• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

heckfu

Banned
Look through my post history then. You miss a lot.

Sigh. You are obviously missing what I'm saying. When people think Hydra, they think someone who defends the game (regardless of the fact you are able to criticize it). When people think Kyle they think of someone who thinks a lot is bullshit (regardless of the fact that he thinks some parts of the game are awesome).

I'll make this as simple as I possibly can for 343.

Dear 343,

People want this:
51AXK29H5BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51lDG-Lg8xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not this:
51KA8qJIlCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

halo_reach.jpg

51fgVzD153L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks,
Halo Fans

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Look through my post history then. You miss a lot.

I think it's hard to keep up with everyone's opinions. You and I both post things here and there that we dislike, but only create a stir when we defend something 90% of the crowd hates. So many posts, it's easy to miss our negative posts just like it's easy for us to miss positive ones by the folks that dislike the game a lot.

I don't think it matters either way though. People are going to think what they think.

EDIT: Barlow some want Halo 4, just with a handful of fixes/tweaks. Also no one wants dual wielding back. Halo 2 was great based on the strength of its maps. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'll make this as simple as I possibly can for 343.

Dear 343,

People want this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AXK29H5BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lDG-Lg8xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG]
Not this:
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KA8qJIlCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.davesdeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/halo_reach.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fgVzD153L._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG]
Thanks,
Halo Fans[/QUOTE]

Yo speak for yourself bro

Sigh. You are obviously missing what I'm saying. When people think Hydra, they think someone who defends the game (regardless of the fact you are able to criticize it). When people think Kyle they think of someone who thinks a lot is bullshit (regardless of the fact that he thinks some parts of the game are awesome).

Just love me damnit!

Yeah, I can defeinitely agree with that. If people look to me as the beacon of brightness in these dark times then who am I to shatter those perceptions?

Karl2177

So Elzar, Xand, Biggy, bobs, krow, etc. : What did you guys think of my settings? Keep personal ordnance? Remove the SAWs? Make the DMRs have a more obvious spawning point?

blamite

Off topic, but lately I've seen a bunch of images that just show up like this:

MrKlq.png

Problem on my end, or are they just broken images? I'm using Chrome, btw.

Also I still have a specialization code to give away, who still needs this? (also would I be wrong in assuming these can only be redeemed by US accounts?)

Ryaaan14

Banned
Off topic, but lately I've seen a bunch of images that just show up like this:

MrKlq.png

Problem on my end, or are they just broken images? I'm using Chrome, btw.

Also I still have a specialization code to give away, who still needs this? (also would I be wrong in assuming these can only be redeemed by US accounts?)

Nope, people posting broken images all over the damn place for me too. Using IE, Safari, and Chrome.

