• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 2 - |OT| - JIGEN HAOH RYU GUNDAM BREAKER 2!

looks like the update is up, havent played yet, but heard its balance stuff and Stability
always love these updates
and something with burst being fixed.

Yep, just like what Donkey show say, but only EX attack and not the specific part level, Cause there is currently a bug where if the part with special EX attack level up, the attack of that special EX will decrease (IIRC it MG part only). My level 1 MG Build Burning Leg special is still doing 999,999 attack damage lol.
RIP in peace

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
ill have to check that later work has been killer keeping me busy (´・ω・`)

LMN

Quantum Burst got significantly nerf even with 2000%+, I really have to level up part now.

Edit: The new update also substantially decrease the material require for part and weapon upgrade

Parakeetman

should be a good month with some of the extra content coming out. need to check the ohp again.

Bebpo

Banned
How do you get module slots? I'm like builder lvl.17, on the 3rd mission of the desert area and I have 3 modules but can't equip them because I still have 0 slots.

Game is definitely growing on me. Don't think it's great, but the fanservice is good and it's a very nice gunpla building game. Being able to buy all the real world kits is very cool.

Shouta

You upgrade your parts to get module slots. The higher the level the more likely they'll have some.

Bebpo

Banned
You upgrade your parts to get module slots. The higher the level the more likely they'll have some.

Ah shit, I keep just switching out parts to the new parts I get. Haven't really upgraded anything since I keep getting new and better parts from level drops and buying HG kits.

Which parts should I upgrade to get module slots? Like are there specific groups (Body/Backpack) that tend to get module slots on upgrade?

Yeah, you upgrade the parts unlike the first game where you just kept swapping old and busted out for new hotness.

Edit: The new update also substantially decrease the material require for part and weapon upgrade

Does it make weapon building easier? That shits annoying.

LMN

Does it make weapon building easier? That shits annoying.

If it for weapon building only, then yes, material requirement is a lot lower, though I believe the CAD require is still the same (e.g. Destiny anti-ship sword for requirement for normal material now only need 2 or 4 each instead of let say 20 to 40, while you still need 2 Anti ship Sword CAD ).
However, if u mean including upgrading part and weapon then, Yes and no, unfortunately in exchange for lower material requirement, they significantly increase GP cost for upgrade. To give you an example, its cost 900000 to upgrade MG OO Qant Body Part from LV 9 to LV10

Shouta

Ah shit, I keep just switching out parts to the new parts I get. Haven't really upgraded anything since I keep getting new and better parts from level drops and buying HG kits.

Which parts should I upgrade to get module slots? Like are there specific groups (Body/Backpack) that tend to get module slots on upgrade?

All parts get some modules but I thnk the head gets the most and then the backpack?

Everything can be upgraded and it usually allows the weaker pieces to compete with the higher level ones. So feel free to stick with certain designs if you enjoy them until they stop working.

The game is more about building and upgrading your units than it is fighting so you should enjoy that aspect as much as possible.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok I'm having fun. Really like GN Archer's missile option. Using that and Burning Build's punches. Need to find a good gun I like though. I liked the fast twin pistols but damage output-wise they got outclassed pretty quick and upgrading them only gave small damage upgrades. Zeong head was nice, but Bearguy's head is even better for FACE BEAM. Just using the body because any other body on bearguy looks weird.

15606406364_b251b2554d_b.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Hmm, finally took a look at the list of units in this game and kind of disappointed at some of the missing stuff. Also the DLC is weird because saving some major units like Gundam DX and Turn-X for so far down the line makes it seem like it's better to not play the game really until all the units are out so you have more parts to work with.

But pretty bummed there's Try units but there's no Star Build Strike and surprised AGE is incomplete with no AGE-III or that final AGE upgrade. Guess they gotta save some stuff for Breaker 3.

Parakeetman

Hmm, finally took a look at the list of units in this game and kind of disappointed at some of the missing stuff. Also the DLC is weird because saving some major units like Gundam DX and Turn-X for so far down the line makes it seem like it's better to not play the game really until all the units are out so you have more parts to work with.

But pretty bummed there's Try units but there's no Star Build Strike and surprised AGE is incomplete with no AGE-III or that final AGE upgrade. Guess they gotta save some stuff for Breaker 3.

you have got to be kidding me when the list is as large and varied as it already is you still are not satisfied? there is already more than enough parts as is without the dlc.

sensui-tomo

you have got to be kidding me when the list is as large and varied as it already is you still are not satisfied? there is already more than enough parts as is without the dlc.

The only part i'd have an issue with is all the MSV zakus that count as part of the units(200 count or something right?), i mean we could take char's unit and make it a darker shade of red to make it johnny ridden's or white to make matsunaga's, and those 2 pieces could have been other grunts from other games... or more G gundam units (or hell seed or any other unit) but alas we still have a good variety .

Shouta

Well, I'd generally agree with Bebpo. It's a little disappointing that they don't have some big units or are delaying some to be free DLC. i think they should have focused on getting the big ones from each series in first then get the variants in from there.

DX is DLC, There's Justice but no Infinite Justice? no AGE-III, what about Airmaster and Leopard? etc etc

Parakeetman

Well, I'd generally agree with Bebpo. It's a little disappointing that they don't have some big units or are delaying some to be free DLC. i think they should have focused on getting the big ones from each series in first then get the variants in from there.

DX is DLC, There's Justice but no Infinite Justice? no AGE-III, what about Airmaster and Leopard? etc etc

It more looks like they tried to pull as many units from various series as they could, but went with the more popular ones instead of trying to bring out the whole lineup from each series.

I was still more surprised that they did not have in the Zaku Amazing.

Enron

Banned
It more looks like they tried to pull as many units from various series as they could, but went with the more popular ones instead of trying to bring out the whole lineup from each series.

I was still more surprised that they did not have in the Zaku Amazing.

There's plenty of parts in the game as it is. I ain't mad

LMN

Apparently DLC mission is up (I have to reset the game for it to appear), thanks god it patch base cause I'm using my US PSN account. I hope they continue using this patch method for the rest of the DLC mission and for the sequel as well.

I'm pretty sure this game is going to be the end of my life. All I can think about is trying to get parts for that next build. Thanks to the tips from this thread I'm getting through the harder stages and racking up MG parts. I think this might be my favorite Gundam game so far next to Full Boost.

Parakeetman

Does anybody know what mission drops a Martial Arts converter? Because good lord, Epyon arms need it for the claw mode.

Sorry the reply is late, but this mission is said to have dropped the Martial Mastery Converter. Finally pulled some info on it.

Frontier 1 - Mission 7 月に叢雲 花に風

mission shown in vid below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeeQsDao5Gc

Info taken from JP wiki here
http://gundambreaker2.1-point.net/frontierone7/

-------

This guy seems to do pretty good vids. (*Note music is not original music in game. He seems to be an Armored Core fan too)

Unrelated to but different vid pretty cool build!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf8Bz4pjbFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXqW7uLBkrw

--------

Its funny how out of all the OTs Ive done this one has the most information and lot of it is thanks to the Gundam GAF / GAF import community here. Looking back at it all now the first 2 posts with the combined information dear god lol.

Big thanks again to all those here in the community who helped make this thread a huge success!
Kamille+-+donkey+show+on+neogaf.com.gif

Roybr

Thanks to gaf ive been able to play this game.
Been a while since a game hooked me this much, cant stop playing.
When i finish the single player i will add you guys. My PSN is DanDanDan03 and i have the Vita version.

Parakeetman

Thanks to gaf ive been able to play this game.
Been a while since a game hooked me this much, cant stop playing.
When i finish the single player i will add you guys. My PSN is DanDanDan03 and i have the Vita version.

Adding you to the list now.

List updated 01/10/2015
QsDkbog.png

PS3
Niiro-Matsuki (Hasemo)
MichaelVash78JP (MichaelVash7886)
Distantmantra - (distantmantra)
Reiahl - (Shouta)
bebpo - (Bebpo)
vgcrasher911 - (sensui-tomo)

VITA
bukkage (donkey show)
amuro958 (Hagi)
Snowman3k (Jrs3000)
Kubricks163 (kubricks)
LMNXZ (LMN)
Se7enSword (Se7enSword)
GreenyMac (Greenymac)
DanDanDan03 (Roybr)

kubricks

I am loving this new update so far, I have put down the game for TOH:R but now I am hooked again!

The balances are really welcome, they made upgrade and weapon build much cheaper, nerf some parts specific EXs making it much less OP, which allows for more diversity and working builds. It is nice not to absolutely need the ZZ head or Turn-A's body. I think they also buff the normal weapon damage and make some burst attack (Satallite beam / God Gundam's Hadoken) tracks enemy, no more long ass animation then miss everything.

LOVE IT!

Bebpo

Banned
When you're in super mode L3+R3, is there any SUPER FINISHING ATTACK kind of thing you can do or is it just bigger square/triangle attacks & faster shooting with faster EX attack recharge speed?

Parakeetman

When you're in super mode L3+R3, is there any SUPER FINISHING ATTACK kind of thing you can do or is it just bigger square/triangle attacks & faster shooting with faster EX attack recharge speed?

Bebpo when you activate the mode using L3 R3 while there is still a bar active you can press L3 R3 again and do a stronger attack which uses up the rest of the gauge.
*Hang on looking if any of my footage has an example I think it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouGnBOr8Ys#t=151

If this link works watch when my weapon turns into a giant beam sword basically. The effect of using L3 R3 while in the super mode will slightly change depending on the melee weapon. Like the axe is different from the beam saber for example. Pretty useful for squeezing out a bit more extra damage right before the bar runs out.

Bebpo

Banned
Finally got to the part where I gotta grind :(

I'm lvl.31 and to make any of the good lvl.27-35 weapons I need this stuff:

低質強化プラスチック

But I have no idea where to get it. Been doing missions and haven't got a single one of those.

Parakeetman

Finally got to the part where I gotta grind :(

I'm lvl.31 and to make any of the good lvl.27-35 weapons I need this stuff:

低質強化プラスチック

But I have no idea where to get it. Been doing missions and haven't got a single one of those.

