• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

Zetta

18 days to go until I can play as Venom, can't wait. Also getting the soundtrack so I can stop singing Lily, damn song is stuck in my head.

It's scattershot at this point since the game isn't in the hands of a ton of people and there aren't enough English players who have a ton of experience with the Arcade game but I'm happy (and just a bit unnerved) to see the Xrd wiki on Dustloop slowly fill up with information on characters this early before release.

Unsurprisingly the entry on Sol-Badguy is ridiculously detailed :
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sol_Badguy_(GGXRD)

But I'm also having fun going through and looking at all the various pictures of normals and reading the short synopsis on their properties for the other characters as well. Ky, Milia, Ramlethal, Pot, and Venom entries all have a decent amount of information available to them as well.

Chev

I dont know why but the game feels sluggish to me. Its feels a little clunky.
I think hitstop/hitstun is longer, and the RCs briefly stop/slow time too, which are all deliberate design decisions to make the game friendlier to new players, apparently.

Skilletor

The combos are very short, even thought the game moves at lightning speed, it's the Anime Street Fighter in that regard. Don't expect BlazBlue/Persona type combos.

One of the reasons I love GG so much is that I'm not spending 10 seconds looking at myself getting juggled.

Hupsel

The demo impressed me a lot. And you guys telling me the game isnt combo heavy? That is great. One of the few reasons Soul Calibur is the only fighting game I can actually play online
happytears.gif

The Tutorial deserves some praise. For people that are new to fighters or may not put a lot of time into them, it's going to be very helpful that they not only show you how to do moves, but also explain to you why and when you should use them. So it's not just a bunch of inputs popping up onscreen, it's basically a lesson in how to really play the game properly.

The demo impressed me a lot. And you guys telling me the game isnt combo heavy? That is great. One of the few reasons Soul Calibur is the only fighting game I can actually play online
happytears.gif
Now you will get hit by some long combos from time to time, but they are on average much shorter than a lot of other anime fighters.

"The demo impressed me a lot. And you guys telling me the game isnt combo heavy?"

I think you need to keep in mind of the context with which people are saying this. Compared to Marvel or other anime fighters, sure the game isn't combo heavy. Compared to Soul Calibur or even Street Fighter 4? The game is immensely combo heavy.

wwm0nkey

So even though we are not supposed to be pushing reserves for the holidays, Guilty Gear Xrd is on the "Recommend to people" list that we have on our counter. Never thought I would see that lol

im surprised i missed this. This gets my vote.

I'll vote for it too.

Anyone having problems with the PS4 controller for fighters? Doesn't feel as good as PS3. The longer handles are a bit less comfortable and the dpad isn't quite as good.

fader

jpn version comes out this coming Thurdsay for anyone with a jpn psn.

Anyone having problems with the PS4 controller for fighters? Doesn't feel as good as PS3. The longer handles are a bit less comfortable and the dpad isn't quite as good.

pretty much everyone has gripes about it. I personally think it's a step down from the PS3 D Pad

Gurish

Anybody are having a problem to download the demo from the US store? it starts downloading and than cancells it telling me there is an error.

Tried to download something else from the store and it worked without a problem, anyone know this?

FluxWaveZ

So whoever is creating the gaf tourney just needs to have a PS4 or pass the info to whoever does.

What's supposed to be so great about this app compared to something like Challonge?

it's more than an app. it's an integrate feature within the game to make online tournaments easier to manage such as dedicated lobby and results. the app just makes it so you do not have to be on your ps4 to set it up.

Oh, so it's an actual in-game thing as well. Got it.

fader

What's supposed to be so great about this app compared to something like Challonge?

it's more than an app. it's an integrate feature within the game to make online tournaments easier to manage such as dedicated lobby and results. the app just makes it so you do not have to be on your ps4 to set it up.

KiteGr

Shaw people streaming it on Ps4-twitch. When i pressed to send me to the store it couldnt findbit on the Eu store.

HardRojo

Demo bugged out and I think it gave me a preview of how the ps3 version is going to look. All special effects removed lmaoo.

http://youtu.be/bRKbRPz7jwc

Hahaha that looks weird as hell but nah man, you need those effects for visual confirmation. I wonder how well the PS3 version will perform when it drops, I have both consoles but only a PS3 stick, buying the game for PS4 right now would be useless, I might get it for PS3 now and double dip later when I get a PS4 stick.

fader

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";140912551]Man I can't wait until I can finally play with my girl I-No. I put like five hours into the demo and I don't even like Sol or Ky.[/QUOTE]

yeeeaaa! I-No!

I actually wanna play Ram cause I think she's a cool looking character, her normal's and playstyle. (just wish she wasn't 80% naked...)

Wonko_C

Has anyone gotten the bug where the characters look like cardboard cutouts while the screen rotates? (KO) I saw someone playing the japanese demo posted it on facebook.

zlatko

Banned
I played the demo. Love EVERYTHING about this game, but...no buy from me...yet. I just can't play fighters on a pad.

I couldn't do a shoryuken motion to save my life. :/

wwm0nkey

I played the demo. Love EVERYTHING about this game, but...no buy from me...yet. I just can't play fighters on a pad.

I couldn't do a shoryuken motion to save my life. :/
I'm hoping the JP fight pad will hopefully go on sale separately soon

I'm hoping the JP fight pad will hopefully go on sale separately soon

If you're interested in a good fightpad for the PS4, the Hori Fighting Commander 4 has been out for a few months now. We have no idea if the pack-in controller with the Xrd LE is any good.

BossRush

So I don't have a PS3 or ps4 yet but I watched the tutorial and goddamn danger time is so cool.

I don't know what system to get though. On one hand having a PS3 lets me play a whole slew of other games, on the other I don't know if I want a gimped version of GG from a technical standpoint

I thought that Sol Badguys dialogue sounded off ....like it was recorded with inferior equipment at another location or something. The volume was a bit low too for his lines.

fader

So I don't have a PS3 or ps4 yet but I watched the tutorial and goddamn danger time is so cool.

I don't know what system to get though. On one hand having a PS3 lets me play a whole slew of other games, on the other I don't know if I want a gimped version of GG from a technical standpoint

I think you are being paranoid.

The graphical quality mirrors Arcades on PS3, they added a failsafe to insure the game runs at 60 just in case. They something similar to this with Blazblue. And in any case, the failsafe only removes certain aspects to the background/stage.

Top Bottom