• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My one gripe with the game is just how difficult it is to build new weapons and shields. It was not this hard in the first game. I'd just like a MG beam saber of some sort to go with my MG GM. This shot lancer sucks.

The problem is more that they made the fucking chips so random with where they drop and there is no real way of telling where they will come from without a wiki.

The materials only really become a problem when trying to push them HG grade from around 9 or 10 and the MG is pretty early one from like 2 or 3 maybe.

Agreed with what you say though.

squall23

Sorry the reply is late, but this mission is said to have dropped the Martial Mastery Converter. Finally pulled some info on it.

Frontier 1 - Mission 7 月に叢雲 花に風

mission shown in vid below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeeQsDao5Gc

Info taken from JP wiki here
http://gundambreaker2.1-point.net/frontierone7/
Yeah, I randomly got some a few days ago from that mission but thanks anyway.

Also, claws/wrestling mode is super fun.

LMN

The schedule about the next DLC mission is updated. 4 units will be release this month, from Stargazer to GP03 Stamen, so 2 DLC mission per week, not too bad I guess. Next one is coming out on the 16th, then 23th, and the 30th.

Mugaaz

So just started playing this. Is there anyway to buy a kit from the store pre-assembled? Seems like none of them come with weapons either?

Bebpo

Banned
Weapon build is devil-tier F2P bullshit.

I'm trying to play through the entire game not grinding and shelving the game when I'm forced to grind. Been doing ok so far using whatever weapons are available. Not really using my ideal setup, but constantly messing around with varied weaker setups is fun in itself. Like the only lvl.30+ weapon I could make now at lvl.45 was a lvl.38 Spear Lance so now I'm main-ing a lance and Dragon Gundam Head to go with it.

If I really want a specific build I can grind for it, but if I don't really care and use whatever I get it's working out ok. Not planning on putting 100s of hours into this one, but having fun.

Breaker 3 can definitely make weapon's easier to build/upgrade.

Shouta

So just started playing this. Is there anyway to buy a kit from the store pre-assembled? Seems like none of them come with weapons either?

You need a chip to buy it from the store. Those are dropped. They also don't come with weapons either.

The rate for weapon chips in the new patch seem kinda low, probably to push their Luck boosters but they do drop. You need to dismantle a unit before killing them to guarantee more drops when you defeat them. That gives you more chances to nab the chip.

Bebpo

Banned
My Dragon God Gundam is destroying everything omg.

Gundam Try Lightning Guy's Backpack - Shitton Homing Missiles
God Gundam Body - Hyper Mode EX
God Gundam's Legs - God Gundam's Combo Burst Attack

Dragon Lance w/1800% Melee Stat EX2 Move
Bazooka w/800% Bazooka Bombardment EX Move (I'm sure I'll get a better one later)

Everything else is less important and mainly stat pumping. Using Dragon Head/Arms for continuity.

Basically, infinite combo of high damage destruction that uses invulnerability frames and movement to basically be a win combo:

Hyper Mode ON EX -> Launch a million missiles -> EX Bazooka Fury (will connect at the same time missiles are hitting) -> Jump in the air and Dragoon Lance Radius Blast for insane damage -> This will fill L3/R3 Bar, AWAKENING -> EX Bazooka Fury -> Launch a million missiles at slow motion falling enemy -> Jump in the air Dragoon Lance EX attack -> Triangle darting back and forth lance attack -> EX Bazooka Fury -> God Burst Combo -> EX Bazooka Fury -> Dragoon Lance attack -> Launch a million missiles while dashing back -> Hyper Mode ON EX (repeat cycle)

Pretty much invincible and taking out everything outside stupid bosses that are out of range and require shot weapons. Got a good Dragon Lance & Bazooka and just been manually upgrading their damage output along with upgrading Lance & Bazooka masteries to just min-max the damage output as much as possible. Good stuff.

Also now that I'm getting MG parts, one thing I noticed right away is how HUGE the level ups are when you upgrade MG parts versus HG. An HG weapon might go from 15,000 damage -> 16,0000 damage in a level, whereas an MG weapon can go from 15,000 damage to 25,000 damage in a level. This is good because it means MG parts can all be useful no matter the part in endgame since you can level it to be as strong as other parts.