If they are not part of a mission reward or not dropping normally keep progressing.

Use this link
http://gb2-wiki.net/item/id/21

Ctrl + F = 低質強化プラスチック

Profit!

Im pretty sure you do not have a ton of spare cash either so buying kits just for parts isnt really an option. Since that is another route too if you have a ton of cash. Though no idea what kits have what resources asides from the general notion where kits that show up later have better resources than early ones.

kubricks

Ah, so it's not an actual EX Action that I have to set?

You have to equip the EX-action from the backpack.
Once you activate it on the battle field, your MS glows blue with after-image, will move faster, can cancel any moves with dash, there will also be some funnels surround you and auto attacks the target you are attacking. It last for 10~15s I believe.

Not sure about the damage of these funnels though.... the screen is filled with numbers all the time lol.

Parakeetman

You have to equip the EX-option from the backpack.
Once you activate it on the battle field, your MS glows blue with after-image, will move faster, can cancel any moves with dash, there will also be some funnels surround you and auto attacks the target you are attacking. It last for 10~15s I believe.

Not sure about the damage of these funnels though.... the screen is filled with numbers all the time lol.

My guess would be the damage would be from how upgraded the backpack is as it should have the damage rating there?

Bebpo

Banned
Is there any way to see the damage that EX moves do if they don't have a %? Like some are straightforward and say "1000% of ranged combat stat", but a bunch just have the move description of what it does and don't have any stat for damage. It's weird because the game is so stat-orientated.

Played like 10 hour straight tinkering with my gundam and trying out all the option attacks and EX attacks I have so far while grinding items. Was fun.

One thing that's kind of dumb is all the ranged weapons that don't lock-on are a bit pointless to have around. Sure they have higher damage output, but there's no way you're going to manually aim at moving targets and connect evern 1/4th as fast as just tapping fire while locked on so lock-on range always seems better. Then again normal rifle shots seem pretty pointless at this point. I'm basically alternating between Option attacks, EX attacks and Awakenings with some melee. About the only time I use a normal rifle shot has to be for mounted turrets and some boss fights.

kubricks

Since at late/post game most damage are done by parts specific ex, can we talk about what parts give the best dps or most usefull?

Zz gundam head's mega beam does great damage even after the nerf.

God gundam hand's God finger does crazy damage too if it connects. How do you trigger heat-end anyway? Or is it automated if the hit kills?

Burning Gundam leg's kick does good damage, even after they nerf it.

What are everybody else using?

Enron

Banned
Adding you to the list now.

List updated 01/10/2015
QsDkbog.png

There seems like there's a lot of us that aren't on this list, you can add me to ps3

enronjp

Since at late/post game most damage are done by parts specific ex, can we talk about what parts give the best dps or most usefull?

God gundam hand's God finger does crazy damage too if it connects. How do you trigger heat-end anyway? Or is it automated if the hit kills?

ZZ head Hi-Mega is garbage now after the nerf. Tallgeese arms' dober gun does more now. TBR still does good damage, and if you use the ZZ backpack with the Heavyarms body, the Full-Open EX burst attack does mad damage still. (equip some arms or legs that have missle options too)

What's the trick to getting an S-Rank in Gundam Cafe 2 / 3? I found that in Canyon 6 I had to farm for points to get the 80,000 for the S-Rank but I can't figure out the trick for these cafe stages.

Bebpo

Banned

I was messing around with God Gundam's Burning God Finger last night and wasn't particularly impressed with the damage outside a decent final hit, especially since it only hits 1 unit and takes a while for the animation to play out to get to that final hit and moves you away from where you were.

What was doing the most DPS for me last night was this EX tied to a twin saber sword. Does a large radius whirlwind attack and then launches in the air for air combo followup -> other EX attacks. In L3+R3 awakening mode the radius of the whirlwind and damage is HUGE and can hit multiple units in a group. I'd buff it with God Gundam's Hyper Mode EX then L3+R3 then Whirlwind EX -> Giant beam EX and it'd just rain destruction on the universe.

I was messing around with backpacks other than GN Archer last night but man, it's going to be so hard to let go of those GN Missiles. They are the most amazing option in the game so far at this point lvl.37, working them into combos with high DPS melee and then step back launch a million missiles or start a combo with them is craaaazy good. I'm guessing I'll upgrade when I get a better backpack with similar or better mass projectile homing launch option. For now I've just been upgrading the GN Archer backpack to keep level with the rest of my parts.

Mugaaz

I see this game is 5980 yen for PSV version. If I buy a 5000 and 1000 yen card is that enough, or is there tax?

My one gripe with the game is just how difficult it is to build new weapons and shields. It was not this hard in the first game. I'd just like a MG beam saber of some sort to go with my MG GM. This shot lancer sucks.

Bebpo

Banned
My one gripe with the game is just how difficult it is to build new weapons and shields. It was not this hard in the first game. I'd just like a MG beam saber of some sort to go with my MG GM. This shot lancer sucks.

Yeah, weapon build is kind of grindy.

Top Bottom