Camo is bullshit. Boltshot is bullshit. Jetpack is bullshit. UI is bullshit. Random ordnance is bullshit. Binary Rifle is bullshit. Lack of precision Forge controls is bullshit. Lack of zoom in Forge is bullshit. Flinch is bullshit. Perk design is bullshit. DMR is bullshit. Promethean Vision is bullshit. Sniper aim assist is bullshit. Beam Rifle aim assist is bullshit. Boltshot trigger latency is bullshit. Lack of online File Share is bullshit. Unlocking emblems is bullshit. Scattershot inconsistency is bullshit. Incineration Cannon is bullshit. SAW is bullshit. Grenades in ordnance drops is bullshit. Suppressor is bullshit. Pistol is bullshit. Storm Rifle is bullshit. Vehicle set on Exile is bullshit. Banshee is bullshit. Scorpion is bullshit. Gauss Hog is bullshit. Regicide is bullshit. Calling in overshield when you need it is bullshit. Excluding Extraction is bullshit. Forcing zombie skin is bullshit. Lack of Zombie options is bullshit. Forced sprint is bullshit. Lack of Race is bullshit. Lack of campaign theatre is bullshit. Locking all but two Specializations is bullshit. Lack of visible skill is bullshit. Forcing you to sign in to view stats is bullshit. Magnets on edges instead of corners is bullshit. Prometheans looking the same is bullshit. Lack of feedback on enemies is bullshit. Sword not slowing when shot is bullshit. Reusing the same challenge is bullshit. Giving enemies one shot kill weapons is bullshit. No death count in Spartan Ops is bullshit. Promethean spawning is bullshit. Sword not having slowdown on AI is bullshit. Marketing is bullshit. Human structures on dirt is bullshit. Lack of distinguishing sides on Adrift is bullshit. 2 Flag on Complex is bullshit. Hill on Ragnarok is bullshit. The Mantis is bullshit. Join in Progress with the enemy team nearing victory is bullshit. No flat space to Forge on is bullshit. Warthog sound being louder than anything else is bullshit. Captain Del Rio is bullshit. The ending is bullshit. Battlewagons taking 3 Railgun shots is bullshit. Spartan Ops netcode is bullshit. Black screen frequency is bullshit. Bro spawn weight is bullshit. Lack of pickup weapons is bullshit. Crawler headshot window is bullshit. Removal of Grenade Launcher is bullshit. Spartan Laser is still bullshit. Sarah Palmer is bullshit. Dudebro Spartans running out with shotguns is bullshit. Spartan Ops dialogue is bullshit. Audio mixing is bullshit. Lack of flag dropping is bullshit. Waypoint over flag carrier is bullshit. Not having Specialization perks for custom games is bullshit. Not giving Europeans Specializations is bullshit. Forcing one code per account is bullshit. Locking away armors to certain preorders is bullshit. Spawning asymmetrically on Haven is bullshit. Spawning asymmetrically on Abandon is bullshit. Deciding on three pieces of DLC before the game is out is bullshit. Double XP is bullshit. Framerate during split screen is bullshit. Framerate during Dominion is bullshit. Forge having only white pieces is bullshit. Player inertia is bullshit. Power weapons in personal ordnance is bullshit. No medal for Perfections is bullshit. Instant respawn always on is bullshit. Lack of skulls in Spartan Ops is bullshit. Lack of Campaign scoring is bullshit. Lack of Firefight is bullshit. Always checking for downloadable content is bullshit. Lack of any Forge maps in Matchmaking is bullshit. Lobby design is bullshit. The light beam on Solace is bullshit. Friendly fire disabled in Infinity Slayer is bullshit. Kill cams being incredibly buggy is bullshit. Starting matches with uneven teams is bullshit. Clipping into corners is bullshit. Removal of weapon specific sprees is bullshit. Information overload is bullshit. Waypoint over every enemy is Spartan Ops is bullshit. Scrolling arrows UI in the menu is bullshit. UI for Specializations is bullshit. Waypoint app not updating to Halo 4 is bullshit. Armor Abilities looking the same when on the ground is bullshit. Gravity volumes forced to 5x5 and 10x10 is bullshit. Limiting certain Forge items to one palette is bullshit. Forge items being .2 units longer than an even .0 or .5 is bullshit. Forge items not being even with the world coordinates is bullshit. Active roster not being organized by name is bullshit.
Amazing.

Can you go into what you and your friends didn't like? Just the guns? gameplay? lack of current ranking system? etc.

We did not like:
- spawning with BRs and DMRs (Everyone should've started with ARs)
- Ordinance system (some people could get lucky and easily get an incineration cannon)
- Same 5 maps over and over (Everyone just votes Haven)
- Spartan Ops/ Campaign COOP lag (Gets really annoying on Legendary)
- Promethean Vision
- And some other shit that Karl2177 posted

Ken

We did not like:
- Ordinance system (some people could get lucky and easily get an incineration cannon)

:|

JHall

We did not like:

wut

Edit: Now about the DMR vs BR. How about they just combined them. Have a single shot rifle with a 2x scope. I don't like the burst fire(too much randomness at long range) and the 3x scope on the DMR makes it an absolute monster. There DMR vs BR problem solved.

