• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Been ignoring Randy's posts but I'm compelled to say what the hell? What's wrong with that guy?

So here's my guesses.

He has some actual problems maybe he is Autistic or as Aspergers Syndrome.

He thinks his posts are going straight to the "dev's" and is giving them his helpful help (might be linked to the above)

He is a child who doesn't really understand forums.

He is a troll account.

Booshka

That BR gif put HaloGAF into hype levels never before seen. It blinded most of us to any news after that which explained perks, loadouts, ordnance, no ranks, etc. All we could think of was how great that BR gameplay looked.

Which is funny because it didn't even look that great.

In the "Battery" gametype, killing enemies gives the player currency. This currency can be used to purchase weapons located throughout the map. Different weapons have different costs. There is a per team limit of how many of each weapon can be in play at once. The on map weapons would look like the vehicle holograms in Dominion, not physically there until purchased by a player with sufficient currency. A blue holographic weapon means there is not too many of that weapon currently in play and players can buy it if they have the required currency. A red holographic weapon means there is too many of that weapon currently in play and players cannot buy it even if they have the required currency.

The "Conduit" gametype is similar to Neutral Flag Slayer in that it is a Slayer gametype but there is also a neutrally located objective on the map. The objective is not tied to scoring though; the only way to score is to kill enemies. When the objective is capped, the carrier, and any teammates within a small radius of the capture point, would receive a “perk”. One cap gives a faster reload, two caps gives a faster crouch walk speed, three caps gives a faster shield recharge, et cetera. The number of kills to win would be higher than normal Slayer to give teams who capped objectives a longer period to reap the benefits of the perks they earned.

Quick, someone write a script that PMs any post of his with the word "gametype" in it to Gabo.

1399566860846.jpg

There is no reason for the only hazards on maps to be explosives like the Fusion Coil. A destructible on map item, that creates a special effect in a defined radius upon destruction, can produce more effects than just explosive damage.

A Plasma Battery could produce a blinding flash upon destruction. The outer edge of the blast radius would only wash the color out of a player’s vision for a moment while a close range explosion would completely white the player’s screen out for a moment.

Unlike Fusion Coils or Plasma Batteries, a Sonic Pylon would not need to be destroyed to activate its special effect. Its special effect would always be active and it cannot be destroyed. The Sonic Pylon would reflect slow moving projectiles, like grenades, mortars, or rockets, that travel too close to it.

An Electrical Transformer, after being damaged, would begin arcing to players within range, gradually draining their shields through damage over time. To stop this effect the transformer would have to be completely destroyed. For example, tossing one frag at the transformer would damage it, beginning the arcing effect. A second frag would destroy the transformer, ending the arcing effect.

Falling stalactites are similar to mortars in that they can deal damage from above. By damaging a hanging stalactite, and causing it to fall off the ceiling, the player can damage enemies behind ground cover. The stalactite is destroyed upon impact with the ground, ending its special effect.

willow ve

Seriously. What the fuck is this. A day, a few posts, sure. It's a joke. It's a troll. It's amusing. But to basically be posting your own dev blog philosophy bit by bit over multiple days. C'mon.
Murder Miners viral marketing?

TheOddOne

What if it is a 343 employee that has finally snapped.

The rest of 343 is just watching this unwind, laughing at it and drinking whisky.

Takashi

Hoping they come out and start showing off how H2A is just some Halo 2 maps remastered to play on Halo 4's engine. Then they show a bit more of Halo 5, and that's the end for Halo talk. Show continues and much salt is had. Later they return and reveal they've just been trolling and show
a spinoff game revolving around palmer
some real H2A multiplayer.

The "Conduit" gametype is similar to Neutral Flag Slayer in that it is a Slayer gametype but there is also a neutrally located objective on the map. The objective is not tied to scoring though; the only way to score is to kill enemies. When the objective is capped, the carrier, and any teammates within a small radius of the capture point, would receive a “perk”. One cap gives a faster reload, two caps gives a faster crouch walk speed, three caps gives a faster shield recharge, et cetera. The number of kills to win would be higher than normal Slayer to give teams who capped objectives a longer period to reap the benefits of the perks they earned.

In the "Battery" gametype, killing enemies gives the player currency. This currency can be used to purchase weapons located throughout the map. Different weapons have different costs. There is a per team limit of how many of each weapon can be in play at once. The on map weapons would look like the vehicle holograms in Dominion, not physically there until purchased by a player with sufficient currency. A blue holographic weapon means there is not too many of that weapon currently in play and players can buy it if they have the required currency. A red holographic weapon means there is too many of that weapon currently in play and players cannot buy it even if they have the required currency.

Traditional stalactites, like on Waterworks, are located on the ceiling and fall down to the ground once broken off through damage.

Gravity is the reason why stalactites must fall from high to low. A stalactite analog, that is capable of “falling” in any direction, is the “Energy Valve”.

Similar to how a stalactite on Waterworks could be broken off the ceiling through damage, an Energy Valve can be forced open through damage. The difference is that the beam of energy, that is released upon the valve’s opening, can travel in any direction including up from the ground or out from a wall.

A damaged Energy Valve, that was forced open, would eventually repair itself, ending the emission of the beam similar to how the effect of a falling stalactite ends once it hits the ground.

Unlike traditional stalactites, the beam released from an open Energy Valve can be redirected through the use of “Reflection Joints”. A beam that comes out from a wall could travel, hit a reflector and turn 90 degrees around a corner.

“Distribution Junctions” are similar to Reflection Joints, in that they can cause the beam to change directions, but distributors have the added ability to reflect the beam in multiple directions at once.

