• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Bebpo

Banned
I dunno, maybe after I beat the story I'll just make cool gunpla builds even if they're shitty low level and play on the low level fun stages to have fun. I can't use like 90% of the parts I've been getting because they're pretty awful in endgame where the enemies do high damage and need to die quickly. You gotta have good builds for the final stages/challenge maps. Just changing from Lance -> 1H Sword made the difficulty jump 10x even though the 1H sword had higher DPS. And backpack-wise, the only thing I can really use besides missile backpacks like Archer/Lightning are Funnel backpacks since having an option that constantly freeze frames enemies giving you an opening to attack without getting attacked back is pretty essential. Some of the other backpacks look interesting, but it's hard to justify using backpacks that don't have a killer option attack.

Shouta

All of the parts are fairly good as long as you upgrade them. Missile backpacks rain death but are unusable in doors for example.

It's really important to upgrade defensive options to make other things work well because you'll get killed on the last two challenge maps regardless of weapon without them. A good shield with auto-guard and blowback/stumble guard is absolutely a must. Getting your physical/beam resistance up as well. If you can get a piece that you like with an I-Field or GN-Field that'll absorb damage for you too.

I haven't played many of the Challenge missions. Pretty much just played through the story mode. My current mobile suit (Mr. Gundam) is probably ridiculously overpowered for a good while.

Haven't even touched the multiplayer yet. Are they new missions? I really appreciated that you could play through the story mode in GB2 without having to recruit other people online to get through some of them.

Shouta

There aren't any new missions for multiplayer so far but the harder challenge missions are simpler with a few folks playing.

Bebpo

Banned
All of the parts are fairly good as long as you upgrade them. Missile backpacks rain death but are unusable in doors for example.

It's really important to upgrade defensive options to make other things work well because you'll get killed on the last two challenge maps regardless of weapon without them. A good shield with auto-guard and blowback/stumble guard is absolutely a must. Getting your physical/beam resistance up as well. If you can get a piece that you like with an I-Field or GN-Field that'll absorb damage for you too.

Actually Missile Backpacks work indoors too :p

If we want to be gameplay technical, the only disadvantage to missile pack options is that you can't use them in combos because there is a few second delay between when they fire up and when they rain down. Funnels have advantage here because you can tap O and fire them off while combo-ing, but they lack multiple targeting and don't attack as much as a full option range of missiles.

The advantages of missile pack options are that you can fire at a group of enemies from a distance (even while behind objects, thus blocking all incoming beam/weapon fire) and when the missiles hit they will freeze stun all enemies. Plus they do a ton of damage and can usually wipe out all grunts and completely deplete the yellow break bar on Elite/Ace units.

Shouta

ZZ's backpack, the best one of them, doesn't work indoors. lol It fires straight up and comes down on the enemy but when you have a ceiling above you, it'll just fly into the roof and explode.

In either case, they aren't as good as several main weapon types when you get the higher level stuff and the mastery skills to beef them. Virtue's GN Bazooka basically makes the missile backpacks useless.

Bebpo

Banned
ZZ's backpack, the best one of them, doesn't work indoors. lol It fires straight up and comes down on the enemy but when you have a ceiling above you, it'll just fly into the roof and explode.

In either case, they aren't as good as several main weapon types when you get the higher level stuff and the mastery skills to beef them. Virtue's GN Bazooka basically makes the missile backpacks useless.

I dunno, I have all of ZZ's parts and they sucks compared to Gundam Try Lightning's backpack, especially when upgraded.

Don't see what a Bazooka has to do with option attacks. First you launch missiles, then Bazooka attacks to maximize damage before melee attacks. It's not an either or situation.

Shouta

You waste time with by shooting the missiles. Virtue's Bazooka has unlimited ammo and shoots really unless you use Burst Mode, lol.

I'll have to try Lightning's again but ZZ's shot more missiles and had a long ammo bar as I recall but I only tried the HG version.

Bebpo

Banned
You waste time with by shooting the missiles. Virtue's Bazooka has unlimited ammo and shoots really unless you use Burst Mode, lol.

