.

I hope the crew won't split up and be scattered to the winds. Either way, I hope they'll find stability ASAP.

Love you all, GT crew. Godspeed.

Aw, I thought they were going the Giant Bomb route and becoming more personality based. Hope every lands on their feet, they're all super talented people and super likable. So strangely out of nowhere.

Compsiox

Banned
WOW. I feel like I hear about them all the time and they were my go to place for gaming for a long time. Sorry to see gametrailers go.

It's really surprising to see them go under, especially since it seemed to happen so suddenly. They ended up producing some of my favorite video series about games. Within the last year or two I stopped watching their content but every now and then I'd go back to watch a video or two. (Thanks to their Top 5 JRPG combat system video I took the dive and played Shadow Hearts which became on of my favorite game series).

Hopefully their former employees will be able to find new jobs and ventures that were good if not better than GameTrailers

Crazy. I went there in High School in 2003 for E3 news. It cannot be overstated how helpful that site was. Back then, finding game videos compiled for E3 wasn't so easy as it is now. Back then if you went to Gametrailers, you'd have an organized selection of the latest E3 game videos in a time when most news was available via print.

Utter sadness. You were a trailblazer.

Rest in peace.

foxtrot3d

Banned
DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I remember just a couple months ago we grew concerned with how everyone's office got small and Bloodworth was trying to say we shouldn't be worried. For the love of GOD someone snatch up Bosman.

I really hope they find new jobs quickly :(

This makes me really sad. I have been rewatching the hype saga again a bunch recently.

Man... This really sucks.

The Flash

Banned
Didn't really watch or read anything by GT all that much but nonetheless it sucks to see a such beloved site like this go. Best of luck to all the staff.

D-Man

Holy shit, this came out of nowhere. I'm really gonna miss them. I've been watching their content (reviews, Bosman, etc.) for a very long time.

RIP. :/

RK128

That is horrible :(.

This is the only 'major' gaming site I trusted with reviews honestly. Shame to see them go and I hope everyone who works there lands on their feet. Love the coverage they made over the years and its really sad to see them go.

Top Bottom