I think to get around the grind of weapon build, Breaker 3 should just have kits for sale that include the weapons for more expensive prices. Would be nice to get complete weapon sets for all the kits you want.

Parakeetman

I think to get around the grind of weapon build, Breaker 3 should just have kits for sale that include the weapons for more expensive prices. Would be nice to get complete weapon sets for all the kits you want.

The reason for the huge jump is how rare the mats are since you need to run the really high rank missions to get them.

Doubt they will change it for Breaker 3, since they still had the DLC luck boost design from the first one in 2. Which meant it made them more $$$ than complaints received about it. Am pretty sure will happen again in 3.

The positive that evens it out is the free content at least.

You need a chip to buy it from the store. Those are dropped. They also don't come with weapons either.

The rate for weapon chips in the new patch seem kinda low, probably to push their Luck boosters but they do drop. You need to dismantle a unit before killing them to guarantee more drops when you defeat them. That gives you more chances to nab the chip.

Jesus you mean lower that it already was? Btw did any of you guys who played co-op notice if the drop rates are increased? Have not played the game or anything at all this whole weekend due to mostly sleeping thanks to this fucking migraines that are not going away. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

squall23

Clearly they're following the Monster Hunter example, which is probably what Bamco is going for with this series. As a MH vet I'm already surprised and glad they sell and drop the body parts as it is.

LMN

TBH I never have problem with CAD material drop, it usually drop for me on the first or second try. Though I cannot confirm the validity of this method, however I feel that by finishing the ace unit with EX or burst attack some how increase the drop rate. Though this is before the new patch, so this method might not work anymore. On the other hand, I have more trouble with part drop, take me like 10 times to get all parts of one unit, still didn't get any strike E part...

Parakeetman

TBH I never have problem with CAD material drop, it usually drop for me on the first or second try. Though I cannot confirm the validity of this method, however I feel that by finishing the ace unit with EX or burst attack some how increase the drop rate. Though this is before the new patch, so this method might not work anymore. On the other hand, I have more trouble with part drop, take me like 10 times to get all parts of one unit, still didn't get any strike E part...

I think its more that when you nail stuff with EX or Burst is that they blow to pieces most of the time, which is why it may seem like it drops more.

Still red colored are pretty rare in general. Which are the weapon chips. Seems that certain ones have a lower drop rate

Parakeetman

Updated the GAF list.
g-gundam-o.gif

Get out there and break some shit!

QsDkbog.png

PS3
Niiro-Matsuki (Hasemo)
MichaelVash78JP (MichaelVash7886)
Distantmantra - (distantmantra)
- (Shouta)
bebpo - (Bebpo)
vgcrasher911 - (sensui-tomo)
MugaazJP - (Mugaaz)
enronjp - (Enron)

VITA
bukkage (donkey show)
amuro958 (Hagi)
Snowman3k (Jrs3000)
Kubricks163 (kubricks)
LMNXZ (LMN)
Se7enSword (Se7enSword)
GreenyMac (Greenymac)
DanDanDan03 (Roybr)

Finished the main game but I guess this whole time I've been confused about unlocking EX Actions since I've pretty much been running with the same set up.

So, to get stuff like TransAm or the different super modes, am I supposed to be making an equpping like a specific set of weapons? I get that for TransAm I'd obviously need weapons from 00. I guess me not knowing Japanese makes this harder.

LMN

Finished the main game but I guess this whole time I've been confused about unlocking EX Actions since I've pretty much been running with the same set up.

So, to get stuff like TransAm or the different super modes, am I supposed to be making an equpping like a specific set of weapons? I get that for TransAm I'd obviously need weapons from 00. I guess me not knowing Japanese makes this harder.

