• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Can anyone find me a link to the halo 4 brute concept art that was posted a few days again (maybe longer) in in my phone and its tedious to find stuff.

Really could use it I'll owe you if you find me it

today has potential to be glorious

2NGTo.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Sprint is 100% needed in Halo 4. I don't want my Spartan walking around the map like a tourist.
Of course maps like complex won't work with it, but now you can remake every map and don't have to care about sprint ruining it. played on lockout and foundation the gametype with the settings monkey posted above. It was Halo 2..

Pop

So where can I download that no sprint, Halo 2 feel?

Is it in the dudes fileshare. You can still search by gamertag to download.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just remember, that having modded content in YOUR fileshare is against the Live TOS and can result in your account being banned from Live or getting banned from Halo 4's matchmaking. What Over just said. :)

Not to single you out, but I think you're the only person I've ever heard defend jetpack in regular multiplayer.
I'm fine with being singled out as the jetpack guy :)

I used to lobby for jetpacks on the Bungie forums during Halo 2 development and then here on NeoGaf during Halo 3 development. In Halo 2's campaign we fought jetpacking elites in space and I couldn't help but be jealous of them. It's like the sword elites in Halo 1, or the fuel rod grunts in Halo 1. Bad guys get all the good toys! So when jetpacks were finally announced for Halo Reach, I almost expected some credit for the idea, because up until then I seemed to be the only guy asking for them!

Who doesn't wanna be Boba Fett? Just as you can master perfectly-timed jumps to reach your destination, being able to jetpack adds a whole new element to agility in Halo. Jetpacking is a great way to use shortcuts to quickly get to the hill or the oddball, but it's also a handy tool for both offensive and defensive maneuvers. Dodge sword/hammer dudes and move in for the assassination! Take advantage of that gravity lift and use your jetpack to fly even farther! Dodge a charging ghost! Fly into an unsuspecting base to grab the flag! Or, save your ass when you don't quite reach that ledge over a bottomless pit.

Bottom line - if you don't like it, don't use it. Besides, most anti-jetpack players tend to brag about how easy it is to kill jetpackers due to their noise and visibility. I don't think it's "hurting the flow of gamplay," which is quite subjective by the way. Armor lock is an ability that I do agree hurts the flow of gameplay, as it essentially hit the pause button on combat - a notion that certainly does not belong in Halo. However, I have yet to hear one good argument of why jetpacks don't belong in Halo.

Jetpacks are a big fuck you to map design and sightlines.

Everyone here says it. How do you not see that. How.

How so? I'd love to get some serious discussion about it instead of these one or two sentence explanations. That's why I spent time writing a few paragraphs describing exactly why I enjoy them. What exactly is the problem here?

Everyone I know IRL who I've played Halo with since the beginning loves jetpacks. It's just HaloGaf who I've heard hating on them.

IHaveIce

Banned
Also kind of disappointing us the lack if easter eggs in the campaign, or are they so well hidden :/

didn't read abything about somebody finding anything great.. not that they could share it or capture it with theater

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dominion is really good because a lot of the people who play it are terrible
including myself most of the time
. Which means it will help me when grinding towards my next specialization. It'll pad my service record with losses so I don't hit the monthly challenge of 70 wins right before I'm completing my specialization so the bonus XP goes to waste because it doesn't carry over.

Yes, this is what I've been reduced to.

Bobs' trying to get people banned, is there no end to your treachery?!

Really smart guys, asking here. Just saying'.

Just remember, that having modded content in YOUR fileshare is against the Live TOS and can result in your account being banned from Live or getting banned from Halo 4's matchmaking. What Over just said. :)

I'm pretty sure having modded gametypes or maps on your fileshare will get you banned.

Yeah my bad. I am just so desperate to play good settings!

Top Bottom