• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get In The Van: The Official ROCK BAND Online Thread

birdman

I'd like to apologize to the 360 faithful as I have jumped out and am getting the PS3 version instead. My PSN ID is Birdman98.

Kintaco

birdman said:
I'd like to apologize to the 360 faithful as I have jumped out and am getting the PS3 version instead. My PSN ID is Birdman98.
God bless you! We need all the people we can get. Not that I'll have the game this year. :(

birdman said:

BIRDMANTON.

I'll switch you over (you're in the OP, right?). It'll be nice to edit an OP again.

:D

Birdman02

I guess I'll add my name to the list even though I probably won't have the game 'til January...or later :(

Birdman1702 | Birdman02 | 360 | -6 GMT (CST)

birdman

Kintaco said:
God bless you! We need all the people we can get. Not that I'll have the game this year. :(

:lol No problem. I'm just glad that now it seems like we have enough for a band to be assembled.

Aladuf

Banned
BenjaminBirdie
raise the double standard
(Yesterday, 02:40 PM)

Birdman02
(Yesterday, 03:17 PM)

birdman
(Today, 12:24 AM)

These are the last 3 posters on this topic, Rock Band fans = Bird fanatics confirmed?! :lol

Cahill

Banned
Oh man. Just thought about this... It's too bad we didn't list our instrument(s) of choice from the get-go for the OP. Would have been much easier to send invites and put bands together. I'm planning on sticking with guitar/bass (hard/expert difficulty depending on song)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
BenjaminBirdie said:
I wanted to make sure there were fewer PS3 users and at the time you posted your name and pertinent info, it was a close shot.

No, I just missed it. It's corrected now.

Hurk hurk Myth Busters

BreakyBoy said:
breakyboy | Breaky Boy | 360 | -5 GMT (EST)

Please add. Thanks. :D

M3wThr33

Banned
I'll sing, no problem. I think I do quite well. Good enough on medium and hard, I guess.
Hell, I'll sing AND play an instrument if you need it.

M3wThr33 said:
I'll sing, no problem. I think I do quite well. Good enough on medium and hard, I guess.
Hell, I'll sing AND play an instrument if you need it.
I'm probably gonna be best at guitar/bass (I've beaten all GH's on expert), but I am totally down for anything.

If we're doing a Seattle-specific real-life meetup, Sundays work best for me, but I will be able to do Saturdays after mid-December. I know Gatekeeper is interested and would prefer to do Saturdays.

plaidtopia said:
If we're doing a Seattle-specific real-life meetup, Sundays work best for me, but I will be able to do Saturdays after mid-December. I know Gatekeeper is interested and would prefer to do Saturdays.

Saturdays are going to be easiest for me as I work Fridays and Sundays and it will definitely be easier to meet up after Mid-December. I'm going to actually be in Seattle from the 12th-16th visiting friends at PopCap who are also getting Rock Band on Tuesday.

I could probably commit to going up once a month for meetups. It would obviously be nice if there was a rotation of sorts (you folks coming down here once in a while).

I will play any instrument. From the get-go, I can probably do Bass/Guitar on Expert, and Drums or Vocals on Medium until I get some practice in with them.

\m/ <_> \m/

M3wThr33

Banned
Shitty SDTV and PS3 version here. You're welcome to come, but it wouldn't be the ultimate experience.
(Unemployed, so I won't buy a new tv until I have a job.)

Any companies in the Seattle-area hiring entry-level programmers? Fuck! I'll do anything in the game industry if I can work my way up.

M3wThr33 said:
Shitty SDTV and PS3 version here. You're welcome to come, but it wouldn't be the ultimate experience.
(Unemployed, so I won't buy a new tv until I have a job.)

Any companies in the Seattle-area hiring entry-level programmers? Fuck! I'll do anything in the game industry if I can work my way up.

Meh. I have an SDTV and I don't care. I'm not your usual graphics whore GAFfer. It's all about fun.

Gatekeeper said:
Meh. I have an SDTV and I don't care. I'm not your usual graphics whore GAFfer. It's all about fun.
I've got a pretty nice set-up and, now that I think about it, another Seattle-area GAF buddy with an equally nice one. Between the both of us, I think we'll be okay. :D Now I just gotta find out when he's down to degrade himself through the power of ROCK ...

Also, that weekend in December of the 15th is the exact week that I stop working on Saturdays, so it should work perfectly. If you wanna hang that weekend, I'm down, or we can do it another time that your real friends aren't available. ;)

plaidtopia said:
I've got a pretty nice set-up (46" 1080p LCD, 7.1 surround) and, now that I think about it, another Seattle-area GAF buddy with an equally nice one. Between the both of us, I think we'll be okay. :D Now I just gotta find out when he's down to degrade himself through the power of ROCK ...

Also, that weekend in December of the 15th is the exact week that I stop working on Saturdays, so it should work perfectly. If you wanna hang that weekend, I'm down, or we can do it another time that your real friends aren't available. ;)

You're funny. I like you. Now accept my friend request. I'm Z3R05UM.

So, on Tuesday, I figure I'll be home and set up by about 10:30 am PST. Who wants to do some online rocking?

Gatekeeper said:
You're funny. I like you. Now accept my friend request. I'm Z3R05UM.

So, on Tuesday, I figure I'll be home and set up by about 10:30 am PST. Who wants to do some online rocking?
Done. Sorry for the delay, but I didn't connect you to that gamertag until now.

I'm probably going to be playing BWT mode with a buddy first on Tuesday, so no online for me for a bit later, methinks.

Coop

Coop421 | Coop | 360 | -5 GMT (EST)

Unfortunately I'll be renting this for the time being. I should have the full package by Christmas

Jube3

EB usually delivers really early for me on tuesday (10am est or so). Im gonna mess with the drums first and create my guy and Ill be good to go all day. 30 more hours until ROCKBAND IS IN MY DEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn time flew.

Mark D

plastic handgun | Mark D | 360 | -5 GMT (EST)

I'm one of those Canadian suckers dealing with the delay, but I did buy the disc-only version. So I'll be available for just guitar and bass until the bundle gets released here.

I3rand0 said:
I'll be getting the PS 3 ver. I3rand0 is also my PSN ID, EST as well.

Wow, instead of following the format, you literally doubled your amount of work. Please put it in the right form so I can just copy it in, please, thanks, please, ok.

I3rand0

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow, instead of following the format, you literally doubled your amount of work. Please put it in the right form so I can just copy it in, please, thanks, please, ok.

My bad.

I3rand0 | I3rand0 | PS3 | -5 GMT (EST)

Argyle

Argyle of Sock | Argyle | 360 | -8 GMT (PST)
Argyle | Argyle | PS3 | -8 GMT (PST)

Yes. I am insane. :)

BTW, you can unlock everything in the solo tour right? I'll be online for a while unlocking stuff, but I might be up for playing some tonight (360) if anyone is game...

M3wThr33

Banned
Haven't bought any DLC yet. I know it's sad to say, but none of those songs really 'click' with me.

I played online for a bit tonight, mostly as vocals. The online portion is realllllly poorly done.

How do I talk to people? I know I can do it DURING songs when I'm on the mic, but is that the only instrument and the only way? (I'm using a socom USB headset instead of the given mic, so there's the earbud, just in case)

When I choose invite someone... well, I guess we'll see one day when I do it what happens.

There's no way to vote for songs you want to play.

No way to browse people? Just friend invites or search?

Also, it doesn't show people you played with in your "Recently Seen" list on the XMB.

Top Bottom