• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 THE BRODEO) 05/07/2008

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/050708.mp3

Size: 43.6 MB.
Length: 01:46:27
Description:
The full crew is back this week, plus the cure for your GFW Radio fever: Dr. Maximum Chill, PhD, here with the medicine you need. Yes, pour a glass of your favorite non-alcoholic beverage and relax to the mellifluous sounds of the Brodeo, as they fill your eardrums with the tender sounds of Age of Conan talk, Ryan's obsessive Team Fortress 2 farming, and...that game with the cars and the hookers and the killing. Yes, we weigh in on it. But this week only. Next week it's all about Cooking Mama 12---we promise!
Cast: Sean Molloy, Jeff Green, Ryan Scott, Shawn Elliot, Robert Ashley
Animated Gifs: Surely to follow

WrikaWrek

Banned
FUCK YEAH

8e1ihrl.gif

You the best maaaiinn

hvtbo2.gif

Dartastic

I'm conflicted. Either listen to the majority of the new Weezer album, or listen to the podcast. Oh wait, it's an easy choice. GFW isn't up on Itunes. Weezer it is.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
EviLore said:
"putting the pussy on a pedestal" is a 40 Year Old Virgin reference.

Shit!! You're right. He made a cool reference and we didn't get it.

As Shawn Elliott would say: EPIC FAIL.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
JeffGreen said:
Shit!! You're right. He made a cool reference and we didn't get it.

As Shawn Elliott would say: EPIC FAIL.

Shawn is too hip to say something like that. EPIC FAIL is more for Garnett. CONFIRMED.

EDIT: Oh shoot, I just started listening and didn't realize you guys actually talked about this. Shawn calls out "somebody in the building" to stop using these phrases. :lol

Momar

aka Ryder
I just started getting into listening to podcasts, and out of the 3 I've become addicted to (1up Yours, GFW, and GiantBomb), GFW is definitely my fave so far. Jeff and Shawn are definitely my favorite contributers, glad to see Shawn is back!

witness

Wow so the band is kind of broken up now? So who will be working with the PC stuff on the site, Jeff and Sean? Will the podcast be renamed as something more officially general since you guys talk about all consoles, off topic, and are kind of split up now?

Shins

Banned
I had the same experience as Robert with the chase mission in GTA; my friend mentioned how you had to make a choice, but I shot him in the leg once we were on the rooftops, in an attempt to slow him down, and he just feel off. No cutscene, no choice.

h3ro

Great GTA discussion guys. Really refreshing to hear people stand back from the "OMG 10+ GOAT" crowd and actually discuss the game mechanics and the correlation between hype and the actual game...

Shawn, that Tsunami/Natural disaster game mechanic is an awesome idea! Any way you could get that super San Andreas MP mod guys to get to work on that? The griefing you could pull off would be epic...:lol

GhaleonQ

I'm only halfway through the podcast, but I'd like to hear their thoughts on the frequency of games with "meat" on them in a gameplay sense (I think that few games, period, have notable philosophical substance). Movie reviewers doing their duty during the summer blockbuster season or book reviewers analyzing the Harry Potter series or political polemics take a "nuts-and-bolts" approach, too. Is it fair to criticize writers instead of developers?

Rlan

Quick note: All characters are unlockable via Multiplayer for Smash Bros. It's not necessary to do the single player at all for them. Some levels are unlocked by doing some specific "Events" though.

As for Mario Kart - I don't like the idea of unlocking all the characters in the bullshit Wii sets up, like doing Time Trials or completing the 50CC [Which I don't want to do, I'm used to 150CC now!], I don't intend to unlock every single character in MKWii either - but surely everyone has a "favourite" character they WANT to play as?

Lots of people love playing as Toad or Koopa Troopa, I got used to playing as Princess Peach in Super Circut. I unlocked Funky Kong in MKWii because I thought he'd be fun to play as.

"I hope Koopa Kids are in there" is because some people like those old characters. It's annoying that they fill up the rosters with useless characters like Princess Daisy, BABY Princess Daisy, other Babies etc when Mario has so many characters and enemies which would be cool to see! I don't want to unlock Daisy, and I will not!

Top Bottom