- Dec 22, 2018
God of War was considered by most the best game of 2018, but let's forget about RDR2 and compare it to another Sony game, Spider-man:
- Story and characters = Spider-man story was significantly better and more emotional, God of War was just MacGuffins - The Game to deliver the mother ashes for no special reason.
- Characters = SM had much better written and multidimensional characters, while God of War characters were mostly shallow and one note, Kratos just say "Boy" and cliché tough dad shit all the game. And better not talk about the "character development" thing they tried with Atreus.
- Tranversal = Spider-man has one of the better transversals if not the best of any game, it's so good you might not even want to use fast travel most of the time. God of War was some boring ass backtracking through corridors and you better use fast travel, even with shit loading times (on PS4).
- Combat = Both had very good combat mechanics, i still give the nod to SM, it's just more fun and dynamic, but when you consider things like enemy variety and bosses, it's not even close, Spider-man is magnitudes superior.
- Soundtrack = Tie, both well produced albeit a bit generic, but they're equally competent.
- Graphics = Tie, both among the best of the generation, i prefer SM's setting but it's just a matter of taste.
So, as someone who played both back to back, it's pretty clear Spider-man is a much better game, am i crazy or do i just have shit taste?