• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah GW1 had clipping stuff to be found throughout its lifespan and they're here for all kinds of basic stuff. On my support set my Mesmer's staff clips right on through his coat. Ohhh well.

nataku

Yeah GW1 had clipping stuff to be found throughout its lifespan and they're here for all kinds of basic stuff. On my support set my Mesmer's staff clips right on through his coat. Ohhh well.

Yeah. Capes themselves in GW1 would literally pass right through the back and out the front of your character often when moving around and then stopping or doing the 180 turn. Those thing went everywhere. Very little weight to them.

Jira

guild wars 2 has had a lot of clipping issues since day 1. you would think that these issues would be fixed slowly over time but with the rate of content they're pushing out it seems like arenanet will be behind forever. at least we have the content.

still, it would be nice if they made sure that new armor and weapons did not clip. at least that way they would only have clipping from the older armor and weapons to fix.

Clipping is certainly an issue for every video game. In the past they've gone back and fixed clipping for armor/weapons that people have reported if an artist had some extra time. Thing is with GW2 they have 5 races and 2 sexes each. Each race/sex has their own animations, combine that with any number of possible combinations of different armor and weapons that it would be damn near impossible to spot every single clipping issue. The only way to solve the issue is to use a physics based system for all armor/weapons but that just puts extra strain on the engine to ensure nothing clips and I don't think that's worth it personally. Best thing to do is bug report the clipping in-game and on the forums, stuff has continued to be fixed over time.

Proven

Ah, I missed the new OT. So I haven't posted in a while because a few days ago I left for Jamaica. Visiting family and such. Todays's my birthday too. I'll see you all when I get back two Fridays from now.

I do regret not grinding out the meta achievement or using a guide a little. I'll get it if it lasts for the whole month and not two weeks. Here's hoping.

Never forget that we won Beardgate 2013. Kos never will.
I saw this on a site before I left. I'm amazed this even go fixed so soon.

Cels

Clipping is certainly an issue for every video game. In the past they've gone back and fixed clipping for armor/weapons that people have reported if an artist had some extra time. Thing is with GW2 they have 5 races and 2 sexes each. Each race/sex has their own animations, combine that with any number of possible combinations of different armor and weapons that it would be damn near impossible to spot every single clipping issue. The only way to solve the issue is to use a physics based system for all armor/weapons but that just puts extra strain on the engine to ensure nothing clips and I don't think that's worth it personally. Best thing to do is bug report the clipping in-game and on the forums, stuff has continued to be fixed over time.

yeah i've reported my heavy cof shoulders clipping directly through my face ever since i got them back in like november.

you would think that in a game that is focused not on stats but rather on looks the artists would pay particular attention to visually jarring issues like clipping. sadly this is not the case. there is some minor unavoidable stuff like hair interacting with sheathed weapons, that's not a big deal. two pieces of armor from different sets interacting weirdly with each other is not too bad either, that stuff happens.

but look at this, this kind of clipping makes me wonder whether they do any testing at all to see if animations cause any visual oddities. this isn't some unusual armor/gear combination causing a rare or niche situation. it's simply heavy cof shoulders clipping through my face.

6zvPbNT.jpg

i am still holding out for some system where your hair is shown if you have a helmet on but maybe i am just being naive.

nataku

Yeah, the whole massive spikes on shoulders thing is stupid.

That's why I said that about the Set C item datamined earlier. The spikes end inches from the head with the arm at the side. There's no way they won't go right through your head during animations.

http://imgur.com/ZUkOjqK

Ah, I missed the new OT. So I haven't posted in a while because a few days ago I left for Jamaica. Visiting family and such. Todays's my birthday too. I'll see you all when I get back two Fridays from now.

I do regret not grinding out the meta achievement or using a guide a little. I'll get it if it lasts for the whole month and not two weeks. Here's hoping.

I saw this on a site before I left. I'm amazed this even go fixed so soon.

Nice buddy, today is my birthday too :) Happy Birthday! Jealous you're in Jamaica, have fun! I'm going to Vegas this coming weekend, not quite as exciting ;P

Levyne

Banned
Supposedly you got a kite if you bought gems between April and June.

Pretty sure I did but no kite. Maybe I didn't :(

Supposedly you got a kite if you bought gems between April and June.

Pretty sure I did but no kite. Maybe I didn't :(

Try a relog? Or maybe it's just going out in waves like the other free thing people got for buying gems.

What slot does it take up? Looks like the weapon slot.

It's an inventory item like a pet but it does remove your weapon abilities since your character actually holds it with both hands.

Levyne

Banned
Got my Kite! Just gotta be more patient I guess. I'm pretty sure Rox's quiver was in the time range so I knew I should've gotten one :)

Anno

Oh I see you like my quaggan. It IS the best college football quaggan on GAF.

How's Buffalo?

Behind that quaggan should be a blue one with orange accents running a Statue of Liberty :p

Buffalo is hot, and humid. Fortunately I spent like 15 hours inside today. The sushi was really good, though.

_woLf

Thank you for your gem purchase!

Save this e-mail for reference. If there is a problem with your purchase, Customer Support will ask you for your order number.

Order number: -------------
Order date: 4/15/2013

1600 Gems
Subtotal: $20.00
Tax: $1.68
Total: $21.68

WHERE IS MY FREE KITE :(

Behind that quaggan should be a blue one with orange accents running a Statue of Liberty :p

Buffalo is hot, and humid. Fortunately I spent like 15 hours inside today. The sushi was really good, though.

Btw, have I mentioned how wolverines are my favorite animal? EVER. So vicious and dominant. ;P

Lucky. Sushi is limited here in okie-ville.

On topic, had my first encounter with the Lyssa and Dwayna tonight. Fun times :)

nataku

Pretty sure they're being handed out for May and June purchases. That's clearly April.

They'll be in the gem store soon, I believe.

It's April 1st through June I believe.

EDIT: Specifically, it says:
Because you purchased gems through our Gem Store or via a Guild Wars 2 Gem Card at least once this spring (April 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013), please enjoy the attached gift from AreaNet. This kite will be available in the Gem Store, but we wanted you to have one for free. We really appreciate your continued support!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
[B said:
Kite[/B];70796891]These kites were made for trolling in wvw, so much fun!
ಠ_ಠ

Man I want to get back into these shenanigans so bad. Just 5 more days. I should try and log in to see if I got my kite.

edit: Dang Jira, early update...

There are a few holy shits in there, but um:

Evon:
I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year
!?
Kiel:
I’ll support important Fractals of the Mists research into the Thaumatova Reactor explosion by the end of the year
?!?!
wtf I want both of those!!!

the fall of abbadon is undoubtedly epic... and we have no idea what exactly occurred to turn the reactor into the wasteland it is now...

Both candidates are pledging a rotating mini-game schedule, haha kos

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I got two exotics last night from doing temples. Those would be the first two I got in 2014.

My luck went downhill after the precursor of 2013.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kanik apparently lives in the future, that's cool

So two new PvP activities (one is possibly the spiritual successor to the hunger royale??), a firefight mode with the Aetherblade weapons as rewards, and the election, which is sort of blown wide open with the new fractals... I still want my cheaper waypoints for a month, but damn...

edit: Initial reading looks like a lot of support has swung to Evon due to that Fractal. Dang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom