• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
List updated

QsDkbog.png

PS3
Niiro-Matsuki (Hasemo)
MichaelVash78JP (MichaelVash7886)
Distantmantra - (distantmantra)
- (Shouta)
bebpo - (Bebpo)
vgcrasher911 - (sensui-tomo)

VITA
bukkage (donkey show)
amuro958 (Hagi)
Snowman3k (Jrs3000)
Kubricks163 (kubricks)
LMNXZ (LMN)
Se7enSword (Se7enSword)
GreenyMac (Greenymac)

Parakeetman

Where the hell do I find gatling materials. Ive been trying for like 2 days to get them but no luck.

Not sure which one you are looking for but the beam gattling is a rare drop from Hobby Shop 6 / Unicorn Gundam. Most likely the HG version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just sold this game to a co-worker who's a huge Gundam fan. This was not for me. Better than the crappy demo I played of Breaker 1? Yes, but it still felt like a toned-down version of Gundam Musou that runs at a worse frame rate.

Not done with Gundam, though- I promptly ordered Full Boost Extreme.

LMN

Almost at the end of the story now, but having so much fun just grinding for material and creating new weapons and parts. Is there a way to view/tell option's attack power? and is there a way to upgrade the attack power aside from leveling up the part?

Shouta

You just gotta level it up to level up the base attack. The primary weapons can have their attack go up based on what mastery skills you have but those don't affect your option weapons in parts.

LMN

You just gotta level it up to level up the base attack. The primary weapons can have their attack go up based on what mastery skills you have but those don't affect your option weapons in parts.

I see, thanks for the answer, I keep leveling up Crossbone arm to level 8 so that the beam tonfa option become more usable, yet still cant compare to seven sword level 1 option attack power lol.

LMN

Sorry for double post, but can someone explain to me about build burning leg EX? Heard many ppl mentioned it, but the damage seem pale compare to normal EX attack, even though I already increase the ability version level to make it do 1000%+, same with V2 and Age 2 bullet wing of light, or did I do something wrong?

Edit: @Shouta I will give it a try then, thanks

Luigi87

Finally got the game today. Suddenly two hours slipped by @_@

Game certainly can make one fangasm. Took me a while to figure out you have to hold Start to begin missions, or Square when interacting with things, but I'm slowly getting the controls down. Really enjoying the game, and can't wait until I unlock more parts and get my builder level up so I can actually use them.

Edit: Also the title screen them is like... really awesome. It reminds me of something I'd hear in a Marvel Studios movie or something.

Parakeetman

Finally got the game today. Suddenly two hours slipped by @_@

Game certainly can make one fangasm. Took me a while to figure out you have to hold Start to begin missions, or Square when interacting with things, but I'm slowly getting the controls down. Really enjoying the game, and can't wait until I unlock more parts and get my builder level up so I can actually use them.

Edit: Also the title screen them is like... really awesome. It reminds me of something I'd hear in a Marvel Studios movie or something.

Yeah time can really pass quick with the game. Just love the various combinations with parts and such. Something that was really lacking with the first title.

Luigi87

Yeah time can really pass quick with the game. Just love the various combinations with parts and such. Something that was really lacking with the first title.

That's pretty much why I passed on the first game. Didn't read the best impressions, but this thread convinced me to pick this one up.

Since I don't know Japanese I'm realizing my phone is a godsend. I'm just holding Google Translate app up to the screen when there's an option that I can't figure out, and just let it translate it. It's surprisingly effective!

Parakeetman

Since I don't know Japanese I'm realizing my phone is a godsend. I'm just holding Google Translate app up to the screen when there's an option that I can't figure out, and just let it translate it. It's surprisingly effective!

thats some star trek shit right there lol pretty awesome.

glad that you are enjoying the title though!

Parakeetman

Strike Freedom backpack
Tallgeese Arms
ZZ Head

BEAMS BEAMS BEAMS BEAAAAMMMMMMSSS

Pretty much air-combo forever right there. Wanna come back down? Nap *BEEEEEAM*

Im curious how the Zeong arms are. Need to try that out.

Greenymac

That's pretty much why I passed on the first game. Didn't read the best impressions, but this thread convinced me to pick this one up.

Dude I was just wishing I could reas this stuff in the menus and how to stuff. Hope this works for me next time I play. I just feel like Im gonna miss something

Any suggestions on that first space mission where you have to destroy the Dominion? I'm getting wrecked. Got really close to destroying it, but still ended up losing.

LMN

Any suggestions on that first space mission where you have to destroy the Dominion? I'm getting wrecked. Got really close to destroying it, but still ended up losing.

I usually use machine gun or Bazooka EX level 2 against big boss as I feel that the most effective way to kill it, so I suggest go with either of that. Also don't forget to have both healing EX and healing Option in the mission as well, those two will definitely help you a lot.

