• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

wwm0nkey

Was on bottom with the ball on Heaven and my friend was on top. Was being chased by the entire team so I threw the ball up and he caught it. Died a second later but I feel like I at least accomplished something by tossing it to my friend.....everyone just needs to play Oddball all day every day.

Boy do I really hope the DLC implementation is 21st century stuff, and actually works because this game is in DIRE need of some more maps.

Fun oddball games this morning.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yall, my name is kittens, add me to your friends list so we can play some Halo right now.

DeadNames

Banned
Some of you have seen me post my annoying little rants about camo/BTB. So I decided to write out my entire thought on Halo 4's multiplayer. I will go over the things I don't like mainly. There aren't THAT many of them, but they seriously get me rattled. Let's start out with my main annoyance:

The DMR

The gun is OP. It outclasses every gun almost every time. If you are a somewhat decent shot, you can win a gunfight at any range with this thing. It puts the BR, LR, and Carbine to shame as precision weapons (except the scoped LR. The thing is a beast). The DMR absolutely destroys big team battle as well. On a linear open map like Ragnarok, the game turns into a pingfest from one base to another with some Manti and Banshees patrolling the middle. Because of it's insane range and accuracy, map movement is discouraged. I LOVED BTB in Reach. Why? Because the DMR worked, but it wasn't a mini sniper like it is in Halo 4. Basically, they should just up the bloom on it. I can't believe I actually just said that. Haha.

BTB

This and the DMR go hand in hand. BTB was once a fun, crazy playlist. Now it is just a DMR/vehicle fest. There are WAYY too many power weapons in BTB and vehicles are basically useless. You get sniped, destroyed, and pooped on if you don't stay in your base with your mini sni- excuse me, DMR. It's basically just TOO chaotic and is a major clusterfuck. I don't mind the stickies and PP too much.

Ordnance

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? There is now no point to push locations when you can just stay back and sni- DMR people to death. Unless everybody gets the same personal ordnance, it is a terrible mechanic. Global ordnance is also a pain in the ass. It turns the game into "who can get a binary rifle right next to them" as opposed to "who can outplay the other team and get the binary rifle". I thought we were getting classic playlists too...

Camo/AAs

Some AAs I don't mind. Hologram, HLS, and thruster are fine. But things like PV, jetpack, and camo are just nuisances. Combine camo with a DMR and a boltshot and personal ordnance, and you've got yourself some crap. Why they kept jetpack and camo in is beyond me. And since camo is bugged, that guy sitting around the corner with the charged up boltshot gets to call in his rocket launcher because the dummy dots didn't appear! Jetpack IS a major step down from Reach, but still destroys cover.

These are my main grips with H4's MP. JiP and other things have worked out well. They just need to tweak some perks/AAs/playlists and the MP is enjoyable. Campaign was sweet IMO, but like slt, I was bit disappointed by the skyboxes. RIP beautiful skyboxes (Standoff). Oh and the ranks should be put in game if possible. I don't think anyone is going to read this whole thing... Just putting this out there to the world.

Oh gosh, I hope I'm not on anyone's ignore lists :(

Oh and Tawpgun, did I say that to you? I kind of feel like I did haha.

Beautiful. DeadNames, how about you stop posting little "this game sucks" posts, and use some critical thinking to develop something people want to read. Nearly every post by you recently is a 1-2 sentence statement about ordnance sucking or something else. I'm guilty of doing it, but I don't even have Halo 4, and I could see people getting annoyed by your posts. Being on an ignore list isn't something to be proud of.

Wouldn't the bolded make yours worse then? lol.. Personally, I don't find those kind of comments people make annoying whatsoever, but maybe posts like ^this are better suited for a PM so he doesn't feel ostracized.

On the topic of Halo's atmosphere, FUCK YES Halo 4's is amazing. Stepping out of that cave into that music with the vast Forerunner landscape/architecture in the distance..... -goosebumps-

"Tawpgun, you can't say BTB will be bad you haven't played it, not everyone is going to have plasma grenades and plasma pistols you don't know that they will be that powerful not everyone is going to use them I bet 343 already tested this its not going to be broken they probably learned their lessons of with the DMR from Reach stop complaining you can't criticize the game before playing"
This is the most correct thing you have ever posted. It's a shame you're posting it as an example of something you think is wrong.

TheOddOne

Dat face.

ibz4eTtDr9Bxi.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
How about instead of increasing the bloom on the DMR (What the fuck is wrong with you?) 343 creates maps with it (and the other precision weapons) in mind? When you give people the ability to be incredibly accurate at long range maybe you shouldn't put maps in the game that are wide open and lack any sort of cover. It's the same with Hemorrhage in Reach, it does not work.

So, since it didn't happen this game.

Can 343 promise me we get to see a bunch of those "Sky Chains" on Requiem in ruins being destroyed, collapsing, etc. and having to traverse them? Even if it's just on foot or something. Please.

It's such beautiful scenery.

Halo protocol dictates it has to go down in flames.

How about instead of increasing the bloom on the DMR (What the fuck is wrong with you?) 343 creates maps with it (and the other precision weapons) in mind? When you give people the ability to be incredibly accurate at long range maybe you shouldn't put maps in the game that are wide open and lack any sort of cover. It's the same with Hemorrhage in Reach, it does not work.

What weapon do you guys think is better at denying map movement? The Halo 1 Pistol or the DMR?

bloom might make the other precision weapons worth using in close quarters.

Bloom only helped with long range, it made CQC a crapshoot.. spamming 5 shots for a lucky kill over someone who timed their shots, etc etc

DeadNames

Banned

bloom might make the other precision weapons worth using in close quarters.

Kuroyume

Banned
I hope they don't touch any of the weapons until I get my hands on the game. People were crying about the DMR in Reach BTB and that wasn't a problem at all. When you stink you'll blame anything.

Guys, I made a 6v6 or 8v8 CTF map, and I need people to come help me test it. Going to do it in 30 minutes (3central/4eastern).

Send me a message on XBL (my tag is ThatsMyTrunks), and I'll invite you in.

I think it could be a fun map, I just need people to test it with me. :D

DeadNames

Banned
I agree with 90% of this, especially the DMR, which has slowly crept into all but one of my five loadouts. Why use anything else, except out of guilt?

This. I used the LR. I realized there is no point to using it because the DMR beats every time.

And just out of curiosity, what didn't you agree with?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
k just never heard of her... figured Frankie was boss he's been with the franchise for 10 years or something Has she even made other games...

If Frank was the boss he wouldn't be slumming it here.

My issue with JIP is that it further undermines the idea of Halo as a team sport rather than an onanistic individual pursuit.

But that's every FPS these days, so what are ya gonna do.

Game battles.

My issue with JIP is that it further undermines the idea of Halo as a team sport rather than an onanistic individual pursuit.

Louis Wu

k just never heard of her... figured Frankie was boss he's been with the franchise for 10 years or something Has she even made other games...
She's worked for Microsoft as a producer/manager since 1995 (and with MS Game Studios/343 since 2005). I think it's probably a good bet she's worked on other games. :)

DeadNames

Banned

Adapt.

But really though, I agree. I just feel like teamwork is gone in 4; there's literally no emphasis on it.

I guess when it comes down to it, I enjoy playing Halo 4 as much as any other shooter. I don't think it's any worse than the other big franchises, and on balance has many, many things I prefer.

But the sad thing is I used to enjoy playing Halo more than any other shooter.

Top Bottom