Talents

Banned
We did not like:
- Promethean Vision
- And some other shit that Karl2177 posted

vomiting.gif

Me pls. European peon (Europeon?) who got the game shortly after launch (fucking Amazon shipment) but got screwed thanks to US only policy.

I swore I was done with H4, but since not getting a code pushed me over the edge, I'll reconsider if I get one.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I understand there is helpful criticism here and we have a LOT of good posters, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. My main point is for every 1 Ghaleon, Juices, Dax, Overdoziz, or even Kyle, we have a million minkTANKS, Duji, and other shitty posters who go on the attack instead of cooling down and making well thought-out posts. I imagine if I were a poster here and made the game I would be immediately turned off by people who waltz around saying that it's shitty just as much as I would probably hate the Hydras and Cyclones for not being honest and true (all the time, yes, Cyclone made the one post) about what they would like to see different.

Having to dig around to find the gold isn't worth having to see the million degrading posts (to me anyway).

For instance, if that kid had said "Waypoint for iOS is really laggy" then someone could come along and say "we are having backend issues" or "there is an update soon." Instead he said, "waypoing for iOS is a piece of shit." Where do you begin to respond to that?

Hey, it's like some of you guys are finally maturing and getting the picture now - taking good points and wrapping them in dung and flinging them while dragging knuckles across your keyboards is not going to get those points across. For every good constructive post on here, it is buried in dozens upon dozens upon dozens of ridiculously-childish, annoying posts that would make any reasonable person turn away in disgust, let alone the people who made said game.

These are the kind of posts you'd expect on other forums, let them stay over there. The devs, who are actually members of GAF first and foremost, and long before kids came along on here with the lame jokes, would probably get back to posting more if they didn't have to expect this kind of mess from people who should know better. I'm pretty sure they'd like to fix whatever the community on a whole have problems with as well. Hopefully the rest of this community sees the light like you are right now.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Second time matched w/ MLG vets. Trueskill working.
jk jk

I find myself shaking my head reading when the 1% talk about what the other 99% want. Just feels so off base most of the time. Comparing LoL to FPSs isn't apples to apples. Ranks only work if they make you feel good. Your average FPS player wouldn't play CE or H2 over COD, the population wouldn't sky rocket. I find it funny that people want "pure" Halo but want higher populations. It isn't going to happen, because it can't. Space marines aren't going to bring the hordes anymore unless they get really gritty graphically. Most players are going to go to other polished FPSs w/ a lesser skill gaps.

Ghandi took leaderboard spreadsheets to brag at school, then complains the H3 was too inclusive. I kind of get what he was saying, but I think he's countering his own position. More kids can brag about whatever prestige they are- not everyone is born Ghandi.

You could have had ranks day 1, and yeah, more people would probably play more to grind out those ranks. Then they'd get desperate and shit on the experience. Boosting and booting. 343 probably lost minimal sales because of the lack of ranks, but they achieved what they wanted, getting rid of the bulk of shananagians in MM. It also isn't hard to understand that they don't feel like going out of their way to meet the needs to a bulk of the population that crushes the MM experience.

All and all, there is so much noise. People bitching about AAs, whatever... they are game-breaking, OP'd. I think Frankie was pretty spot on when he said they really don't matter much, because they haven't swayed a single game for me. The camping isn't there, gameplay is solid. Things like JiP toggles and some of the spawning, I think those are tangible things that would substantially improve the fun factor. But I also don't buy the opinion that any of those things are the reason more than a minuscule percentage aren't playing H4.

blamite

Me pls. European peon (Europeon?) who got the game shortly after launch (fucking Amazon shipment) but got screwed thanks to US only policy.