Parakeetman

I just kept getting up in its face going all out with my missiles and EX MG skill. Was using the Blue Destiny build that you saw in my other vids.

kubricks

Can anyone tell me where to get the Wing's Buster Rifle MCAD?
I have been Gundam Cafing 13 all night killing Wing/Zero but got nothing. ;/

I don't want to upgrade my current HG GN bazooka (@levl 15 dping 50K dmg) but then I have no better choice and the damage sucks. Right now relying on MG ZZ-backpack missiles and MG-The O leg for damage, but it just wan't killing things quick enough. ;(
(Dat The-O leg tho', option weapon breaks parts extremely quick and it travels fast!)

If they ever issue a patch, I think they need some kind of weapon balancing, the shotgun does almost no damage compare to other weapons of similar grade/level...

EDIT:
Are there any good GB2 japanese wiki?
I found a few but they are not very active, nor does it have enough information.

Parakeetman

Can anyone tell me where to get the Wing's Buster Rifle MCAD?
I have been Gundam Cafing 13 all night killing Wing/Zero but got nothing. ;/

I don't want to upgrade my current HG GN bazooka (@levl 15 dping 50K dmg) but then I have no better choice and the damage sucks. Right now relying on MG ZZ-backpack missiles and MG-The O leg for damage, but it just wan't killing things quick enough. ;(
(Dat The-O leg tho', option weapon breaks parts extremely quick and it travels fast!)

If they ever issue a patch, I think they need some kind of weapon balancing, the shotgun does almost no damage compare to other weapons of similar grade/level...

EDIT:
Are there any good GB2 japanese wiki?
I found a few but they are not very active, nor does it have enough information.

Not really, whatever I linked here in the OT was it. Asides from that its combing through data on your own using keywords to pull up hits.

No idea why but yeah the wikiscene for this title is pretty fail at the moment. Most JP wikis are a fucking mess too. I generally hate the formatting most use. Weird considering how large of a fanbase gundam has in general.

One thing Ill say though is that the game does not seem to drop weapon chips from the actual physical unit you are fighting. Seems like its randomized. The rare rewards since Ive gotten stuff not even related to the unit Im fighting a bunch of times. So kinda makes the whole searching for weapon chips harder.

http://www64.atwiki.jp/gundam_breaker2/pages/188.html

カフェ13 : WEW : バスターライフルM W : ザンバスターM プロトゼロ : GNソードv H ゼロEW : ガーベラストレートM 模型店15 : ガンダム : ヒートロッドM ビルドバーニング : ラジエーターシールドM パフェガン : アームドアーマDE M ターンA :ヒートアックスM カフェ15 OOR : ディバインダーM エクシア: ビームマシンガンM 7剣 : エピオンシールド クアンタ : ターンAシールド 模型店13 デュナメス ピーコックM エクシア ターンAサーベルM ヴァーチェ ユニコーンサーベルM キュリオス ターンAライフルM 模型店14 マスター ハイパービームジャベリンM ゴッド カレッドウルフM カフェ14 タイガーピアスM ビームシザースM - 名無しさん 2014-12-22 01:56:21

looks like you are in the right place though Cafe 13. Just must be a real rare drop perhaps.

---

Seems like the MG version of the shotgun might be in Hobby Shop 15. Ill have to look into that.

kubricks

Not really, whatever I linked here in the OT was it. Asides from that its combing through data on your own using keywords to pull up hits.

No idea why but yeah the wikiscene for this title is pretty fail at the moment. Most JP wikis are a fucking mess too. I generally hate the formatting most use. Weird considering how large of a fanbase gundam has in general.

One thing Ill say though is that the game does not seem to drop weapon chips from the actual physical unit you are fighting. Seems like its randomized. The rare rewards since Ive gotten stuff not even related to the unit Im fighting a bunch of times. So kinda makes the whole searching for weapon chips harder.

http://www64.atwiki.jp/gundam_breaker2/pages/188.html

カフェ13 : WEW : バスターライフルM W : ザンバスターM プロトゼロ : GNソードv H ゼロEW : ガーベラストレートM 模型店15 : ガンダム : ヒートロッドM ビルドバーニング : ラジエーターシールドM パフェガン : アームドアーマDE M ターンA :ヒートアックスM カフェ15 OOR : ディバインダーM エクシア: ビームマシンガンM 7剣 : エピオンシールド クアンタ : ターンAシールド 模型店13 デュナメス ピーコックM エクシア ターンAサーベルM ヴァーチェ ユニコーンサーベルM キュリオス ターンAライフルM 模型店14 マスター ハイパービームジャベリンM ゴッド カレッドウルフM カフェ14 タイガーピアスM ビームシザースM - 名無しさん 2014-12-22 01:56:21

looks like you are in the right place though Cafe 13. Just must be a real rare drop perhaps.

---

Seems like the MG version of the shotgun might be in Hobby Shop 15. Ill have to look into that.

Oh shit.... will try harder online tonight.
Thanks man.

Parakeetman

Oh shit.... will try harder online tonight.
Thanks man.