Most if not all super modes are either from the head part (e.g. blue destiny series & S-gundam), body part (Proto Zero, Epyon and G Gundam series), or backpack part (Mostly all OO main gundam, aside from OO Qant). So for example, if you have let say GN Drive from Kyrios, just by equipping that part will allow you to equip TransAm on the EX setup. IIRC there are indeed some specific part or weapon combination to use some EX or burst attack, but for now the only one that I can remember is Raiser sword burst attack (Raiser backpack + one hand sword) and Full Open attack burst (Combination of Heavy Arm All Part aside from the backpack IIRC)

In terms of damage, which one is higher?
Turn-A's Moonlight butterfly or 00's Quantum burst?
Dunno bout Moonlight but you pretty much can no longer kill anything with Quantum burst. Level 9 MG Qant OO body with fully upgraded ability does damage around 50,000, so I figure it quicker now to just kill thing with my twin-saber attack and Bazooka EX. The only reason to use Qant OO now is just to stay in TransAm mode all the time.

kubricks

Dunno bout Moonlight but you pretty much can no longer kill anything with Quantum burst. Level 9 MG Qant OO body with fully upgraded ability does damage around 50,000, so I figure it quicker now to just kill thing with my twin-saber attack and Bazooka EX. The only reason to use Qant OO now is just to stay in TransAm mode all the time.

Yeah sort of figured out the same.
Quantum burst got nerfed bad and Moonlight butterfly isn't doing much better either.

And I think they buff the normal attack a little? Or may be they nerf these burst attack so other attacks seems to be doing more in comparison?

Maybe I should try God gundam leg's burst attack...

Shouta

Most if not all super modes are either from the head part (e.g. blue destiny series & S-gundam), body part (Proto Zero, Epyon and G Gundam series), or backpack part (Mostly all OO main gundam, aside from OO Qant). So for example, if you have let say GN Drive from Kyrios, just by equipping that part will allow you to equip TransAm on the EX setup. IIRC there are indeed some specific part or weapon combination to use some EX or burst attack, but for now the only one that I can remember is Raiser sword burst attack (Raiser backpack + one hand sword) and Full Open attack burst (Combination of Heavy Arm All Part aside from the backpack IIRC)

Heavy Arms Full Open Attack is just the body piece and then any part with solid ammo weapon. The trick is to equip the attack to your option cross-bar to make it a part of the Burst attack.

LMN

Yeah sort of figured out the same.
Quantum burst got nerfed bad and Moonlight butterfly isn't doing much better either.

And I think they buff the normal attack a little? Or may be they nerf these burst attack so other attacks seems to be doing more in comparison?

Maybe I should try God gundam leg's burst attack...

TBH I did not notice any damage difference for normal attack, all I know that its freaking hard now to do gundam cafe 15 from all the EX nerf lol. Try once after the patch and got wipe out even though I spam EX attack left and right.

Heavy Arms Full Open Attack is just the body piece and then any part with solid ammo weapon. The trick is to equip the attack to your option cross-bar to make it a part of the Burst attack.

Woah, didn't know that before, thanks for the info :), gotta try it with V2 leg.

Parakeetman

I still need to get back into the game. Since it sounds like I can do other more interesting builds, instead of just killing shit with the God Gundam for resources I need for those other builds.

Today am lying here dead on the floor sick as a dog all while giving myself a worse headache using the internet lol...

Yeah not the smartest thing to do.

LMN

I still need to get back into the game. Since it sounds like I can do other more interesting builds, instead of just killing shit with the God Gundam for resources I need for those other builds.

Today am lying here dead on the floor sick as a dog all while giving myself a worse headache using the internet lol...

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon, and not need to rush the game. The next DLC mission will come out this Friday, save your energy for now so you have enough strength to grind for F91 part on Friday.

kubricks

Is this how it works?
No wonder others are doing silly high damage with the full open attack from Heavy arms! I tried but I did not equip the missile options to the option attack, and the damage sucks, duh. ;/

Does this work with Strike Freedom's full burst attack, but instead associate with beam weapons?

kubricks

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon, and not need to rush the game. The next DLC mission will come out this Friday, save your energy for now so you have enough strength to grind for F91 part on Friday.

Wait.... they added F91?!
V.S.B.R. HELL YEAH!

Take care and get well soon!

Parakeetman

Thanks folks, merrily sitting here drugged up and seeing how long Ill stay awake for lol.