I'll have to try Lightning's again but ZZ's shot more missiles and had a long ammo bar as I recall but I only tried the HG version.

Unless Bazooka locks on, then missiles still have the advantage of hitting a big group of moving enemies. Also you can launch missiles hitting all targets in the room while boosting around at 130% boost speed dodging stuff whereas with bazooka you actually have to aim and that's not gonna be easy while boosting fast.

Bazooka is great for standing still targets (like on turrets) and for the EX attack.

I'm still finding that air dashing with X while tapping OOOOOOOO missile pack is still the most useful attack in the game. Though man, that Lancer dragoon jump is pretty amazing for quick movement, dodging everything and doing insane damage with Lance Mastery buffs and an upgraded Lance.

Shouta

You can literally just aim and spray with the Bazooka. You'll see if you end up building it but it's really nuts.

kubricks

You can literally just aim and spray with the Bazooka. You'll see if you end up building it but it's really nuts.

I have GN bazooka HG at lvl15 and it is very strong for what it is, normal attack goes through enemy and does splash damage I believe, that the EX attack is great too but to make it work you need heavyarm's body. I do however prefer the TBR because it's most damaging attack is by holding L, this saves me an EX slot for something else.

As for the backpack, missile does wonder because you can run away under fire and still does damage and fill up burst meter. How does it compare with funnel backpack like Sazabi? I have the impression they don't do much damage but is useable indoor?

Shouta

I have GN bazooka HG at lvl15 and it is very strong for what it is, normal attack goes through enemy and does splash damage I believe, that the EX attack is great too but to make it work you need heavyarm's body. I do however prefer the TBR because it's most damaging attack is by holding L, this saves me an EX slot for something else.

As for the backpack, missile does wonder because you can run away under fire and still does damage and fill up burst meter. How does it compare with funnel backpack like Sazabi? I have the impression they don't do much damage but is useable indoor?

You don't need HA's body for Virtue's Bazooka at all. I don't think it works either though because it's an energy BZ. I actually use it on Build Burning as a ranged weapon to quickly kill everything then melee the ACE units to break them up and get more drops, heh.

I should take a video of how powerful it is.

sensui-tomo

You don't need HA's body for Virtue's Bazooka at all. I don't think it works either though because it's an energy BZ. I actually use it on Build Burning as a ranged weapon to quickly kill everything then melee the ACE units to break them up and get more drops, heh.

You could also show a video of a flamethrower burning a gunpla away, and then punching it afterwards, it'll get the same point across.

kubricks

Please do lol, although I always wonder online why others are killing things so quickly haha.
By the way about your Build Burning, is that burning kick worth the investment? I am using it in conjunction with God finger, it break parts alright but not sure if it kills quick enough tho'.

Kysen

Gundam cafe 15 with the 00 gundams is ridiculous. You only need to get hit by one of their beams to get wrecked. Even worse when they chain their quantum burst attack. Playing offline the whole of our team was getting spawn camped. I think I need some anti beam gear.

kubricks

Gundam cafe 15 with the 00 gundams is ridiculous. You only need to get hit by one of their beams to get wrecked. Even worse when they chain their quantum burst attack. Playing offline the whole of our team was getting spawn camped. I think I need some anti beam gear.

I actually find it easier to play them offline where they have less hp to deal with, beam barrier from Turn-A shield really helps.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, think I'm over this. Finished the story and did a ton of the post-game missions and challenges but nothing is really that challenging and the loot is kind of boring at this point waiting to hit lvl.80-99 to get the MG version of the best parts you're already using and the best weapon build stuff. It's fun but also a bit grindy and what's the joy of getting to lvl.99 and MG verisons? You're even stronger for stuff that doesn't pose much of a challenge lol

Shouta, you're right around lvl.60 it was worth ditching the missile backpack because the damage just becomes so small it's pretty much worthless at these levels, so might as well use a more useful backpack. Went with the 00 Raiser Seven Sword backpack for Trans-am + Trans-Am Burst Awakening. Later changed to Quant version for Quanta version of both.