I swore I was done with H4, but since not getting a code pushed me over the edge, I'll reconsider if I get one.

check PMs. If it turns out it doesn't work outside of the US let me know.

orznge

Banned
Second time matched w/ MLG vets. Trueskill working.
jk jk

I find myself shaking my head reading when the 1% talk about what the other 99% want. Just feels so off base most of the time. Comparing LoL to FPSs isn't apples to apples. Ranks only work if they make you feel good. Your average FPS player wouldn't play CE or H2 over COD, the population wouldn't sky rocket. I find it funny that people want "pure" Halo but want higher populations. It isn't going to happen, because it can't. Space marines aren't going to bring the hordes anymore unless they get really gritty graphically. Most players are going to go to other polished FPSs w/ a lesser skill gaps.

Ghandi took leaderboard spreadsheets to brag at school, then complains the H3 was too inclusive. I kind of get what he was saying, but I think he's countering his own position. More kids can brag about whatever prestige they are- not everyone is born Ghandi.

You could have had ranks day 1, and yeah, more people would probably play more to grind out those ranks. Then they'd get desperate and shit on the experience. Boosting and booting. 343 probably lost minimal sales because of the lack of ranks, but they achieved what they wanted, getting rid of the bulk of shananagians in MM. It also isn't hard to understand that they don't feel like going out of their way to meet the needs to a bulk of the population that crushes the MM experience.

All and all, there is so much noise. People bitching about AAs, whatever... they are game-breaking, OP'd. I think Frankie was pretty spot on when he said they really don't matter much, because they haven't swayed a single game for me. The camping isn't there, gameplay is solid. Things like JiP toggles and some of the spawning, I think those are tangible things that would substantially improve the fun factor. But I also don't buy the opinion that any of those things as being the reason anything other than a minuscule percentage of people aren't playing H4.

lol

Karl2177

wut

Edit: Now about the DMR vs BR. How about they just combined them. Have a single shot rifle with a 2x scope. I don't like the burst fire(too much randomness at long range) and the 3x scope on the DMR makes it an absolute monster. There DMR vs BR problem solved.

And why shouldn't it be an absolute monster? I've proposed many times to keep the DMR away from loadouts. I've made my own gametypes and maps built around the idea of the DMR and SAW being pickup weapons because of their power. Lower the shots to kill on the DMR by one and now you have a weapon that is true to Halo canon(reds can fight blues), is a power point on the map(less focus on random drops and more on choke points), and an anti-sniper weapon that can cross map without having spread(issue that the Halo 3 BR had).

So either my xbox is breaking, or Halo 4 is breaking my xbox.. every time I am playing Halo 4 MP it suddenly kicks me back to the dashboard saying my disc tray is trying to open. It doesn't, but I have to open and close it to get it to read the disc. I have the game installed, so maybe it got corrupted somehow? Blah. Im playing some AC3 to see if it happens there.

Coz McFarlane make bullshit halo stuff. The majority of the the stuff is lazy out of scale bullshit.

I think McFarlane has 3-4 scales in operations currently.

Reach Scale
Halo 3 Scale
Halo 4 Scale.

WTF. Iv got a Jorge that's bigger than an elite and a brute thats smaller than chief....

This is what collectors have to deal with.

Yeah, its certainly annoying.

Just want to say, I am absolutely loving some of the panoramas being posted at HBO.

Man, that is pretty.

Hoping to get my code soon since I just completed Wetwork and started Operator. I even asked my brother to check his email and he does not have the code either. Hopefully 343i is going to address this more this week instead of reposting the same feedback from the Waypoint forums to their front page.

I have always received email from Xbox.com, including the one mentioning this specialization offer weeks ago, so I cannot comprehend why this email is nowhere to be found. Oh well, I still have 8 ranks to go until this is a huge disaster.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member

Truly the worst.

"100 million dollars couldn't fund enough R&D to figure out a way to stop "shenanigans" in competitive matchmaking"

Think Bungie called it the Arena. Think 343 probably used some of that $100 mil and realized people would always find ways to ruin in. Decided they cared much more about their average consumers and fans not getting kicked offline rather than what 69SWAG420 thinks about his 50.

Top Bottom