• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman auctioning off gun that he used in Trayvon Martin shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

How does he keep dodging the law? Does he have family members in high places, or what? Something doesn't seem right how he never gets into trouble.

IronRinn

Everything about this is disgusting. From the fact that he is profiting off the murder of another person to this smarmy Islamophobic bullshit:

The firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney.
Fuck this guy.

Everything about this is disgusting. From the fact that he is profiting off the murder of another person to this smarmy bullshit:

Fuck this guy.
I am not generally wishing people dead, but I was reading it thinking "man if only the gun accidentally shot him while he cleaned it".

How does he keep dodging the law? Does he have family members in high places, or what? Something doesn't seem right how he never gets into trouble.

Being an asshole isnt a crime.

IIRC, the only illegal thing he has been involved with since the case was a domestic violence dispute, and his GF declined to press charges.

RPGCrazied

Being an asshole isnt a crime.

IIRC, the only illegal thing he has been involved with since the case was a domestic violence dispute, and his GF declined to press charges.

I guess. Selling a murder weapon is legal though? How come they even gave that back to him is mind boggling.

I guess. Selling a murder weapon is legal though? How come they even gave that back to him is mind boggling.

Legally speaking, its not a murder weapon. He was acquitted of any wrongdoing so i dont see why they wouldnt return it. The facts regarding who shot Trayvon were never in dispute, so its not as if there was any more value to the gun from an evidence standpoint.

Goodstyle

There are people who are going to go into this thread and say "Oh he's a racist jerk, but based on the trial, he didn't deserve to get convicted!". These people will be banned, and they will be thinking "Wow, this dumb site and the people in it are allergic to the truth", but here's the thing: This thread is neither the time or place. This guy is doing something clearly sociopathic, something that spits in the face of the people he directly hurt in this case, and if you're first response is to go to bat for him, then there is something deeply wrong with you.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
If this man was selling a weapon that he used to murder my son with and stating it as some kind of historical artifact of importance...I would honestly kill him.

The poor family of the child. What a fucking ass hole piece of shit man.

For some reason the first thing I thought of was:

2776352-5018973633-tumbl.gif

Not because I'm interested in buying it, but rather that America has become a dystopian satire similar to that depicted in the prescient film 'Robocop'.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
funny, i was just thinking the other day we hadnt had some weird story where Zimmerman is conspicuously there in time to rescue someone from a burning car, or he hasn't threatened his girlfriend or her father or someone with a shotgun/pistol in a while. Turns out he found a new way to get in the news.

Whether or not you think he killed the kid in self-defense is really beside the point.

He's using that killing to proudly advertise the sale of the gun, and then he goes on an standard Neo-conservo anti-Gun Regulations agenda-driven rant.

And for extra troll salt, he throws in an anti-Black Lives Matter quip, which is pretty much code for "I am a racist and I support cops killing unarmed black people."

Fuck this guy. He's pure fucking evil. I hope someone buys the gun and melts it down to liquid metal alloy on live TV and then dumps the pile of congealed liquid metal into a garbage can that has Zimmerman's face on it.

I'm sure it surprises no-one, but the Smithsonian have confirmed that they've never had any interest in this gun:

http://newsdesk.si.edu/mobile/releases?id=9212

Not shocked.

The guy is living in some militant-conservative fantasy world where he thinks he's a hero in some sick way. So, naturally he has to invent shit to make his twisted cause seem justified.

I hope the Smithsonian can sue him for libel or something along those lines. George's comments set the Smithsonian in a bad light and forced them to make a response to his bullshit.

guggnichso

Banned
Hi guys, german here. This case was even news here back then, with the general consensus that this guy only walked free because of some weird ass self defense law.

Now, question that I have: Since then, has this law changed? Are there at least attempts by sane politicians to change this bullshit so something like this can't happen again?

Vestal

Gold Member
I just can't think of adjectives strong enough to express how angry this shit makes me feel. Part of me wishes Ramsey from GOT was real and would have a few days with this disgusting piece of human waste.

Hi guys, german here. This case was even news here back then, with the general consensus that this guy only walked free because of some weird ass self defense law.

Now, question that I have: Since then, has this law changed? Are there at least attempts by sane politicians to change this bullshit so something like this can't happen again?
Floridian here. No.

No law has changed because things worked out the way they were supposed to in the eyes of politicians who have no interest in the defense/protection of minorities in the first place.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
This fucking guy...

Justice has to be coming for him, one way or another. It has to be.

Can't even begin to imagine how devastated Trayvon Martin's family will be when they hear about this, and he doesn't care one little bit.

What a horrible piece of shit he is. Justice has to catch him eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom