• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Conor 419

Banned
Walking home with my friends the other night, after a night out. We walked past two locals who looked like they were absolutely drugged up off their fucking faces, one of them had a duck on a leash and he was walking it down the street. The duck was apparently called Gary, as whenever it (understandably) resisted walking with them, the guy walking it would angrily shout "COMEON GARY, STOPIT". We kinda slowed down walking to watch, the guy was getting increasingly more angry at the duck, which was in clear distress.

After a minute or so of "GARY, COME ON, FOR FUCK SAKE GARY", the guy fucking lost his patience and smacked it, causing him to drop a bag of (whatever) he had in his jacket pocket on the floor. The duck fucking went for what the guy dropped and before you know it the duck and the guy are rolling around on the floor together fighting over the small plastic wallet, with the second guy holding his hands on his head watching, whilst repeating "Noooo Gary, noooo Garyyy, noooo nooooo, noooooooooooooooo".

Why.

Omni

It was the code that unlocked the Prime armor and weapon skins etc. It clearly reads it also gives access to the map packs.

Ahh, okay. Thanks. I didn't bother to read what all the codes were when I was entering them on launch day - I had like 12 or something and just quickly did it.

Betraying obviously sucks but if you are in a position where you are getting spawn killed it is your fault/your teams fault.
.... uh huh.
Having seen spawn issues in Zealot on Reach I'd say you're completely wrong.
I haven't played enough 4 so I wouldn't know if it has any such issues.

Korosenai

Walking home with my friends the other night, after a night out. We walked past two locals who looked like they were absolutely drugged up off their fucking faces, one of them had a duck on a leash and he was walking it down the street. The duck was apparently called Gary, as whenever it (understandably) resisted walking with them, the guy walking it would angrily shout "COMEON GARY, STOPIT". We kinda slowed down walking to watch, the guy was getting increasingly more angry at the duck, which was in clear distress.

After a minute or so of "GARY, COME ON, FOR FUCK SAKE GARY", the guy fucking lost his patience and smacked it, causing him to drop a bag of (whatever) he had in his jacket pocket on the floor. The duck fucking went for what the guy dropped and before you know it the duck and the guy are rolling around on the floor together fighting over the small plastic wallet, with the second guy holding his hands on his head watching, whilst repeating "Noooo Gary, noooo Garyyy, noooo nooooo, noooooooooooooooo".

Why.
Wat

Aggrotek

Ok, Giveaway time!!!

I have a spare cryo tube avatar prop and whoever can answer this question gets it. :)

What 1932 movie, about a band of circus performers, was one of the first of it's kind to use actors with legitimate deformities and birth defects?

IHaveIce

Banned

Why.

Make a thread about it in the OT

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok, Giveaway time!!!

I have a spare cryo tube avatar prop and whoever can answer this question gets it. :)

What 1932 movie, about a band of circus performers, was one of the first of it's kind to use actors with legitimate deformities and birth defects?

Freaks

bGanci

Banned
It's a win for MS already. They get about $12 for each copy of BLOPS2 sold in royalties, add in money from season passes as well and you can see why it will be pointless for MS to buy Activizion Blizzard.
When I said win win I was referring to Blops and halo being both a huge success. Also don't forget Microsoft Would own diablo and a port of d3 to Xbox could work really well. But is it worth it for them to buy them? I have no clue.

zlatko

Banned
So issue. I got a new 4GB 360. The one I was using was my bro in laws, so I had to redownload all my LE content to my 16GB flash drive. I got all my content back, or so I thought, because last night I looked at specializations again just to see what they look like armor wise, and I only had access to the first two, and the other 6 were missing.

Are the specializations tied to the cryotube download code? That's the only thing I didn't redownload, but the rest of the things I did, which was a total of what 3 codes on the card? The one with all the armor and specializations was called Infinity Package or something like that.

Am I screwed? What do?

