• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 - The Brodeo) 30/07/08

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole

Link
Size: 25.7MB
Length: 0:55:30
Starring Jeff, Shawn, Ryan and Anthony.
Jeff, Shawn, Ryan and Anthony assemble to chat about The Wire, Grimm, Quake Live, selling Lich King beta keys on eBay, and Combat Arms. You are so respectable!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
NICE
I'm gonna go into a zen state of gfw and geowars awesomeness.
Right after I finish lunch.

Akia

Where are all the North American GFW thread starters. We're getting creamed 2 weeks in a row here.

I'm tired of doing a double take at the date.

/lazyamerican

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
No Wire spoilers at all. Shawn's only seen the first season. All I keep saying is "it gets better and better".

Just finished season 1 of the Wire as well and watched episode 1 of season 2 last night...absolutely incredible first season.

Akia

GitarooMan said:
Just finished season 1 of the Wire as well and watched episode 1 of season 2 last night...absolutely incredible first season.

I'm right where you are. I just don't like the new characters that were introduced.

Hey Shawn and guys if you are reading this. I bought Game Boys by Michael Kane based on your talk and it arrived yesterday. Great book so far and thanks for the tip!

Also, f' yeah for the brodeo finally landing this week!

JeffGreen said:
No Wire spoilers at all. Shawn's only seen the first season. All I keep saying is "it gets better and better".

Good. I haven't even seen the first season yet, but I've been meaning to watch it for awhile now.

FartOfWar

Banned
gray_fox224 said:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

Hmm, the Wire? I'm still on season 1.

9779sj.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Duck said:
Would Blockbuster carry The Wire?
I would assume so, most Blockbusters have a pretty robust TV section nowadays.

Akia said:
I'm right where you are. I just don't like the new characters that were introduced.
Yeah, I got the same feeling in the first episode, but people rave so much about the later seasons I trust it will all work out.

gray_fox224

Moving off from the Wire, I just want to let everyone know that I have succeeded in building my first gaming PC. Currently playing Crysis and The Witcher...with a keyboard and mouse!

Doel

Good episode. Glad to hear Shawn is enjoying The Wire. You'll be happy to know that it gets so much better. I think most people's favourite season is either 3 or 4.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
The roof comment - that bugged me as well. And they were easy to spot up there on multiple occasions.

Edit: Overall, I'll give this episode an e out of π

TTG

is there a game that explores the middle ground between the good guy and the bad guy

Yes. GTAIV. You react to each decision and you don't go in thinking "I'm this or that". It's really the next step from KOTOR 1.

Ryu

I was trying to watch the full Wire series through Netflix and got up to the middle of season 2 and the show just died for me. I had no interest in the characters at all outside of the main cast from season 1. Everyone here is saying season 3 or 4 is spectacular and season 1 is just the hook, but no one mentions season 2. Should I just trudge through it just to get to what's good in 3 and 4?

Doel

is there a game that explores the middle ground between the good guy and the bad guy
Ya, on that note, Shawn mentioned how it would be cool if a CoD4 style of game did that. David Jaffe was actually developing an FPS game for the PSP that would do that very thing. Where the US would be invading China and you'd be put into these situations where you were told to kill innocent civilians, making you question if you should do it and who really is the "bad guy" in that war.

That was just one example Jaffe gave. I'm sure there was other examples of this. Sadly the game never really got off the ground.

Nizz

JeffGreen said:
Yeah, Shawn is in for a real treat as he checks out every season. The only season I haven't seen yet is the last one (the satellite bill was gettin expensive) but I regret not seeing how the show went out :( This is one of the best shows ever seen on television, cable or otherwise...

Doel

Ryu said:
I was trying to watch the full Wire series through Netflix and got up to the middle of season 2 and the show just died for me. I had no interest in the characters at all outside of the main cast from season 1. Everyone here is saying season 3 or 4 is spectacular and season 1 is just the hook, but no one mentions season 2. Should I just trudge through it just to get to what's good in 3 and 4?
I personally loved season 2. At the beginning I felt just like you did, and missed the older setting, but believe me, Season 2 picks up. And Season 3 and 4 are for me, the most amazing television I have ever watched. Even if you don't care for Season 2 in the end, its completely worth pushing through to get to the last 3 seasons.

Akia

Ryu said:
I was trying to watch the full Wire series through Netflix and got up to the middle of season 2 and the show just died for me. I had no interest in the characters at all outside of the main cast from season 1.

You nailed it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
On the topic of the eBay WoW beta keys, when it says it expires August 1st, he didn't mean the beta itself was ending, just that it is the last day the key can be entered before it expires. All of those Blizzcon and WWI cards have to be entered within a year. At least that is what they talked about on an earlier episode of Legendary Thread.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mass Effect basically had two general endings but with four different outcomes.

There's a "good" and "bad" general outcome, but then depending on a final decision in the game, there's also a "good" and "bad" outcome based on that as well.

And unlike previous BioWare games, the final decision only affects the second outcome, not the first... so you can't be an asshole for the whole game and then suddenly get the "good" ending.

Akia said:

give it time man, it really pays off. i just finished season 4 and you can clearly see how everything was written from the start

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
HAHA I can't wait till old schoolmates google me and come across that GIF.

Hang in there with Season 2 of The Wire. As others have said, it all pays off. And Season 3 gets back to the Barksdale storyline in any case, and you do NOT want to miss that.

Top Bottom