• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

Jacobi

Banned
Hyrule Warriors - starring Link and his generic friends!
These characters really look very dw-y... Could fit in any dynasty warrior game...

georly

Woah fire guy is wearing Volvagia.

4hnG6l3.jpg
260px-Volvagia.png

volvagia.png

Word! Even his staff, or whatever weapon that is, is modeled off volvagia's claws/talons.

Maybe all ocarina bosses have been humanized anthropomorphized.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Im pretty sure in SS it was specified that it was just a mark that he can get the Triforce not to say he has the triforce.

The mark means anything at this point, in some games it shows you have a piece, in others it shows that you are chosen

TriGen

We need a new video from GameXplain. Until now there hasn't been anything new to analysis since this was first announced.

RagnarokX

Im pretty sure in SS it was specified that it was just a mark that he can get the Triforce not to say he has the triforce.

In Skyward Sword Link doesn't get a mark until he attains a piece of triforce and he gains a mark for every piece he collects.

In OoT and Wind Waker Link doesn't get a mark until he gets his piece of the triforce.

In TP Link is pretty much born with the triforce already but the game doesn't make a big deal about anyone's piece but Ganon's.

The pre OoT games are the ones where they have a mark but no triforce, but then it's just a birthmark. Link's mark is glowing in that screenshot.

georly

In Skyward Sword Link doesn't get a mark until he attains a piece of triforce and he gains a mark for every piece he collects.

In OoT and Wind Waker Link doesn't get a mark until he gets his piece of the triforce.

In TP Link is pretty much born with the triforce already but the game doesn't make a big deal about anyone's piece but Ganon's.

The pre OoT games are the ones where they have a mark but no triforce, but then it's just a birthmark. Link's mark is glowing in that screenshot.

Exactly. This can't take place before SS, I don't think, because the triforce was locked away in the sacred realm, and SS link was (presumably) the first to get them (AND he gets all 3!). This would have to take place AFTER SS, I think. If it's canon at all.

zeldablue

Is Link going to fight armies that aren't monster related? Like Gorons and Zoras etc?

Exactly. This can't take place before SS, I don't think, because the triforce was locked away in the sacred realm, and SS link was (presumably) the first to get them (AND he gets all 3!). This would have to take place AFTER SS, I think. If it's canon at all.

If this game was canon...I'd place it in the Child's Timeline before or after Twilight Princess.

This Link is pretty.

Yeah...

I am quite interested after reading the description. Never played a Musou game (though IIRC I did play a demo of one on PS3), so it will be my first if I do buy it or of I try a friend's.

As long as there are enemies other than humans (like weird creatures like Peahats and Chu's, and especially large, awesome bosses), I will remain hyped.

Telma or BUST!

You were making a pun, but it was actually prophetic in a way. lol

jnWake

This looks pretty good. I've never played a Warriors game but... it's Zelda!

Also, lol at people making such a big deal about boobs.

Espada

Wow, this Link is really feminine compared to previous designs. It's not a major change, but it's certainly noticeable.

This game sounds like fun, but hopefully they don't screw up the character roster with really dumb choices. I'd love for folks like Vaati, Midna, Groose, etc... to be playable. Embrace the non-canon nature of this opportunity!

I'll probably enjoy this Zelda more than I enjoyed Skyrim.

I've kinda gotten tired of the whole "introduction, puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, exposition bomb, backtrack puzzle, backtrack puzzle backtrack puzzle, end boss, end game."

The combat in this looks fun, and the story straightforward.

Top Bottom