• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOGWARTS LEGACY SOLD 256% MORE THAN PREDICTED

Honey Bunny

A new description update on Linkedin from Warner Bros. Senior Global Brand Manager has revealed that Hogwarts Legacy sold 256% more than predicted.

Spotted by Twitter user @bogorad22, the description states, “Achieved 256% to plan sell-thru at launch and exceeded 12M units in sales in first two weeks earning $850M+, secured additional 1.8B impressions through a WBD gaming 1st of its kind Fusion program, and broke all-time Twitch record for most peak concurrent viewers ever for a single player game with 1.3M views.”

jeremy clarkson prime video GIF by The Grand Tour

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don’t follow the franchise but I don’t think there’s been any new movies or books in ages(?).

But the thirst for HP in endless.

Fun fact. About 15 years ago I did a business trip to the US and there was someone who people told me was a big HP fan. The whole family gets into it. I didn’t think of it because how big of a fan can someone be being 40 years old married with kids?

When we got there we met her. Nice person and all.

Then she showed us pics of the whole fam dressing up and their house at Halloween was nuts. The dress up wasn’t just for Halloween either. They dress up when they watch the movies at the theatre.

Last edited:
I don’t follow the franchise but I don’t think there’s been any new movies or books in ages(?).

But the thirst for HP in endless.

Fun fact. About 15 years ago I did a business trip to the US and there was someone who people told me was a big HP fan. The whole family gets into it. I didn’t think of it because how big of a fan can someone be being 40 years old married with kids?

When we got there we met her. Nice person and all.

The man she showed us pics of the whole fam dressing up and their house at Halloween was nuts. Them dress g up wasn’t even for Halloween either. They dress up when they watch the movies at the theatre.
Fantastic Beasts movies are set in the "Harry Potter" world. Last one came out a year ago. It was not great. Neither was the second movie. They done the right thing scrapping that shit show. As for books, well Cursed Child came out in 2016 and JK Rowling said some shit about it being the 8th HP story. It's a play and it's fucking awful. I like to pretend it doesn't exist except when I get to shit on it. You might not guess it but I love Harry Potter. The FB movies and CC were just straight up trash.

It's been 16 years since the last book and 12 years since the last movie. There are still lots of people who love Harry Potter. I've been dreaming of a new HP game for over a decade. I still read HP and watch the movies regularly. I don't dress up to watch them lol but yeah that's something people do. People used to get dressed up to see the movies at the cinema when they came out. Having a HP party or get together isn't uncommon among the fanbase.

Hogwarts Legacy has definitely boosted HP again. A lot of people disagree but I think it's time for a reboot. I would've been up for new movies but I think a TV show is much better. If it ends up being shit I'll just pretend it doesn't exist. As long as I have the books I'm happy.

Meicyn

Gold Member
was this game even that good? Be honest.
I platinumed the game. I thought it had a ton of heart, and I overlooked many of the problems it had. It’s an 8/10 from a gameplay perspective imo, but having a fully realized Hogwart’s alone was insane. The game is a letter of love from the devs, and I can’t wait to see what they come up with for the sequel (or dlc if they change their minds on that).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hopefully for the next game they reach for more than just "Harry Potter in an Open World That's Just. . .Fine."

More dungeons, more enemies, less "open world checkboxes", stick with the spellbook combat, but make the spells have more of a personality, etc. etc.

. . .honestly if they just go bigger (like Shadow of War, HFW, GOWR and every other sequel to a cinematic open world experience) I don't see how they don't top the first one. Like you made all this money on a - lets be honest - adequate game, just do the same game but better and you're looking at a BL2 situation.

SaintALia

WB getting more money, YAYE!
Fantastic Beasts movies are set in the "Harry Potter" world. Last one came out a year ago. It was not great. Neither was the second movie. They done the right thing scrapping that shit show. As for books, well Cursed Child came out in 2016 and JK Rowling said some shit about it being the 8th HP story. It's a play and it's fucking awful. I like to pretend it doesn't exist except when I get to shit on it. You might not guess it but I love Harry Potter. The FB movies and CC were just straight up trash.

It's been 16 years since the last book and 12 years since the last movie. There are still lots of people who love Harry Potter. I've been dreaming of a new HP game for over a decade. I still read HP and watch the movies regularly. I don't dress up to watch them lol but yeah that's something people do. People used to get dressed up to see the movies at the cinema when they came out. Having a HP party or get together isn't uncommon among the fanbase.

Hogwarts Legacy has definitely boosted HP again. A lot of people disagree but I think it's time for a reboot. I would've been up for new movies but I think a TV show is much better. If it ends up being shit I'll just pretend it doesn't exist. As long as I have the books I'm happy.

Man Fantastic beasts was something else. I remember hearing about it and thinking, 'Wow, Harry Potter meets Pokemon, cool'. I figured we were going to get some explorer type dude who went around documenting or sometimes capturing and saving magical creatures across the world. I didn't think we'd be getting Magical Allies VS Magical Hitler. Then the reveal in the first movie, and then the Depp dropout, and the movies' overall quality began to wane. I think they wanted like 5 movies out of it and only got 3? Aww well.

And yeah it does seem like there may be people wanting more HP content out there.

Saber

Gold Member
If this game is selling this absurd amount, just imagine when it launches the PS4 version.
This games had a huge marketing thanks the the screechers.

DaGwaphics

I definitely underestimated HP appeal. The game does look interesting for sure so I'm glad it did well.

I may get it on a deep sale. Not a HP fan typically and I don't need more open world right this second. I can see the appeal though.

Same for me. I'm not familiar with the settings or characters at all, which would probably make me not notice a lot of details that fans find important in it. But, I've seen enough reports that the game stands up on its own to give it a shot at the right price.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
The boycott worked!
To quote Stephen Fry: "My only problem with political correctness really, apart from the fact that it's po-faced, sanctimonious, self-righteous occasionally, is that it's not effective. I believe one of the greatest human failings is to prefer to be right than to be effective. And political correctness is always obsessed with how right it is, without thinking of how effective it might be."

Freeman76

Well deserved, magical experience that was. Must admit the further away from Hogwarts/Hogsmeade I got the more generic it felt, but that didnt matter at all becausr it was just so good in every other department.

Top Bottom