Im looking forward to the duel gundam assault shroud on the 23rd. Gonna make some sort of weird GM variant with parts from it lol

This weeks F-91 looks like this (16th release)

Speaking of the F-91 anyone remember this game on the super famicon? Used to play the shit out of it back in the days. I still have my copy back in the US boxed up most likely.

From a translated rom, was the first video that came up in a search
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjpAY0OWuHM

kubricks

Speaking of the F-91 anyone remember this game on the super famicon? Used to play the shit out of it back in the days. I still have my copy back in the US boxed up most likely.

This is my childhood LOL.
I remember rushing to my frd's home after school so I can play this game for a bit.

For once the gundams are in real proportion not SD!

Parakeetman

This is my childhood LOL.
I remember rushing to my frd's home after school so I can play this game for a bit.

For once the gundams are in real proportion not SD!

I had that game and the SD G-Next? also, this one the weird massive looking cartridge that had an extra slot for the expansion content.

$T2eC16JHJH8FHRQ9V-DgBSBysmstq!~~60_35.JPG

We used to Atomic Bazooka / colony drop the fuck out of each other in multiplayer, so we had to make the anti-nuclear treaty. Was hilarious.

Mugaaz

Quick questions.

1. Gray texted items in mission rewards are parts you already have, right?
1a. Why do I get a lot of BBR exp from some missions where I got all grey items? I thought you only get exp from new parts and leveling parts.
2. What is the meaning behind some of the item drops being white/blue/red text?

LMN

Quick questions.

1. Gray texted items in mission rewards are parts you already have, right?
1a. Why do I get a lot of BBR exp from some missions where I got all grey items? I thought you only get exp from new parts and leveling parts.
2. What is the meaning behind some of the item drops being white/blue/red text?

1) Yes, and those parts will be converted to material
2) I believe you always get BBR exp for completing the mission regardless if you get new part or not, Im not really sure on this one though
3) I believe the color indicate the rarity and the type of the drop, white being common, red being rare, the yellow are medium, and IIRC blue is ability/converter type drop.

Parakeetman

1) Yes, and those parts will be converted to material
2) I believe you always get BBR exp for completing the mission regardless if you get new part or not, Im not really sure on this one though
3) I believe the color indicate the rarity and the type of the drop, white being common, red being rare, the yellow are medium, and IIRC blue is ability/converter type drop.

Im curious if when items you already have obtained become turned into resources that you get BBR for that.

Yeah Red seems to be the rare parts and Yellow is middle of the road.

Shouta

Is this how it works?
No wonder others are doing silly high damage with the full open attack from Heavy arms! I tried but I did not equip the missile options to the option attack, and the damage sucks, duh. ;/

Does this work with Strike Freedom's full burst attack, but instead associate with beam weapons?

Yeah, it works for all missile/gatling type weaponry but you have to equip the option attack for it to work. You're given more spots that correspond to the analog stick for this. You never have to use them, just have them equipped.

For reference my HA build fully takes advantage of this.

Alex Head
HA body
Alex Arms
V2 Assault Legs
ZZ Backpack

I had a gatling gun before but I switched to Gundam Virtue's GN Bazooka which is the most OP weapon in the game currently.

Strike Freedom/Freedom/Justice's Full Burst from the backpack works the same as HA but with Beam weapons or Railgun type weapons. It's particularly hilarious with Bearguy III's head, lol.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
How do I start a mission? After playing the initial mission I can't figure it out.

kubricks

Was helping some low lvls online and got a Shotgun M-CAD from Island Iffish Mission 6! FINALLY! I just need one more to make that damn MG-shotgun I always wanted!

I had that game and the SD G-Next? also, this one the weird massive looking cartridge that had an extra slot for the expansion content.

$T2eC16JHJH8FHRQ9V-DgBSBysmstq!~~60_35.JPG

We used to Atomic Bazooka / colony drop the fuck out of each other in multiplayer, so we had to make the anti-nuclear treaty. Was hilarious.

Oh yeah! I (and my cousins) have been following the whole series since NES days!
The last enjoyable one is the one you posted, the SD Gundam G-Next, I even bought those small add on cartridges! In retrospect this is the earliest from of DLC? XD
The franchise was ruin imo when they step into the PS era, that 3D one on PS1 plays horribly...

