• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac/Ted Price talk about Sunset Ovedrive, helmed by Resistance leads

derFeef

Is it just a panel discussion over what the game's goals are or are they actually going to show gameplay?

http://www.insomniacgames.com/sunset-overdrive-reveal-town-hall-live-stream-tomorrow/
Tomorrow, at 11 AM PDT, we are going to do a Sunset Overdrive Reveal Town-Hall Livestream. We’ll be answering fan questions, discussing the game, and doing a bit o’ Director’s Commentary on the reveal trailer. Just know up front, though, that we won’t be showing gameplay, yet. However, if you want to get a sense of the tone and style of Sunset Overdrive, and have your questions answered – you’re going to want to join us.

I think this sounds plausible. Maybe the game just doesn't fit Sony's portfolio. They do already have one over-the-top open world action game coming in Q1 after all.

Anyway, I love the trailer. Excited to see more of it.

Are you kidding....they'd gladly publish anything from Insomniac that isn't Resistance. It's more of the fact that Insomniac wants to own the IP to all their new games.

James Stevenson has already said publishing with Microsoft allowed them to keep the rights to the IP, whereas Sony retains the rights to all their published IPs.

It seems like Insomniac want to become more like Crytek and Epic games, and make more money on more platforms. Crytek still owns the rights to Crysis, Timesplitters and Homefront, and Epic games owns the rights to Gears of War and a bunch of other games.

Gowans

I'm super excited for this game.

It's like they have mixed a huge barrel of crazy & fun and they are using it as an incubator for this game.

I love the COLOURS! and art style, I bet it's gona look eye dropping in motion.

Copenap

izJtbMIMvYuV1.gif
Holy shit I literally LOL'ed.

TheHater

The last "GOOD" game Insomniac game made was Ratchet and Clank ACiT. Resistance Fall of Man is one of my favorite game ever. Resistance 2 sucked. Resistance 3 sucked even more. The last 2 Ratchet and Clank games sucked even more than Resistance 3. don't get me started on Fuse.
All and all, I have very little hope this game is going to turn out well base on their track record the past few years. Hoping I wrong

methane47

I said Microsoft has more of their own servers to use as of now when compared to Sony. Microsoft has 300 thousand servers recently acquired for the primarily purpose of the Xbox One networking functions,

Incorrect. Its a cloud service, it's Already in use and can be used also for games.

where you mentioned Amazon(the largest online distribution company in the world) only had 500 thousand as of last year. Even if Amazon has many more by this point(which I'm sure they do), why and how would Sony automatically have access to them? They could buy a suite of servers but would they actually do so? The functionality is there, I never denied this or implied only MS could, but Microsoft seems to be taking dedicated servers much more seriously and making them a part of the ecosystem for all titles. Sony has merely mentioned that the functionality is there. Such things remain to be seen though.

Not automatically, but they can, users have shown that current titles on PS3 have already Used amazon servers. And the service does not work in a way that Sony has to buy X amount of servers.

How it works is that a company signs up for the service and deploys their framework. And the amount of servers in "purchased" is not important because new servers can be allocated with clones of the framework within minutes to meet new demand.

So again, Sony doesn't need to do anything. Cloud servers are there available to be used.

Incorrect. Its a cloud service, it's Already in use and can be used also for games.

Not automatically, but they can, users have shown that current titles on PS3 have already Used amazon servers. And the service does not work in a way that Sony has to buy X amount of servers.

How it works is that a company signs up for the service and deploys their framework. And the amount of servers in "purchased" is not important because new servers can be allocated with clones of the framework within minutes to meet new demand.

So again, Sony doesn't need to do anything. Cloud servers are there available to be used.

The way they had stated made it seem like they had acquired 300,000 for the purpose of the Xbox One. This is aside form the Skydrive functionality already in place.

In any case, if Sony is able to get what they need to match"within minutes" when needed then so be. I just don't think you can deny Microsoft has put a much stronger focus on it even aside from the magical cloud mumbo jumbo. Every game will have dedicated servers, where Sony's current stance is just that they have a framework. And I'm well aware that Sony games have used them before, many, many companies have of course :p

Top Bottom