• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

heckfu

Banned
Patch a awesome glitch, still leave the broken stuff. Awesome.

I understand it was fun and a cool glitch but you can't POSSIBLY pick and choose the broken stuff you want fixed. I also understand that some stuff is still broken and that sucks, because I completely agree, but this is crazy.

Uh, I can make a reveal thread tomorrow night, if that's what you're talking about (and if it actually happens). The OT won't get posted until 2 weeks before release...

I really hope that reveal comes tomorrow night, Im really getting excited for the game. Hell, maybe it will help if it competes against Halo, then Halo will have something else to stray towards other than COD.. But seriously, if Halo keeps being good and gets better, and Destiny is awesome... Ill be very happy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the bulletin, some PM's and quickly looking at some forums I have this list so far:

1. Fixed exploit locations on Haven
2. Fixed exploit locations on Adrift
3. Introduced Ordnance drop issues on Haven (oops)
4. Fixed the final kill cams (some gametypes, still reporting bugged)
5. Can't do boltshot reload glitch
6. No more super grenade throw
7. Some matchmaking parameters, players reporting smoother games
8. DLC only working on one profile fixed
9. Launching Waypoint from Halo 4 in game menu, no more crashing (try reinstalling Waypoint if problem persists)
10. Last Strike medal fixed
Props for this, dude.

What is #8 about though? Does it now work on multiple profiles all on the console or the other way around?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Crossing my fingers and curlin' my tail for a Destiny reveal tomorrow.

I don't think this was posted yet.. Waypoint actually posted the what the TU did:

"The next time you log into Halo 4, you will be prompted to download a title update. This particular title update tackles actual game and gameplay issues, not sandbox tweaks and balances. We have another TU in the works and will continue working on the timing and content of the next one. For now, here is a change list of what was included in today's title update.

• Implemented general stability improvements
• Fixed glitch where quickly reloading after firing the Boltshot resulted in an instant reload
• Fixed glitch where sprinting prior to activating the Hardlight Shield allowed players to move faster
• Fixed glitch were players could throw a grenade and then immediately sprint afterwards to perform a high velocity grenade
• Fixed glitch where Mantis could fire more rockets without reloading if the machine gun was fired partway through unleashing the charged missile barrage
• Fixed issue where DLC was unavailable for other profiles on the same console
• Fixed issue where DLC disappeared after console reboot
• Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign
• Fixed issue where players were not given credit for completion of a Spartan Ops Episode Difficulty Challenge when completing it through Matchmaking
• Fixed issue where players with 99 or more Xbox LIVE friends could not get File recommendations
• Fixed issue where loadout configurations were lost if the game was booted and then powered off before passing the “Press START” screen
• Fixed issue where attempting to upload large films to the File Share under poor network conditions caused the upload to fail
• Improved time to load variants with separate profiles
• Fixed issue where moving a profile from one controller port to another after relaunching the game reset loadout settings
• Improved consistency of random ordnance navigation marker display
• Fixed performance issues when launching Halo Waypoint from Halo 4

We will update everyone when we have more information about the next Halo 4 TU. If you'd like to read more about this TU or the upcoming Matchmaking playlist update, please check out the 12.06 edition of the Halo Bulletin."

Karl2177

I'd guess tomorrow will bring, if anything, a CG trailer of Destiny and nothing more.

Bricks would still be shat if this were the case. But even then, Bungie would probably do it in engine. They love showing off what they can do with their engines, look at every demo post-Halo CE days.

Yeah, I need something to look forward too. If Destiny is going to be what I'm hoping, it should be something that's worth looking forward too. It also helps that I love Bungie's way of releasing info.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Love the patch details! Thank you!

Also, another NPD bit. Apparently Halo 4 sold more than CoD on 360. Shows popularity of MP vs Campaign for both titles considering the XBL rankings. Really interesting.

Edit: Correction! This statement is false. Sorry

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bungie |OT13| Relationship with Halo 4 "complicateed"

Love the patch details! Thank you!

Also, another NPD bit. Apparently Halo 4 sold more than CoD on 360. Shows popularity of MP vs Campaign for both titles considering the XBL rankings. Really interesting.
:O

Source, if I may ask?

Geoff Keighley's "That just happened" tweet is the only thing that makes me deem it plausible. The Bungie response to reveal questions has usually been "see you in 2013", but maybe that's just referring to the release date.

I'll be watching the VGAs, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not even Destiny can make me watch that.

I'll see the trailers and such on the webs right after the show.

TrounceX

If anyone wants to play some H4 tonight send me a FR -

GT: Trounce

I don't care at all how good you are. I Have the night off and just want to relax and play some games.

CyReN

Bravo just announced he with 343, yay I can finally talk.

He is working HARD on fixing the game, it depends on how much 343 lets him (or listens).

Props for this, dude.

