• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In key battleground state of Alaska, Johnson and Trump are left off the voting guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...trump-campaign-left-out-of-alaska-voter-guide

Alaskans won’t find any information about Donald Trump in their voter’s guide this year, after the GOP presidential nominee's campaign failed to submit biographical data and a candidate statement.

The voter guide, which hit mailboxes this weekend, includes candidate statements from Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, Green Party nominee Jill Stein and her running mate, Ajamu Baraka, the Constitution Party nominee and an independent candidate. But state elections officials say the Trump campaign and Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson did not submit materials ahead of an Aug. 30 deadline.

Josie Bahnke, Alaska’s director of elections, sent letters to the Republican National Committee, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Tuckerman Babcock, the chairman of the Alaska Republican Party, seeking information from the Trump campaign. But none of those groups responded in time to be included in the pamphlet.

Trump’s campaign in Alaska is run by Jim Crawford, a conservative businessman. The campaign in May named former state Rep. Tom Anderson, who served a five-year prison sentence in 2007 after being convicted of money laundering and bribery charges during his time in office, as its state spokesman, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

This is intern level stuff. When Jill Stein has a better ground game then you.

Kaladin

This is the kind of thing Trump will go up in the polls for because his followers will claim conspiracy to keep him off the guide.

This is the kind of thing Trump will go up in the polls for because his followers will claim conspiracy to keep him off the guide.

It is a conspiracy. A conspiracy of mass incompetence on the part of the Trump campaign.

You'll be shocked to find out how far this thing goes!

To be fair, the last three polls in Alaska were:

Trump +5.5
Trump +3
Trump +1

So yeah, it kind of is a battleground! Nice going, GOP.

commedieu

Banned
It is a conspiracy. A conspiracy of mass incompetence on the part of the Trump campaign.

You'll be shocked to find out how far this thing goes!

Actually. This was pointed out on a radio show I was listening to. In order for their to be voter fraud/rigging. Republican voting management in their districts would have to also participate in riggign the election for crooked should be in jail hillary.

So Trump literally has a convicted criminal as his campaign representative in Alaska? I guess Trump supporters won't appreciate the irony of attempting to make an issue of ethics into a criminal case when their own campaign representative (endorsed by the campaign) is literally a criminal. Is that correct or did I misread?

Slayven

So Trump literally has a convicted criminal as his campaign representative in Alaska? I guess Trump supporters won't appreciate the irony of attempting to make an issue of ethics into a criminal case when their own campaign representative (endorsed by the campaign) is literally a criminal. Is that correct or did I misread?
Nah you are reading that right, and he isn't the first one.

geomon

People pumping this narrative are really just...I don't know, totally out of sync or something.
tumblr_nvzttiFzDK1sgq8s0o1_500.gif

The campaign in May named former state Rep. Tom Anderson, who served a five-year prison sentence in 2007 after being convicted of money laundering and bribery charges during his time in office, as its state spokesman, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

This person is the state spokesman? The way Americans view criminal offenses is mind boggling. I'll bet you a man who committed a petty crime like theft would get way more ill judgement than a man who launders money and bribes people with it.

Christian

This person is the state spokesman? The way Americans view criminal offenses is mind boggling. I'll bet you a man who committed a petty crime like theft would get way more ill judgement than a man who launders money and bribes people with it.

It's really not that mindboggling. Just ask yourself this: is the person that committed the crime white? If yes, subtract 40 years from sentence.

Slayven

Not mind boggling, since Trump and or his people nominated him

Chris R

Let's not oversell things, Alaska isn't a battleground state.

Hell, the election will be called before I even get a chance to vote most likely.

Still pretty damn funny listening to the radio the past few weeks

Boney

Banned
That's what caught my eye as well.

It's just absurd at this point.

Hell, the election will be called before I even get a chance to vote most likely.

It's not, but it's way closer than it should be, which I think is the joke.

Biske

Stuff like this gives me hope this election cycle

When you realize just how inept and incompetent he and his campaign are. Will not be surprised if he fails to get people to actually get out and vote and performs even worse than polls are indicating.

JordanN

Banned
On one hand, I'm glad this gives Jill Stein a bigger chance. On the other, I feel bad Johnson gets grouped with Trump.

G.O.O.

Any reason for Alaska to always vote republican btw ? Is it because of the oil industry or something else ?

gcubed

The only thing it isn't is "key", but it's definitely in the range with other perennial battleground states like Georgia, Arizona and Utah

It's crazy to think how some of these typically blood red states are a lot lighter than usual. Trump will ultimately win them and all, but still, could be a real disaster in the longterm if the GOP doesn't pull together.

And it also makes states like my goddamn TN even the more embarrassing by still being blood red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom