• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

IHaveIce

Banned
I can tell you that his "halo info" contains some red hot fanboy nonsense.

And I can tell you this: What was said about Halo in this blogpost is what I expect at least.

There is no fanboy wish really.. making the E3 level from back then now playable shouldn't be that hard.

Just focus your resources 343 dammit. Get rid of experimenting with AAs in Halo 5, just throw them out, bam people have more time, do the damn level

And if you meant the included MP : If H2A has no MP, don't bother, don't release it, even if it is H5's beta or a revamp of H4's multi: Don't bother, don't release it. Everything else will be a disappointment.

These denials bring me back.
A3pgG7h.png

I wonder if Brian is close to any Halo stuff these days?

Speaking of greatness, Bungie & 343 need to get back on the podcast train. It's time.

Madness

I'm curious, why did no one from 343 or MS ever respond to the Ntkrnl leaks? Not that you should, but it was something that was reported on almost every site, even including tech sites like Engadget. Heck, even on Twitter, anyone even affiliated with MS/Xbox games didnt post for 24+ hours either. And when they all resumed posting, no one acknowledged the leak even for a while.

I'm guessing the E3 unlockable level stuff is probably the fanboy drivel. The rest just seems like reposting what Ntkrnl had said.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member

E3 demo level and CEA graphics switching denied, if I had to guess. I'm also going to assume that we aren't going to be seeing the PC maps(I love District.... ). Terminals are things that I absolutely expect though. I loved those in CEA, I'd love to see them again.

Psst, a little off topic, but since there are so many JP fans here I figured I would say I finally got a Jurassic Podcast going! I am now no longer the guy who was only on that one random episode of the Halogaf podcast, haha.

Cool stuff! I am excited to see where the live action Halo stuff goes..

Purdy yet ugly at the same time.

edit: Also sorry if this is old, but just saw this on the Halo Reddit.

Frank O'Conner is not amused.

Ok, that kinda killed me. :lol

U4Y3On6.png

Also said he was told pretty much everything ntkrnl posted is true.

If true, this is pretty exciting.

Of course the idea of unleashing your Johnson as a super weapon is pretty attractive.

:lol

Halo + Isaac Hannaford returning = Ultimate Dream.

My god, some of that art is incredible.

Stinkles, make sure the guys developing Forge in H5 see this vid, it incapsulates all great things Reach's Forge did well, the things that kept me coming back.

Try doing that in 4... hint: you CAN'T.

Haven is Haven. It has the timing and distances intended for Haven.

Other maps from previous games have been scaled to fit the new games they show up in. You can't just port them directly, or else unintended paths and timing show up.

I never mentioned anything about porting directly seeing as how I think remakes bring some better changes to the maps, for example Pitfall. Also, that doesn't address my comment on how other games can have sprint, quick dashes, wall jumps, etc. like Murder Miners, but for some reason Halo can't unless the maps are made larger to accommodate for those things.

And I brought up Haven because Haven is no larger or wider than maps we've seen in previous games without a 3x DMR and sprint. Take Haven out of Halo 4, put it in CE's sandbox, and with some minor adjustments to jump height or whatever else, the map would play extremely well. I don't know man, that whole thing about accommodating maps for sprint doesn't really make sense to me and I have yet to see anyone prove otherwise, especially when many other games pull it off well. Even Titanfall has close quarter spaces that work well, and we all know the movements options in that game. Not saying I want wall clinging in Halo, but obviously small spaces can work with over-the-top mechanics like that.

What's my point? Halo 4 not having 2v2/4v4 arena maps has little to do with sprint being added to the game.

Ampoc

Neo Member
Here is another little Halo thing that just popped up. About 49 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pN4OUiXaxs&feature=youtu.be&t=49s a gamertag by the name of Pit Bear apparently played a game of Infinity Slayer on Haven, on Halo 5, according to the activity feed. This is an official Xbox video showing of the Xbox One hardware and software design... This video came out today... Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Screenshot on the post below from CyReN

Woorloog

Banned
Here is another little Halo thing that just popped up. About 49 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pN4OUiXaxs&feature=youtu.be&t=49s a gamertag by the name of Pit Bear apparently played a game of Infinity Slayer on Haven, on Halo 5, according to the activity feed. This is an official Xbox video showing of the Xbox One hardware and software design... This video came out today... Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Probably made up video, not recorded, with elements taken from elsewhere. Perhaps they're thrown there as easter eggs? In any case, i wouldn't take that as any sort of confirmation about Halo 5, or whatever it will include.

Screenshot on the post below from CyReN
When something seems too good to be true...

Infinity Slayer is a Halo 5 playlist. Haven only.

On the flip side, Legendary Slayer and all other pseudo-competitive variants take place in a separate playlist that only play on the Shatter and Waterworks remakes.

Looking at the static text elements in that feed screenshot it all looks like hand typed marketing/test blurb. I wouldn't read too much into that one.

Too late, a bunch of kids at the beyond forums are going into meltdown mode already.

I guess we'll have a busy day over at Waypoint too :)

When did we all get so hyper-literal with every snippet of info? Even if true it's one map and one mode on display, I don't think I've seen any game in my X1 feed be that specific about what a friend is playing though, new feature perhaps?

I guess we'll have a busy day over at Waypoint too :)

When did we all get so hyper-literal with every snippet of info? Even if true it's one map and one mode on display, I don't think I've seen any game in my X1 feed be that specific about what a friend is playing though, new feature perhaps?

xbox one just like 360 is specific in games. like nba 2k tells you the exact time and quarter.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if 343 brought back Haven and maybe 1-2 other maps from Halo 4 into 5.

It would be extremely nice if they had ~10 brand new maps + two maps from each game so far. Example Battle Creek + Sidewinder from Halo: CE, Coagulation + Lockout + Midship from Halo 2, The Pit + Standoff from Halo 3, and so on.

It would please a lot of fans and give a fair bit of variety off the bat.

That is, unless they're doing that odd war chest thing that nktrnl said. Then who knows.

Fuchsdh

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if 343 brought back Haven and maybe 1-2 other maps from Halo 4 into 5.

It would be extremely nice if they had ~10 brand new maps + two maps from each game so far. Example Battle Creek + Sidewinder from Halo: CE, Coagulation + Lockout + Midship from Halo 2, The Pit + Standoff from Halo 3, and so on.

It would please a lot of fans and give a fair bit of variety off the bat.

That is, unless they're doing that odd war chest thing that nktrnl said. Then who knows.

Yeah I think that having a small collection of classic maps from the get-go in addition to the new stuff is nice, only thing that concerns me about having that on-disc is I don't think people are usually willing to give new maps a chance. If the Pit had been in Halo 4 day-one, we would have played nothing but the Pit and it could have ruined it.

Top Bottom