• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Never been a big nintendo fan so i complete see where he is coming from.

Bar HD mario I don't know whats appealing to me on the system.

Pokemon Games? Under developed franchise
Zelda? No Interest
Metroid? Never played them.. maybe

I've heard this is a UK problem.

Sorry to hear it.

Gazzawa

Just smoked some bitchez in oddball with hydranockz.
Got a smooth moves medal
X3 kill with an oddball lol.
Just camp the lift on haven.

Omni

Was hoping to get some Spartan Ops in tonight, but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. On the plus side I ranked up to SR-44 and am half way to 45. Got quite a few commendation bonuses and so the last 4-5 ranks have been easy.

Should get to 50 within a few days I think

Karl2177

I'm getting runtime errors when going to Waypoint.

Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Karl2177

It's incredibly frustrating. It's so hard to see and sometimes it doesn't show up on the radar. Why is that?

How about this, if i absolutely has to be an AA:
-When moving, you gain better camo, but you show up on radar; similar to previous Halo games.
-When still, your camo fades to poor camo. This helps eliminate the invisible long range sniper and you remain invisible on the radar.

m23

We faced a full team of camos on Adrift yesterday. What a pain that match was, we still managed to win though since time ran out. We got a nice lead and decided to just stay put and let them come after us rather than giving them easy kills. Once they came after us we knew we'd won.

willow ve

Camo is a very frustrating AA to go up against; and it doesn't seem to make any sense from a gameplay standpoint. It encourages people to sit still and/or stand perfectly still while sniping across map... It should be stripped from the game and added in as a personal ordnance drop alongside Overshield, Speed Boost, and Damage Boost.

senador

Banned
How about this, if i absolutely has to be an AA:
-When moving, you gain better camo, but you show up on radar; similar to previous Halo games.
-When still, your camo fades to poor camo. This helps eliminate the invisible long range sniper and you remain invisible on the radar.

I don't see it going away, its in loadoats and people "paid" to unlock it. Your idea sounds pretty good. Anything to encourage movement. The shimmer effect also needs to be more visible.

Omni

These player count charts from Halocharts.com are super depressing. Every single playlist took a nosedive with Black Ops II launch and hasn't recovered at all.

Even the overall population peak was hitting 400k players at a time before COD released... Now it's dropping below 200k...

http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

Someone should tell 343i that you can't out-CoD CoD before they start working on Halo 5.

jk

kylej

Banned
I'm getting runtime errors when going to Waypoint.

Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Been doing that for 2 days for me.

It's incredibly frustrating. It's so hard to see and sometimes it doesn't show up on the radar. Why is that?

I believe you don't show up on radar as long as you're not moving. While invisible. Yeah.

daedalius

Well, had fun playing multi last night other than a couple bad JIPs; also enjoying playing through the campaign for a 3rd time with my wife.

DMR is too ridiculous on open maps.

Halo is never going to bring in the CoD crowd so they need to just get back to the basics with Halo 5. Smaller maps, BR starts, no AAs, no loadouts, weapons spawn on map, ranks, no sprint. The best moments in Halo 4 are when it's a 1 v 1 situation on a map like Adrift or Haven and it just who can aim/strafe better. Halo 5 needs to focus on that.

Everyone else but 343 gets it.

There can never be any justification for camo on spawn.
Nope. They can fuck around with it all they want, but being invisible is incredibly powerful for an online experience where the netcode is, ahem, "buttery smooth". When you start adding the stealth specialization like what's just starting to happen, it will be even worse. I hate watching clips of people hiding around a doorway just waiting for someone to do something as stupid as walk through it. :-\

Make the AA something to be earned in Personal Ordnance (along with PV, no more teams of with these AA's); it would make a more than suitable replacement for the extra grenades that nobody wants.

Also, what the hell happened to adjusting loadouts based on gametype? Camo users in KOTH are the worst type of person.

kylej

Banned
in 2012 people are taking pictures of their TV in order to share screenshots with their friends. this from one of the most expensive video games ever developed.

I need one of sai-kun's *dead* gifs right now

GhaleonEB

Hell, even Personal Ordnance in SpOps would have been a great feature. Then again, so would medals, scoring, skulls, theater... :-(
and ammo.
This is one of the reasons I think I'm inadvertently holding Spartan Ops to a high standard. We lost a LOT with Firefight, and Spartan Ops needs to really differentiate itself and bring a lot to the table to make those loses feel worth it, and it's not there yet.

Also, what the hell happened to adjusting loadouts based on gametype? Camo users in KOTH are the worst type of person.
Can you use camo in the hill? My beloved auto turret blows up if I enter the hill and I can't set one up inside. I figured, if they did that they'd make it so camo doesn't work in the hill. For balance. Right?

Nope. They can fuck around with it all they want, but being invisible is incredibly powerful for an online experience where the netcode is, ahem, "buttery smooth". When you start adding the stealth specialization like what's just starting to happen, it will be even worse. I hate watching clips of people hiding around a doorway just waiting for someone to do something as stupid as walk through it. :-\

Make the AA something to be earned in Personal Ordnance (along with PV, no more teams of with these AA's); it would make a more than suitable replacement for the extra grenades that nobody wants.

That's a great point, what if personal ordnance granted you only a selection of AA's? These would only last for one life.

So there would be no AA's at the start of the match, it would very similar to the equipment system in 3.

Everything else would be like the older Halo's, weapons and power ups on the map.

Tawpgun

That's a great point, what if personal ordnance granted you only a selection of AA's? These would only last for one life.

Everything else would be like the older Halo's, weapons and power ups on the map.

Because media and people who liked Reach's additions would call them out on going backwards.

I also don't see how AA's would be good with ordnance. I think we might have to deal with the fact that AA's are here to stay. Once you put a feature like that in, its difficult to take out. I'd love a Halo without the perks and with not obnoxious AA's... but that doesn't seem to be where they want to take the series.

Man, all this stuff being on map was so good for map movement. Made the games a lot more exciting.

Top Bottom