• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

LMN

Here a surprise, EX-S gundam have been added on the new patch, lol maybe Star build strike may have to a chance, since they only need to add the backpack.

Apharmd

Awesome! EX-S!

I'm gonna be super nerdy here and say that SBS actually has additional parts on the legs. And the backpack has nipple covers for the chest, so it may warrant even more parts changes. Plus, Build Strike had the RG system implemented along with the new backpack.

Bring on SBS though, it's a very cool design that deserves better stats in the game.

LMN

Awesome! EX-S!

I'm gonna be super nerdy here and say that SBS actually has additional parts on the legs. And the backpack has nipple covers for the chest, so it may warrant even more parts changes. Plus, Build Strike had the RG system implemented along with the new backpack.

Bring on SBS though, it's a very cool design that deserves better stats in the game.

Completely forget about that lol, but they added 3 part for full EX-S gundam, so it still possible for SBS XD

Im still waiting / hoping they will be putting my EMS-10 Zudah into the game. D:

Definitely know how you feel, I still hoping for Age FX and Fenice Rinascita =(

LMN

ex-s? hahahaaha is it as broken here as it is in Full Boost?

No, the game is designed so that all units and parts have similar stat when upgrade to the max level, so in the end all parts and build are viable. Some might have higher stat during the beginning (those with higher BBR requirement) but the stat will eventually be the same.
Speaking of Full Boost, I hope that one day NB will announce a port version of Gundam VS. to the vita lol

Bebpo

Banned
Stats may be similar but balancing doesn't seem to take into effect AoE size (like Quantum burst) or firing number of hits per attack (like with missiles). There's definitely weapons/parts way better than others of similar level.

LMN

The balancing have been much better now due to the new patch, pretty much all special EX attack got nerf pretty badly, although I agree there are still some options and weapons that are better than other, but in the end you can still used and beat game at the hardest level with any parts or any weapons you want. Dunno if you play the first game, but IMO this is one of the biggest improvement they make.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The balancing have been much better now due to the new patch, pretty much all special EX attack got nerf pretty badly, although I agree there are still some options and weapons that are better than other, but in the end you can still used and beat game at the hardest level with any parts or any weapons you want. Dunno if you play the first game, but IMO this is one of the biggest improvement they make.

The second game totally blows away the first, though the first had some nice maps also. The 2nd game some of the maps are more of a pain in the ass with poor design with how the mechanics worked such as the dumbass canyon stage with those catapults.

Also they need to tone down the effects with the suits turning colors and shit, since it gets in the way of actually seeing the models and such. Does not look actually cool outside of abilities which were actually supposed to have some sort of visual effect over the MS such as trans am.

LMN

The second game totally blows away the first, though the first had some nice maps also. The 2nd game some of the maps are more of a pain in the ass with poor design with how the mechanics worked such as the dumbass canyon stage with those catapults.

Also they need to tone down the effects with the suits turning colors and shit, since it gets in the way of actually seeing the models and such. Does not look actually cool outside of abilities which were actually supposed to have some sort of visual effect over the MS such as trans am.

Yeah the design on canyon map is indeed weird. I personally wish that some maps and missions from the 1st game return, I still remember one mission where pretty much all enemies have mega rifle type and snipe you everywhere from a far, one hit kill and brutal, but was a really fun mission as well. I did not notice the effect that much but maybe cause I playing on vita, so cant really comment on that lol.

Bebpo

Banned

tbh I don't even know if I want a balanced game because like you said it just means nerfing all of the good attacks to be average like everything else. I'm pretty happy with OP stuff destroying everything in 1 hit. It's a grind loot game, I just want the loot!

kubricks

Anyone know how to use the shield weapon on the GP02A? I thought I can get a 2nd shot of nuke apart from my atomic bazooka but when I press L after holding R nothing happens?

EDIT: Nevermind.... found out you need the arm as well.

tbh I don't even know if I want a balanced game because like you said it just means nerfing all of the good attacks to be average like everything else. I'm pretty happy with OP stuff destroying everything in 1 hit. It's a grind loot game, I just want the loot!
But if certain parts, like the GN bazooka and heavyarm's chest piece full burst attack, is extremely OP then what is the point of grinding other loot?
I'd say balancing the parts will lengthen the appeal of the game.