Talk about SD games, our absolute favourite is the SD last battle series.
Great%20Battle%20II,%20The%20-%20Last%20Fighter%20Twin%20%28J%29.png

kubricks

Yeah, it works for all missile/gatling type weaponry but you have to equip the option attack for it to work. You're given more spots that correspond to the analog stick for this. You never have to use them, just have them equipped.

For reference my HA build fully takes advantage of this.

Alex Head
HA body
Alex Arms
V2 Assault Legs
ZZ Backpack

I had a gatling gun before but I switched to Gundam Virtue's GN Bazooka which is the most OP weapon in the game currently.

Strike Freedom/Freedom/Justice's Full Burst from the backpack works the same as HA but with Beam weapons or Railgun type weapons. It's particularly hilarious with Bearguy III's head, lol.

Thanks! I think I am gonna try;

TBR
ZZ head
Strike freedom body
Tallgeese arms
Strike freedom backpack

Now I need a leg that has beam sub weapon.... hm....

Getting to the point on Iffish where more MG parts are dropping. Weapon selection (currently alternating between OG Gundam beam saber and Exia's sword) is still bare bones, but it's working.

Shouta

You'll start getting more weapons but do remember that certain ones can't be made unless you develop them through the scratch option like Hi-Nu's Mega Rifle or the Beam Smart Gun from Zeta Plus C1 or whatever.

You'll start getting more weapons but do remember that certain ones can't be made unless you develop them through the scratch option like Hi-Nu's Mega Rifle or the Beam Smart Gun from Zeta Plus C1 or whatever.

Yep, I've been checking scratch build options following missions.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah I get a the right drops to make a new weapon like every 10 missions or so. Pretty rare. I want Exia's GN Sword :(

Bebpo

Banned
Actually after getting a 1H sword, I'm finding them pretty awful for endgame. Too many misses.

Basically at the last few challenge/story missions before post-game content my Lance/Bazooka/Missiles setup is doing insanely well. The Lance is so good because if you only use the triangle attack it darts back and forth keeping you moving at large distances so you avoid like 95% of all incoming attacks. Plus when you first do it, it shoots you towards the enemy quickly AND its EX attack covers large ground, gets you out of the way, and smashes down in a huge radius explosion for high damage to juggle the opponent. In a L3+R3 awakening you can pretty much do that to lift the enemy, then juggle them with just hitting triangle darting while mixing up bazooka EX attacks and option missile, funnels or beams.

Not sure how much I'm going to bother with post-game content. Game is fun but it's basically a never ending slow grind of ~1 level per stage until you hit lvl.99. Might just shelve in next time I play after I beat the story and all the challenge maps. Definitely got my money's worth out of the import by this point and I'll be there for Breaker 3.

Bebpo

Banned
BBR rank goes up faster the more you upgrade your unit so you can easily get up to 99 no prob.

Wait, what. You can increase your XP gain? Explain. I thought it just depended on how many battle points you get per map and it's usually about 100,000 which is ~1 level per map.

Shouta

Your BBR goes up as you do upgrades through scratch, or develop new parts, or make new weapons. It isn't only through finishing maps. Didn't you notice it go up when you did that stuff? lol

Bebpo

Banned
Your BBR goes up as you do upgrades through scratch, or develop new parts, or make new weapons. It isn't only through finishing maps. Didn't you notice it go up when you did that stuff? lol

Oh, that's hardly anything though. I'm constantly building weapons and upgrading all my parts through scratch and each upgrade raises the level like 10-15%. Doesn't really make much of a difference. Still about 1 level every 10-15 mins. I'm lvl.59 right now. Waiting to hit 61 so I can replace my current lance with AGE-2 Crossbone's Lance MG and upgrade the shit out of it.

Shouta

Once you get the material and do a bunch of upgrades, you can go up several levels really fast. In fact, most of your levels will be from that eventually as you strengthen your gunpla. Doing maps + strengthening will really speed up your leveling fast, at least 2x

Top Bottom