In the end game, Lance + Bazooka weapon + Quant shield bits + Trans-Am + Quant burst + 25%+ Lance Mastery + 5-20% Bazooka Mastery modules + 5-20% Boost+ modules= pretty much means flying around the screen mashing triangle, using EX attacks, and bursting and that pretty much destroys everything. Pretty fun but gets old after a couple of hours.

Luck boosters are reaaaaaally nice. Used the one from the first press DLC and got a ridiculous amount of drops. Wish the real game drop rate was somewhere between what it is and that. At least for weapon build plans. I think that's the definitely the worst part (besides the story and defense missions), it was pretty limiting weapon building and you'd wouldn't have the parts you need to make the weapons you want, so you'd just upgrade the one you're using. Then when you do get the parts the weapons you wanted to make are now outdated and you might as well keep upgrading your current part. My Lance was like lvl.30 something HG Lance by it kept outpacing all the new weapon builds in damage since I was constantly upgrading it, only in endgame with MG upgrades did I get a better lance.

In the end it's a decent loot game in the Gundam world. You keep playing to get stronger to fight stronger enemies and get better drops to get stronger to fight stronger enemies and get better drops etc.... and there's not much more to it besides trying out the different unique Gundam attacks and building pretty Gundams if you're into Gunpla. Better levels (like Armored Core), better balance, 60fps and a real story could make Breaker 3 a big improvement.

tensuke

Downloading the demo on Vita now, hopefully I can get this soon since I missed out on GB1. Love your OTs, Parakeetman! Thanks so much for all the resources in the OP about what the menus say etc. I've seen the gdoc but the pictures are great. Leave it to GAF to have the most useful info out there. :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Downloading the demo on Vita now, hopefully I can get this soon since I missed out on GB1. Love your OTs, Parakeetman! Thanks so much for all the resources in the OP about what the menus say etc. I've seen the gdoc but the pictures are great. Leave it to GAF to have the most useful info out there. :D

Thanks!

Am sure you will have a good ol time, really is a well made game for the most part. Drop rates aside. Still tons of parts to test out and lots of crazy things to do with the skills.

Indeed, the Gundam GAF / Import community did a fucking fantastic job helping fill the gaps with information / updates! And most def this thread could not have been what it is without everyone who has contributed.

I recently found a guide in Doc that show you where to find the materials

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lS-eFabY2U-67K9GnzvUgvgcr4HR5mZLWlNpyXciRzY/edit?pli=1#gid=0

and here is the list of module for those of us who do not know Japanese

1420093767857.png

Btw LMN can you pull up that image again. If anything when you do find it go up it to imgur or something then will fix the link.

Mugaaz

Anything compare to bazookas?

I want to try some other weapons, but everything else is total joke in comparison. GN/FN zooka hits for 400-500k, pierces, hits in an AoE, can chain stagger aces, and doesnt run out of ammo if you throttle slightly. All the other weapons I try dont do even half the damage this thing does, and they all have major drawbacks that bazookas dont. Are Bazooka totally broken or am I doing it wrong with the other weapons?

Shouta

Virtue's GN is ridiculously broken, all the bazookas are about the same as other weapons though. I think the Rifles are generally a little weaker than they should be though unless you have a gerobi/big beam version when you hold it. Long Rifles are in a similar situation but you've got the TBR which is great.

Mugaaz

Virtue's GN is ridiculously broken, all the bazookas are about the same as other weapons though. I think the Rifles are generally a little weaker than they should be though unless you have a gerobi/big beam version when you hold it. Long Rifles are in a similar situation but you've got the TBR which is great.

Even the bad bazookas seem miles ahead of any non bazooka weapon to me, whether its melee or ranged.

tensuke

Did about all I can in the demo. It was so much fun. The dendrobium fight is amazing, exactly what I want from a Gundam game. Customization is insane, can't wait for the "full package". :)

Puflwiz

Banned
So I've been meaning to get this game for my vita (mostly just so I have a game to play on my vita), but what do you guys think, should I get the PS3 version instead? And is it worth getting a whole 'nother memory card just so I can log into my japanese account on my vita? Am I just missing DLC if I don't?