Kuren

Maybe this has been answered somewhere before, but how the heck do you do the Raiser Sword move? I have the burst action equipped, as well as Trans Am. Do I have to do an EX-action to do the actual Raiser Sword move? Or do I have to activate Trans Am EX-action, then activate the Raiser Sword burst to actually do the move? Do I have to upgrade my parts enough to unlock the actual Raiser Sword MOVE? I don't get it.

Shouta

Gotta be in The Burst mode or whatever by pressing R3 then hit it again to do it. Make sure you have the correct backpack and weapon for it too.

Kuren

Oh, neat. Okay I'll have to try it later and figure out how to do it on the Vita. But that makes it clearer that I don't have to equip something else to make it happen.

Parakeetman

Oh, neat. Okay I'll have to try it later and figure out how to do it on the Vita. But that makes it clearer that I don't have to equip something else to make it happen.

you need to tap the bar at the bottom of the screen when it is filled then do it again before the bar runs out

kubricks

There seems to be a new update for the game?
New patch is being downloaded right now, it stated that it is a stability patch, but are there any weapon balance alteration?

LMN

New patch is being downloaded right now, it stated that it is a stability patch, but are there any weapon balance alteration?

I refresh my page and still do not see any update, maybe your is 1.12?

Parakeetman

ill try see if there is a patch list later tonight currently unable to do so.

weird the jp page shows 1.03 for ver number that came out on the 22nd that included game balance and stability. no other details on the OHP

massoluk

Banned
So, quick questions that may have been answered already... (The 1st post left it lingering).

How does the DLC work regionwise?

I picked it up when I was in Japan in December, haven't played it yet. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle switching to Japanese store everytime I want to play this game. What am I missing by not using Japanese store?

LMN

So, quick questions that may have been answered already... (The 1st post left it lingering).

How does the DLC work regionwise?

I picked it up when I was in Japan in December, haven't played it yet. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle switching to Japanese store everytime I want to play this game. What am I missing by not using Japanese store?

No need to switching around cause the game can be play on any psn and you will still have access to all the DLC missions and suit since the DLC is patch base, the only thing you will be missing out is the "luck booster" and the download code for early access to 3 unit from gundam build fighter try (which you will eventually get later in the game)

massoluk

Banned
No need to switching around cause the game can be play on any psn and you will still have access to all the DLC missions and suit since the DLC is patch base, the only thing you will be missing out is the "luck booster" and the download code for early access to 3 unit from gundam build fighter try (which you will eventually get later in the game)

Nice, very nice. Time to open this thing up.
Thanks, for the quick reply.

So, on the off chance someone passes this topic and can answer my question:

I'm just finishing up with Gundam Breaker 1, for which I own the Asian version (not Japanese) but with Japanese audio and texts. I'm planning on moving onto Gundam Breaker 2, but I literally cannot find a similar version anywhere (Asian/Japanese).

Is there any save transfer between the two games? And if there is, will it transfer from Asian -> Japanese version?

Thanks in advance.

LMN

So, on the off chance someone passes this topic and can answer my question:

I'm just finishing up with Gundam Breaker 1, for which I own the Asian version (not Japanese) but with Japanese audio and texts. I'm planning on moving onto Gundam Breaker 2, but I literally cannot find a similar version anywhere (Asian/Japanese).

Is there any save transfer between the two games? And if there is, will it transfer from Asian -> Japanese version?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a save transfer between the two games. IIRC all of your parts and weapons( not sure about this one) will be transfer to Breaker 2 as either HG level 0/1. And you will begin the game with your current gunpla.

I can also confirm that you can transfer save from R3 Asian (Japanese version) to R2 as well since I owned both GB1 (R3 Asian Japanese version) and GB2 (R2).

Yes, there is a save transfer between the two games. IIRC all of your parts and weapons( not sure about this one) will be transfer to Breaker 2 as either HG level 0/1. And you will begin the game with your current gunpla.

I can also confirm that you can transfer save from R3 Asian (Japanese version) to R2 as well since I owned both GB1 (R3 Asian Japanese version) and GB2 (R2).

Blimey, what a fantastic response, answered all of my questions. Thank you very much!

Top Bottom