Also, any word on if they are fixing the glitch for people who complete Legendary solo and don't get the master chief armor unlocks? I really don't feel like blasting through all of mission 6 and 7 solo again on legendary if they plan to fix it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uhg, I hate when kids try to make up a story based off of shit they saw or read on the internet and act like it's a true story from their life.

For the record, this is what Conor is referencing like it's a "real" thing.

Gary Wilson

zlatko

Banned
Just an idea, but have you made sure you got legendary on the prologue and epilogue? I know they are cutscenes, but if I remember correctly in Halo 3 you still had to watch them on legendary for it to count. Could be a similar deal here?

It tells you on waypoint what ones it didn't count. For me it was mission 6 and 7 that didn't register according to WP.

Booties

Banned
Last night I beat requiem on legendary and got halfway through infinity. I just loaf up a checkpoint on rally point alpha of requiem.

This is why you beta test games with high expectations, 343. I'm always given wrong checkpoints or restart the level when I pick restart from last checkpoint.

malfcn

What is with the red x complaint? There are x on your radar.

Last night I beat requiem on legendary and got halfway through infinity. I just loaf up a checkpoint on rally point alpha of requiem.

This is why you beta test games with high expectations, 343. I'm always given wrong checkpoints or restart the level when I pick restart from last checkpoint.

According to Waypoint and my game, I never beat a mission. All of them (and achievements) have a timestamp. And then one mission in the middle doesn't.

TCKaos

Anyone in FLAG want to scrim some later today? Saw that Tashi/Hyper and Kittens/Breg are registered, and I'm in with TactileEnvelope.

If there was a Team Doubles playlist this would be easier wink wink nudge nudge.

zlatko

Banned
Internet tough guys. It's like that guy in the Gears 3 beta thread who tried to get everyone banned for sharing a BETA. Such a cool dude.

#shotsfired

wIKLL.gif

Ah that sucks. You can get the armor unlocks through coop legendary though if that's what you're after.

I may just do that. Thanks. :)

First day at new job... Manger doesn't show up.. Now I'm just sitting here, browsing gaf and waiting. Maybe I'll go see Skyfall. Hm. This is awkward one way or another. :lol

Anyways, I wanted to say that Prometheans have grown on me.. They nees more variety, and the knights could be better, but I have been enjoying them, especially on legendary.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
First day at new job... Manger doesn't show up.. Now I'm just sitting here, browsing gaf and waiting. Maybe I'll go see Skyfall. Hm. This is awkward one way or another. :lol

Anyways, I wanted to say that Prometheans have grown on me.. They nees more variety, and the knights could be better, but I have been enjoying them, especially on legendary.

Nice! Hopefully I'll join you as newly employed here soon.

Prom knights are Easy as hell with a PP secondary. Spops will only be played with that in my load out from now on.

Gazzawa

You gotta save and quit this bitch. Exact same thing happened me. Same place and everything.
Legendary run in this game is a huge chore.

I could also go with having some spare weapons on the map itself. I played BTB Infinity Slayer last night (for some reason) on Ragarock. It's basically two teams setting up camp on the outer edges of the map and DMRing each other for the entire duration of the game, with the occasional vehicle swinging by before getting instantly EMP'd and naded. But on three or four occasions, I ran out of ammo and there were no spares anywhere. Weapons dropped by other players despawned too fast to be useful.

I still, instinctively, look around for extra weapons laying about at spawn, before realizing there aren't any. Really baffling.

Yeah this is yet another reeeeeeeally bizarre part of the game. Why the hell can't I pick up ammo for my gun anywhere? The whole game is about shooting things... give me ammo. So stupid.
I guess 343 just counts on the fact that everyone will die before they run out of ammo, which obviously isn't the case. The oversight should be corrected with guns on the map, or the ability to call down extra ammo ordnance (or like Shake said, an ammo crate that could actually benefit your entire team). Maybe Speed Boost was implemented so you could actually get to a fallen weapon before it disappears. :-|

Iv used the ammo perk and still been out of ammo on a regular basis

The maps should all have ammo crates one in each base and one or two in the field of battle.