By the way not sure how much it helps but fully deck out yourself with the luck up chips. Since I imagine you are not using those DLC luck boosters. So thats the next best thing you can do to attempt to raise your chances of rare drops. Since this game using multiple chips of something stacks effects, should be good to go by equipping multiple. Its what I do also.

kubricks

By the way not sure how much it helps but fully deck out yourself with the luck up chips. Since I imagine you are not using those DLC luck boosters. So thats the next best thing you can do to attempt to raise your chances of rare drops. Since this game using multiple chips of something stacks effects, should be good to go by equipping multiple. Its what I do also.

I already have the luck chip (2 slots) and luck chip + (3 slots) with me, I guess I just hit a string of bad luck. Oh well.

I find the wiki situation very strange too. Quite often for these MH-type games the database will establish very quickly, but this time I failed to find a good one at all and we are talking about Gundam here..... hell, even "Tales of" games had better support.

What is going on? ;-/

Parakeetman

I already have the luck chip (2 slots) and luck chip + (3 slots) with me, I guess I just hit a string of bad luck. Oh well.

I find the wiki situation very strange too. Quite often for these MH-type games the database will establish very quickly, but this time I failed to find a good one at all and we are talking about Gundam here..... hell, even "Tales of" games had better support.

What is going on? ;-/

Not sure. Even the niche titles I play have more filled out databases. Could be that this one is just so much work that no one has taken the time to do it yet. Everyone is still too busy kitbashing lol

Enron

Banned
Pretty pleased with this. V2AB legs, ZZ head, Proto Zero body, TG arms, Strike Freedom pack, TBR, and X Divider shield. Gerobi4dayz

UdbKe5Q.jpg

EDOQQYI.jpg

squall23

Does anybody know what mission drops a Martial Arts converter? Because good lord, Epyon arms need it for the claw mode.

kubricks

Have been playing all night and still couldn't get M-CAD for Buster rifle, fuck that shit lol. ;/

Not that it matters anymore tho', with ZZ head's max mega beam canon and The-O leg's option cyclone attack, plus ZZ's backpack missile to charge up for Turn-A's max Moonlight Butterfly... I am able to cycle through these attack without the need to actually shoot or slash with my beam saber anyway.

If they will release a patch at some point or create GB3, I hope they balance the parts better. ZZ's head is just hilariously OP.

Parakeetman

Have been playing all night and still couldn't get M-CAD for Buster rifle, fuck that shit lol. ;/

Not that it matters anymore tho', with ZZ head's max mega beam canon and The-O leg's option cyclone attack, plus ZZ's backpack missile to charge up for Turn-A's max Moonlight Butterfly... I am able to cycle through these attack without the need to actually shoot or slash with my beam saber anyway.

If they will release a patch at some point or create GB3, I hope they balance the parts better. ZZ's head is just hilariously OP.

The beams are kinda weird since there are useful ones and for some reason totally useless ones. Then the weird issue is the game counts even if you do a quick tap barely fire the beam then try to shoot again it thinks you did a full burst so basically the bar becomes drained.

Yeah the red chips are stupid rare with the drops. They are trying to push that luck booster sale a bit too much I think. But at the same time guess they figure its the only other way they can make up for the free content releases.

Still though at least in this game there are way too many parts to be able to try to combine everything to just make cool looking MSes lol

Roybr

Tomorrow i will download the vita version, cant wait to play it.
My first japanese game, gonna be so lost.
I will add vita bros soon.

I've just reached the point where I'm starting to get MG stuff, but I'm getting thrashed in these stages. Should I just grind out the stages to increase BR while getting materials for upgrading?

LMN

I've just reached the point where I'm starting to get MG stuff, but I'm getting thrashed in these stages. Should I just grind out the stages to increase BR while getting materials for upgrading?

Yep, just like what Donkey show say, but only EX attack and not the specific part level, Cause there is currently a bug where if the part with special EX attack level up, the attack of that special EX will decrease (IIRC it MG part only). My level 1 MG Build Burning Leg special is still doing 999,999 attack damage lol.

Start leveling up unit specific EX attacks. So many of them are OP.

Yep, just like what Donkey show say, but only EX attack and not the specific part level, Cause there is currently a bug where if the part with special EX attack level up, the attack of that special EX will decrease (IIRC it MG part only). My level 1 MG Build Burning Leg special is still doing 999,999 attack damage lol.
Thanks! How can I tell which ones are the unit specific attack?

LMN

Thanks! How can I tell which ones are the unit specific attack?

You can tell by looking at the part's ability, if there is "EX" in there, then it have specific attack. I have Vita version so not sure about PS3, but when you're in the setup: assemble menu, press select, it will show the part's data, then touch the screen to switch palette around until the part's ability shows up.

You can tell by looking at the part's ability, if there is "EX" in there, then it have specific attack. I have Vita version so not sure about PS3, but when you're in the setup: assemble menu, press select, it will show the part's data, then touch the screen to switch palette around until the part's ability shows up.

Thanks again. Gonna look into it when I get home. I'm still learning things about this game!

sensui-tomo

looks like the update is up, havent played yet, but heard its balance stuff and Stability
always love these updates
and something with burst being fixed.

Top Bottom