• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

peronmls

c3R5Ql0.jpg

This one reminds me of Poe Sister Meg and Rovatwins

watershed

Banned
Those screenshots are surprisingly good considering how rough this game looked in it's initial trailer. Even though I don't own a Wii U, and don't plan on getting this game, I'm interested just for the "story" and timeline stuff.

RiggyRob

I wonder if Nintendo could use this game to experiment with voice acting.

But what would Link sound like? I can't even imagine how they'd deliver the dialogue for him, having several HYAAAAAs as a baseline isn't really indicative of his accent.

L~A

Yup, full scans are now available online, show more screenshots.

I can't wait for Famitsu to post the whole thing on their website!

georly

Oh man, new scans.

Despite the fact that the bokoblins/lizalfos/impa are based off skyward sword, there's a fair amount of OOT references, such as the Poe salesman guy, as well as volvagia. This can't possibly be canon anymore, which is fine.

Also, impa's assets look roughly the same as SS, no team-ninja-ficataion.

Yup, full scans are now available online, show more screenshots.

I can't wait for Famitsu to post the whole thing on their website!

Are they official, can they be posted here? I really want to.

Edit: Also, I freaking LOVE the new version of impa. I really like that she uses a greatsword. Phenomenal. She'd be so good for smash bros now.

Kandinsky

Scans of the famitsu article in question, which are banned on neogaf. Other websites have them, though. Ones related to silicone or 'going' to nintendo.

Scans. They are up on some Nintendo sites but can't be posted on GAF.

Ah ok, thanks.
Expect it. I bet 0 dollars at the end of the e3 Zelda trailer it will zoom in on Link and he'll just say like 'Let's go' or 'see you there' or something.
Yeah, I'm going with a "Zeldaaaa!!!" scream at the end :/

Village

Why not.

Its a non cannon zelda musou game.

also considering Link hasn't been us... since a long ass time, and I don't about dumb nostalgia silence or whatever your justification is , It would be an interesting artistic experiment.

Five bucks says english link would be JYB

RiggyRob

Link had plenty of voice acting in wind waker. He said 'Come on!'

I think it's fair to say Wind Waker Link would sound differently to Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess Link.

To see if fans respond to it positively - Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff game with no canonical link to the main Zelda series, it'd be nice to see them try something out without the risk of a backlash.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Those screenshots are surprisingly good considering how rough this game looked in it's initial trailer.

I'm getting the trademark Team Ninja Bullshot™ vibe from these pics, but I don't see why the game won't end up on the same level as recent Musou games, visually. Sengoku Musou 4 for example looks great on PS3.

Ninjimbo

I like the art style on these characters. Link looks awesome.

I wasn't interested in this game, but seeing as how it's Zelda and I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, I think I might pick this up.

Het_Nkik

But what would Link sound like? I can't even imagine how they'd deliver the dialogue for him, having several HYAAAAAs as a baseline isn't really indicative of his accent.

Probably like Joe from King of Fighters. That was his adult Link OoT voice actor. Well I guess that would cover Japanese Link, anyway. I don't know what English Link would sound like.

Top Bottom