Ammo crates should replenish all spawn weapon ammo and nothing else.

GhaleonEB

I guess 343 just counts on the fact that everyone will die before they run out of ammo, which obviously isn't the case. The oversight should be corrected with guns on the map, or the ability to call down extra ammo ordnance (or like Shake said, an ammo crate that could actually benefit your entire team). Maybe Speed Boost was implemented so you could actually get to a fallen weapon before it disappears. :-|

I suspect the mentality is, you can now spawn with the primary and secondary weapons you want (after unlocking them), so there's no need to place them on the map for people to chase down. But between the rapid cleanup of dropped weapons and the renewed emphasis on mid to long range gunplay, the need for additional ammo is still very much there.

Of course, there's the perk to spawn with extra ammo. And if there were additional guns on the map to pick up extra ammo with, then that perk becomes worthless. So it's possible that this was in part a design decision to make that perk carry more value. It's certainly a consequence of no weapons on the map. Which just adds to the list of ways the basic gameplay is damaged for everyone so a perk can be carved out for it. (Flinch --> Stability being another.)

I hope weapons or refueling crates are added soon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Iv used the ammo perk and still been out of ammo on a regular basis

The maps should all have ammo crates one in each base and one or two in the field of battle.

Ammo crates should replenish all spawn weapon ammo and nothing else.

Same here, I really, really dislike running out of ammo and I'd rather use a perk other than ammo, but that's just not going to happen.

Rev3rb

Reach comes out, everyone bitches about the lack of a carrier waypoint for the first few months: "WTF BUNGIE QUIT CUTTING BASIC FEATURES"

4 comes out, waypoint returns, everyone still bitches: "WTF 343 QUIT CUTTING BASIC FEATURES"

GAF complains about the soundtrack: "IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER, NO ORIGINALITY"

Favorite track on average is Solace, which is the most stereotypically summer blockbuster track in the entire OST right down to the note progression

What the hell, HaloGAF?

This is HaloGAF dude.

:p

So in the Halo Silentium description, it states that:

Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to a solution.

Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe.

Does anyone else think that this '' atrocity'' is (Halo 4+terminal spoilers)
The composing of humans so that the Didact can fight the flood? In one if the terminal descriptions, it says that ''as the flood advance, a terrible plan is enacted.''

The composing of humans so that the Didact can fight the flood? In one if the terminal descriptions, it says that ''as the flood advance, a terrible plan is enacted.''
I'd spoiler that description, some people don't want to see it.

To answer your question:
Well first the composing of his own men, but yes. I do hope Bear can pull it off and sell us on the change in character. If that book is crammed when Primordium had plenty of space that they could have spread things out in ... (and set better seeds for the Didact's fall..)

GhaleonEB

So in the Halo Silentium description, it states that:

I always assumed that was the firing of the Halo array.

I have to say, the more the back story of the Forerunners are fleshed out - the Librarian, the Composer, etc. - the less interesting and compelling it becomes to me. There was a powerful simplicity to the story of human ancestors sacrificing themselves to stop an unstoppable threat, while sheltering and preserving the seeds of life to blossom in the aftermath. I've always found that really powerful.

This whole business with the Composer, the Librarian planting seeds so that everything that has a happened has been just as she intended, people doing what they are destined to do, Forerunner no longer being human ancestry but this mutating race of humanoids at war with actual humans....not so much. It's just needlessly convoluted.

orznge

Banned
Reach comes out, everyone bitches about the lack of a carrier waypoint for the first few months: "WTF BUNGIE QUIT CUTTING BASIC FEATURES"

4 comes out, waypoint returns, everyone still bitches: "WTF 343 QUIT CUTTING BASIC FEATURES"

GAF complains about the soundtrack: "IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER, NO ORIGINALITY"

Favorite track on average is Solace, which is the most stereotypically summer blockbuster track in the entire OST right down to the note progression

What the hell, HaloGAF?

lol

Top Bottom