Other natural elements like acid geysers, volcanoes, or magma veins could spew damaging liquid from the floor, walls, or ceiling at regular intervals instead of upon taking damage.

"Sonic Pylons"? That's some straight up Wahrer shit for sure.

OUvv1bT.gif

Motherfucker, I don't rely on a damn desk calendar to think up buzzwords. It's portmanteau-fed technobabble rooted heavily in Latin-based language for me. You and I both know a "sonic pylon" in Wahrerspeak would be closer to "telenavigable autointerpolative hypostatic audiometric relativity unit," get that weak shit out of here.

Seeing your post made me seek out this gem from 2009. I''m going to repost and change the room to #halogaf in case people are interested in starting up the room once again.

Joining the HaloGAF Chat in 4 Easy Steps

1) Pick an IRC client.

mIRC
IceChat
XChat
ChatZilla Firefox addon

2) Select a regional EFnet server.

EFnet server list

3) Add the server in your IRC client. See your software's Help menu for help.

4) Join #halogaf. Use the command '/join #halogaf' to join the room.

all set for tomorrow then!

can't wait to finally see h2a

TheOddOne

Motherfucker, I don't rely on a damn desk calendar to think up buzzwords. It's portmanteau-fed technobabble rooted heavily in Latin-based language for me. You and I both know a "sonic pylon" in Wahrerspeak would be closer to "telenavigable autointerpolative hypostatic audiometric relativity unit," get that weak shit out of here.
girl-photoshoped-into-pizza-slice-1394670725A.gif

Omni

Seeing your post made me seek out this gem from 2009. I''m going to repost and change the room to #halogaf in case people are interested in starting up the room once again.

Joining the HaloGAF Chat in 4 Easy Steps

1) Pick an IRC client.

mIRC
IceChat
XChat
ChatZilla Firefox addon

2) Select a regional EFnet server.

EFnet server list

3) Add the server in your IRC client. See your software's Help menu for help.

4) Join #halogaf. Use the command '/join #halogaf' to join the room.
Naw man.

Can I do anything with Windows RT? Ever since my laptop died I've been stuck with this Surface (bought it before realising how closed off the platform actually is)

Different terrain types could have different properties. Grenades don’t bounce in Snow. Explosives produce a large dust cloud in Sand. Vehicles don’t handle well in Mud. Spartans make more noise moving on Gravel. Shields gradually drain while moving through Acid puddles.

Different terrain types could have different properties. Grenades don’t bounce in Snow. Explosives produce a large dust cloud in Sand. Vehicles don’t handle well in Mud. Spartans make more noise moving on Gravel. Shields gradually drain while moving through Acid puddles.

Ice in Halo CE.

The ideal weapon in a 2v2 match is a Magnum that kills in 4 shots, with the fourth shot being a bleed through headshot, and has an 8 shot clip. One player, without reloading, can get a double kill if he fires all 8 shots perfectly. In a gametype with an even number of players per team, a weapon that kills in an even number of shots rewards perfect teamshot more. The Magnum’s fast reload and melee animation are well suited to the fast paced gameplay that occurs on small dubs maps. 1v2 situations can still be won by a skilled player due to the quick nature of the Magnum. A single layer Overshield is the perfect power up for Doubles because a player can kill an Overshield enemy with one clip if he lands all his shots including the final bleed through headshot.

I just want to play Invasion on a next gen console...
Same, the game type never got to see it's full potential. If we don't get it in a future Halo hopefully we get the tools to at least create it, well you could create it I'm not that great at that stuff haha.

Edit: Funknown is that you?
The ideal weapon in a 2v2 match is a Magnum that kills in 4 shots, with the fourth shot being a bleed through headshot, and has an 8 shot clip.

u4iX

The ideal weapon in a 2v2 match is a Magnum that kills in 4 shots, with the fourth shot being a bleed through headshot, and has an 8 shot clip. One player, without reloading, can get a double kill if he fires all 8 shots perfectly. In a gametype with an even number of players per team, a weapon that kills in an even number of shots rewards perfect teamshot more. The Magnum’s fast reload and melee animation are well suited to the fast paced gameplay that occurs on small dubs maps. 1v2 situations can still be won by a skilled player due to the quick nature of the Magnum. A single layer Overshield is the perfect power up for Doubles because a player can kill an Overshield enemy with one clip if he lands all his shots including the final bleed through headshot.

Yo shut the fuck up.

The actual range of the utility weapon should be infinite. The projectiles should not disappear once past a certain distance.

The actual damage of the utility weapon should be static. The projectiles’ damage values should not drop over distance.

The effective range of the utility weapon should be limited to medium-long by a finite red reticle range and a 2x scope. Outside of the limited red reticle range the weapon should receive zero aim assist or bullet magnetism.

Since the effective range of the utility weapon would be limited, by the effects of a finite red reticle range and a 2x scope, the ranged damage that a player could deal is effectively reduced.

Ghazi

ha

hah
ha

ah

no
Boron of my Lide?
We should start a big HaloGAF skype group, and host a group call during E3 tomorrow. :D
Well, we have IRC. Not only that, you know the "old guard" will be doing their own separate Skype thing as well, as they do every year.
Yo shut the fuck up.
lol
If he didn't have accounts on other sites that seemed like he was an actual person I'd swear he was a Bot posting Halo Waypoint posts.
Like where? Quick google tells me his XBL account is new, Twitter is just a bunch of infographics, he got banned from Beyond (I assume for the stuff he's doing now), and he was advertising his (empty) blog on BNet.

Top Bottom