• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Blops 2 isn't that great. Coming from a CoD fan. I think I prefer Halo this year. Blops 1 was amazing, 2 just feels burnt out.

Also you want to talk about some ugly and confusing UI, Blops 2 has like 600 menus and looks bad. Halo's is not great, but at least I find stuff.

I think the menu (challenges, settings, loadouts, armor etc) is fine for the most part, it is the active roster and party system that is a mess.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't think they're instant, but it'll start to count down from 10 then jump to 3 all of a sudden. It definitely screws with the pace of the match.

Right. Pressing X speeds up the countdown. Happens in Ball too I believe. CTF spawns are fine though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the menu (challenges, settings, loadouts, armor etc) is fine for the most part, it is the active roster and party system that is a mess.

I like the armor/settings "box" in 4 that pops up when hitting start. Also I don't get the roster hate, it's just a list. It's everything else I don't care for (game lobbies, etc.)

really hope tonight's bulletin isn't

"Last week was launch! Here's some pictures! Next week is Grifball! But we have to retire Slayer Pro sorry!"

They simply must return highlighting who the party leader is and grouping the entire party so you know who's in your party away from others in the lobby (same team or other team). Halo 3 had this perfect with the slight vertical colour bar highlight for party members as one group. Simple.

I'd also like them to highlight host in all menus and in game scoreboard etc.

Rev3rb

They simply must return highlighting who the party leader is and grouping the entire party so you know who's in your party away from others in the lobby (same team or other team). Halo 3 had this perfect with the slight vertical colour bar highlight for party members as one group. Simple.

I'd also like them to highlight host in all menus and in game scoreboard etc.

wigg-out.gif

Obviously everywhere it's appropriate to do so, such as during game selection, in game scoreboard and post game stats page.

Ideally in game I'd prefer a host highlight, a ping to host and a ping to me as well. Sure it's a little overkill but you'd be surprised how you'd rationalise "skilled and great performing players" by these metrics.

Fotos

Dat competitive group leaving for Blops.
Infinity looks the same too.

However BTB and Flood unsurprisingly look the same (Because Casuals will play any Halo game that is given to them)

untitled-2.png

Maybe they just realized Infinity Slayer is just better...

Also very negative thread lately. I for one love this game and I am planning to hit the XP cap everyday this thanksgiving break.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Pretty sure that drop was a result of Halocharts being IP-banned from Waypoint for 16 hours. :)

Heh, except no one was IP-banned. We're regular the targets of DDoS attacks and their particular method of getting info was tripping our automated systems. We simply gave them a better solution for getting that info without appearing to be nefarious in nature.

Pretty sure that drop was a result of Halocharts being IP-banned from Waypoint for 16 hours. :)

That makes no sense. They still got a statistic but a lower statistic cause they were banned from getting the statistics?

Its right in line with Blops.

and NPC read my post Infinity Slayer looks very similar to the graph I posted. It drops on the 12/13.

I'm just saying its pretty obvious.

Heh, except no one was IP-banned. We're regular the targets of DDoS attacks and their particular method of getting info was tripping our automated systems. We simply gave them a better solution for getting that info without appearing to be nefarious in nature.

Why not just provide an API or XML or JSON feed officially? Community website developers are using them anyhow and obviously with issues.

Also Walshy streaming with commentary

Walshy commentary

"well first i see a guy and hes all alone so i know i can push him without any problems, i look like a turtle and ohhhh snapshot thats pretty nice"

So um I don't want to be one of "those" jerks but can we get some real info on why there was no beta?

There was, just not a public one. One we werent invited too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So um I don't want to be one of "those" jerks but can we get some real info on why there was no beta?

I'm not exactly sure why, but I have a weird feeling that at some point this game was in development hell. I mean, we didn't see anything until March of this year.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wonder how long it will take to clear out the negativity here. I like the negative feedback for 343 to help them improve stuff, but it seems a lot of it is just to hate on the game with no objective to help make it better.

Fotos

Can you tell us if the level cap is going to change? Because I hit it everyday this weekend and I have never hit it in Reach.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I have a weird feeling that at some point this game was in development hell. I mean, we didn't see anything until March of this year.

I'd put money on marketing campaign over development hell, sure development crunch but they had plenty of time on this one. Also when you have a well oiled game engine like Reach how could you possible screw up a development lifecycle?

Lingitiz

Development hell is DNF. I think its just a combination of 343 being built and having to build a full fledged Halo game in 3 years. It definitely sounds like the November release was absolutely necessary, and if MS had their choice it would've been out in September like the others. If you read Bonnie Ross's writeup on the Bulletin a few weeks ago, it paints a pretty good picture of just how damn hectic the development on this game was.

Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't just wait until next year to launch with the new system. But then again, doing a sequel this late in the generation is probably the safest thing to do for a brand new studio.

Trey

All things considered, Halo 4 struck me as a very safe game. How they handle the post-release content will give me an idea of the kind of ambition they're going to bring to Halo 5.

orznge

Banned
Wonder how long it will take to clear out the negativity here. I like the negative feedback for 343 to help them improve stuff, but it seems a lot of it is just to hate on the game with no objective to help make it better.

typically identifying a problem and how it could be fixed is a way to "help make it better" but no one who has any say in the design process posts, or ever will post here so any criticism of the game is just as relevant as the glowing endorsements that the other half of the thread spits out

seriously, it's okay if you like the game or don't take issue with things the other people take issue with! they're not trying to ruin your game or your fun!

orznge

Banned
All things considered, Halo 4 struck me as a very safe game. How they handle the post-release content will give me an idea of the kind of ambition they're going to bring to Halo 5.

if you sincerely believe that then you are beyond deluded

Top Bottom