• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami |OT| - All your LSD are belong to us. You are already dead

tumblr_mi2a6ytsLp1qgbo4uo1_1280.jpg

Dave_6

I've got Steam on my current desktop (1.5 year old Dell, nothing impressive at all) only because I got the 'free' PC copy of Portal 2 with the PS3 version. I am currently in the process of gathering parts for a new build; if I buy this on Steam tonight, can I transfer it over to the new PC once I have it up and running?

I really want to try this game out after reading so many positive things about it, plus what I have heard of the soundtrack ROCKS.

Erasus

I've got Steam on my current desktop (1.5 year old Dell, nothing impressive at all) only because I got the 'free' PC copy of Portal 2 with the PS3 version. I am currently in the process of gathering parts for a new build; if I buy this on Steam tonight, can I transfer it over to the new PC once I have it up and running?

I really want to try this game out after reading so many positive things about it, plus what I have heard of the soundtrack ROCKS.

All games are tied to your account. They are on your account. No limited installed. No "deactivations" needed.

Why wait? Start playing tonight. A year and a half old PC should be able to run it no problem.

Dave_6

Why wait? Start playing tonight. A year and a half old PC should be able to run it no problem.

I wasn't going to wait. That's why I was asking if I could transfer it over once I get my new one finished.

Is it fairly easy to play with a KBM?

rjfs

Neo Member

Code sent, anyone else?

FloatOn

Just beat the main story. How tough are the bonus chapters? Should I bother?

I did enjoy the ride, it just weighed me down a bit. Pretty stressful game.

Nabs

Just beat the main story. How tough are the bonus chapters? Should I bother?

I did enjoy the ride, it just weighed me down a bit. Pretty stressful game.

The extra chapters will just take a few min. You should have stopped stressing towards the end and hit glow status.

Just checked their twitter for the first time in weeks (I'd forgotten the game existed, the wait has been so long) and the latest word is that the mac version will arrive next week. Which is nice.

Still, having bought it in early December while on sale after seeing the developer say that the mac version was imminent, it does leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth given that it's now three months later.

sn00zer

This is easily the most fucked up game I have ever played.... incredibly unnerving, could only play it for an hour before feeling really uneasy
EDIT: Reminded me of Eraser HEad actually

just got this on steam. very interesting game but the controls take a while to get used to as im not used to playing with KB/M. is this the best way to play it though?

Shaneus

just got this on steam. very interesting game but the controls take a while to get used to as im not used to playing with KB/M. is this the best way to play it though?
I played it with a controller and never felt disadvantaged... I actually struggled to see how anyone could play it with a KBAM setup. But then, some people can't see how anyone is able to play this with a pad, though, so you never know which is better until you try, I guess.

I played it with a controller and never felt disadvantaged... I actually struggled to see how anyone could play it with a KBAM setup. But then, some people can't see how anyone is able to play this with a pad, though, so you never know which is better until you try, I guess.

i might buy an X360 wireless receiver - do you have to use the 360 pad or can anything with dual sticks work?

I dont like the keyboard controls im just not used to them.

Shaneus

You mean, have to use a 360 pad with the receiver, or just with HM in general? I'm not sure if it's required, but I have a feeling if you have some other kind of dual-stick pad, you can get an app which lets you "emulate" a 360 pad and remap buttons/sticks.

EmSeta

Just finished it. An amazing experience, especially the Disco level. Can't wait for the sequel.

Btw, the Mac version is out, but it doesn't support gamepads, so I ended up using Boot Camp + Wired 360 controller.

Just finished this. Started playing during the holidays but then put it down for a few months, which seems dumb in retrospect. Because man, what a wonderful mindfuck this was. Gameplay is balls-hard and surprisingly deep, in the sense that I was still fine-tuning my skills right up to the final stage. However, what really kept me going was the dreamy slash nightmarish 80's presentation.

One of the best fucking soundtracks of all time didn't hurt either.

Beta patch for Hotline Miami now live on Steam.

Tweet from Developer.

Hotline Miami. Steam. Right-click, go to properties, enter password 'hlm'. New test version w/ online leaderboards, smoother, refinements

Right Click.
Properties.
Beta.
Enter code hlm

Nabs

The beta patch is amazing. We'll need a new thread for it once it's official.

It's the PS3/Vita port but for PC. That means proper resolution/widescreen support, linux, leaderboards, and more.

ScOULaris

Just tried out the beta patch. All that seems to be new is online leaderboards and slightly better performance. The game runs smoother than before, but now there is some pretty noticeable screen tearing that wasn't there before. I hope that they implement a toggle for enabling/disabling vsync, as it appears to be off by default now.

Hilti92

Just got this game with the HumbleBundle and fuck, this game is fantastic. I typically don't like games like this but this is both fun and challenging. I was going to wait until it was on consoles but it was so cheap for PC. How long does it take to beat this game?

Alur

Just got this game with the HumbleBundle and fuck, this game is fantastic. I typically don't like games like this but this is both fun and challenging. I was going to wait until it was on consoles but it was so cheap for PC. How long does it take to beat this game?

Unfortunately not as long as I would have liked. It's just a few hours of investment, in the end, but it definitely sucks you in.

SteveWD40

So I tired the beta patch...

...it murdered my frame rate.

I hope it gets fixed up and goes live soon as it was nice having a launcher / widescreen.

Grinchy

Banned
So I tired the beta patch...

...it murdered my frame rate.

I hope it gets fixed up and goes live soon as it was nice having a launcher / widescreen.

Yeah, same here. I've had this problem since the day the beta was being offered. I tried again today thinking maybe it had updated.

Is this beta not broken for everyone else? I get shitty framerate and a ton of tearing, despite the fact that it used to play fine. It also erased my save file, but whatever. I'll play again. Really shitty beta so far.

Coconut

Banned
Finally got around to playing this game last night. This game has been sitting on my hard drive for 6 months, that's 6 months I could have been playing this game, but instead I had to wait for the hype to die down. Dear sweet lord this game is amazing.

My question to y'all is does anyone notice like a similar feeling, tone, and presentation in this game as what Geasshopper has going on in No More Heroes?

Finally got around to playing this game last night. This game has been sitting on my hard drive for 6 months, that's 6 months I could have been playing this game, but instead I had to wait for the hype to die down. Dear sweet lord this game is amazing.

My question to y'all is does anyone notice like a similar feeling, tone, and presentation in this game as what Geasshopper has going on in No More Heroes?

Go play the old stuff Cactus made pre-Hotline and then rethink that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I got the PS3 version a few days ago and this game has really clicked with me. Essentially its Pac Man + psycho killers. The music and aesthetic are awesome and I have a feeling everything the MC is doing is going to be turned upside down when reality hits.

Top Bottom