What is #8 about though? Does it now work on multiple profiles all on the console or the other way around?

Apparently a number of Waypoint users are reporting it does now work for multiple profiles on the same console. I don't run multiple profiles so I can't verify it for you, just gathering the various reports.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't think this was posted yet.. Waypoint actually posted the what the TU did:

"The next time you log into Halo 4, you will be prompted to download a title update. This particular title update tackles actual game and gameplay issues, not sandbox tweaks and balances. We have another TU in the works and will continue working on the timing and content of the next one. For now, here is a change list of what was included in today's title update.

• Fixed glitch where quickly reloading after firing the Boltshot resulted in an instant reload
• Fixed glitch where sprinting prior to activating the Hardlight Shield allowed players to move faster
• Fixed glitch were players could throw a grenade and then immediately sprint afterwards to perform a high velocity grenade
• Fixed glitch where Mantis could fire more rockets without reloading if the machine gun was fired partway through unleashing the charged missile barrage
• Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign
• Fixed issue where players were not given credit for completion of a Spartan Ops Episode Difficulty Challenge when completing it through Matchmaking
• Fixed issue where players with 99 or more Xbox LIVE friends could not get File recommendations
• Fixed issue where loadout configurations were lost if the game was booted and then powered off before passing the “Press START” screen
• Fixed issue where attempting to upload large films to the File Share under poor network conditions caused the upload to fail
• Fixed issue where moving a profile from one controller port to another after relaunching the game reset loadout settings

We will update everyone when we have more information about the next Halo 4 TU. If you'd like to read more about this TU or the upcoming Matchmaking playlist update, please check out the 12.06 edition of the Halo Bulletin."

So lag should be less of an issue hmmm...

DeadNames

Banned

He is working HARD on fixing the game, it depends on how much 343 lets him (or listens).

Oh my God.

Bravo, if you're reading this, please fix ordnance. And add classic slayer.

Congrats anyways dawg! Hope you help everyone <3

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Grats to him, what exactly is he going to be doing? Serving Frankie bacon flavored whiskey wearing a thong made of licorice?

Tell him to try rapidly firing his gun immediately after picking up the flag...almost every time it ignores a trigger pull for me. Surprised to see no mention in the TU notes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tell him to try rapidly firing his gun immediately after picking up the flag...almost every time it ignores a trigger pull for me. Surprised to see no mention in the TU notes.

Also, in Dominion when you cap a base you're frozen in position for about 2 seconds at the podium.

CyReN

I just hope they let him keep in contact with the community and do something similar to David Vonderhaar with community feedback and actual fixes needed. Bravo is listening.

Grats to him, what exactly is he going to be doing? Serving Frankie bacon flavored whiskey wearing a thong made of licorice?

If that gets him the MLG settings he wants, then yes ;)

Their numbers have been known to be bs for years and have been banned on GAF for years.

Personally I've seen this site report very close numbers to the official Microsoft ones in launch week, both were 3.5 million. Due to the nature of retail games sales and distribution they have to use an estimation technique, they even describe this technique in use too. It's very standard for logistics metrics, anyone with retail experience would know this.

The same estimations are in use across all games which leads this site to being one of the most accurate with what is available. I find this site ban ill-sitting with me as I understand what they are doing.

So GAF will allow official Microsoft sale figures, which we have no factual basis to approve of yet they ban a worldwide site that is open and honest about how their metrics are calculated? Once again a lack of understanding leads to a rash decision, I hate that sort of stuff.

It's nice for Bravo that he joined 343, but how much is he going to be able to change the game?

I want to believe he'll fix the bullshit introduced with Halo 4 but I can't. He's just one guy. The only way I can see drastic changes happening to the game is when the population drastically decrease in the coming months.

Oh, wow that is seriously awesome. 343's Halo + Bravo's input should be awesome theoretically. Hopefully he can talk them back into a less random weapon spawning system, and maybe just maybe non power weapons on the maps as well. Personal Ordinance can stay though, I do like it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Sigh ;(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Don't be pinning unrealistic expectations on this Bravo guy.

You could have all the best intentions in the world, and I'm sure he has them right now, but in a few months folks will be calling for his head no matter what happens.

I am not expecting any sudden shifts or significant changes from 343 at this point.

You could have all the best intentions in the world, and I'm sure he has them right now, but in a few months folks will be calling for his head no matter what happens.

I am not expecting any sudden shifts or significant changes from 343 at this point.

Yeah, I'd agree.

Tbh, I'm just really pleased to see such an enthusiastic guy get taken in by 343, much like Rukizzel (is that his handle?).

Exactly. I don't think it's realistic to expect a new guy at a big studio to have much influence over the big changes to a game.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Why are people assuming Bravo was brought in to "fix" Halo 4? Probably have him helping early development stuff with Halo 5. My guess anyway. /shrug

Top Bottom