LMN

So I've been meaning to get this game for my vita (mostly just so I have a game to play on my vita), but what do you guys think, should I get the PS3 version instead? And is it worth getting a whole 'nother memory card just so I can log into my japanese account on my vita? Am I just missing DLC if I don't?

The game can be play on any psn and you will still get all the DLC cause the DLC is patch base, so no need to get another memory card. I'm playing on my US psn right now =P and still have access to the DLC and play online with others. The only thing you will be missing out is the "luck booster" and the download code for early access to 3 unit from gundam build try.

Just got my PS3 copy and I'm loving the whole Musou-style gameplay with the custom suits. I've made 4 variants from the original suit and created some radical builds. I'm getting killed on the "protect the towers" mission 4 or whatever, though. :/
Also, why can't I install the Gouf gattling shield to my build? Or the Unicorn chest? :(

Parakeetman

Just got my PS3 copy and I'm loving the whole Musou-style gameplay with the custom suits. I've made 4 variants from the original suit and created some radical builds. I'm getting killed on the "protect the towers" mission 4 or whatever, though. :/
Also, why can't I install the Gouf gattling shield to my build? Or the Unicorn chest? :(

possibly you might be going over the point cost or build level is not high enough.

Puflwiz

Banned
The game can be play on any psn and you will still get all the DLC cause the DLC is patch base, so no need to get another memory card. I'm playing on my US psn right now =P and still have access to the DLC and play online with others. The only thing you will be missing out is the "luck booster" and the download code for early access to 3 unit from gundam build try.
Thanks for the info! Now any idea if I should get the vita or ps3 version?

Parakeetman

Thanks for the info! Now any idea if I should get the vita or ps3 version?

depends on what you play more on truthfully. both versions are equally solid and the media create sales shows that as its almost an even split between vers.

someone on the train next to me is playing the vita ver now actually lol

that and i have both vers also. only main difference besides some graphical is some control functionality as the vita uses the touch screen for some things to make up for the lack of buttons

redhairedking

depends on what you play more on truthfully. both versions are equally solid and the media create sales shows that as its almost an even split between vers.

someone on the train next to me is playing the vita ver now actually lol

that and i have both vers also. only main difference besides some graphical is some control functionality as the vita uses the touch screen for some things to make up for the lack of buttons

I'm in the same boat and just wanted to confirm that the DLC is in fact a patch and will work on a US PSN if I choose to go Vita.

edit: also are the Build Fighters Try DLC suits available in game?

Parakeetman

I'm in the same boat and just wanted to confirm that the DLC is in fact a patch and will work on a US PSN if I choose to go Vita.

edit: also are the Build Fighters Try DLC suits available in game?

the bft kits require a sorta high build lv to use. will be able to use gm, lightning, burning in that order as you advance in level

Got my copy today and did the first mission. Controls are gonna take a bit of getting used to (L for shoot blew my mind) but it plays mighty fine otherwise.

Are there any major things to know outside of the OP that I should be alerted to?

Parakeetman

Got my copy today and did the first mission. Controls are gonna take a bit of getting used to (L for shoot blew my mind) but it plays mighty fine otherwise.

Are there any major things to know outside of the OP that I should be alerted to?

magnet jammer will lower ranged attack power to useless levels

poison jammer drains health

minature jammer lowers all general stats i think

tensuke

Unicorn chest should be because your BBR isn't high enough. As for the gouf custom gattling shield, I had the same problem. Until I was looking at some guy's Char Gouf Custom on /r/gunpla, and I noticed the sword handle sticking out of it. Of course! It's a combined weapon/shield. So, unless the cost ends up being too high, you just need to unequip your shield, then you can equip it as the ranged weapon. It doesn't have the sword attachment, so you're free to use whatever for melee. It'll act as a shield when you hit R (or, whatever block is on ps3).

It doesn't lock on, but it's just plain cool looking.

Parakeetman

these are enemy debuffs? Good to know, regardless of how I encounter them.

they will look like little towers with a beam coming out of the top. pretty much destroy them as fast as possible. esp the poison one.

---

Saw this today on twitter lol so awesome

p0MPdPD.jpg

Top Bottom