• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I can't believe this. Just came into OT to bitch about something and I see this. Wow wtf. And his family to!? It wasn't even just the stress on his body then.

As for beermonkey I think he tried to say "who knows what happened..." kind of. And I will give him that but...uh I'm not even going to bother.

See kids this is what xbox and violent games do to your reasoning in a death topic....

Ripclawe

Banned
horrible update.
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution

Published on: 06/25/07

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

damn, I been asleep all day and just woke up to this......****ing hell.....

but what vince did was classy, kind of sad we had to even wonder if he would though, but classy none the less.

Forgotten Ancient said:
If there's another entertainment industry more associated with untimely deaths than wrestling, I don't know what it is.
:(

Stunt work?

Although, televised wrestling pretty much IS stunt work.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
People were so quick to jump on Beermonkey...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh god, please no. :\

Does the murder necessarily refer to him as the murderer? He could have killed himself after seeing the two murdered.

Maybe something happened where they were deathly ill and...

I can't even think about it, I just cant'.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Onix said:
:(

Please no ...

Then again, if true ... it could always have been the wife like Phil Hartman?

Who knows. No point in speculating on anything at this point.
yea, bitches are crazy. this is tough news, i havent watched wrestling in so long, but i always loved benoit. tuning in for this tribute.

Suikoguy said:

People shouldn't jump either way. No one has any credible information on what happened. People should just wait instead of making blanket statements but this is the internet so...

Suikoguy said:
wtf dude. When something like that happens you don't say it so bluntly. I was going o say the same thing as beermonkey but he posted before me hence why I agreed with him partially but not the way he threw it out there.

Speevy

Banned
If it was a murder-suicide, there are only 3 things that could have happened.

-Benoit
-His wife
-Third party

Let's hope for the third one.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Stoney Mason said:
People shouldn't jump either way. No one has any credible information on what happened. People should just wait instead of making blanket statements but this is the internet so...

CrushDance said:
wtf dude. When something like that happens you don't say it so bluntly. I was going o say the same thing as beermonkey but he posted before me hence why I agreed with him partially but not the way he threw it out there.

Relax, I did not mean any disrespect,

He should have posted the story with his comment though.

It's also possible that it was not the case, but I can see Beermonkey's point about perhaps waiting to do the tribute...

“I married HHH,” “Hunter and I had a baby”… all storylines are gone out window at this point.

Those people that cry at shows when a wreslter is "hurt" and act shocked all the time must be really, really confused right now!

ToxicAdam

Speevy said:
If it was a murder-suicide, there are only 3 things that could have happened.

-Benoit
-His wife
-Third party

Let's hope for the third one.

It was Kevin Sullivan!

kevinsullivan.jpg

ESPN now reporting on it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2916498

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found dead in their Georgia home.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Autopsy tomorrow :(

Snaku

Banned
BillRiccio said:
I hate Stephanie but that was tough. There is no way he killed his wife or his kid. The guy loved his family.

Severe depression can alter a person's mentality, and make them do things that are way out of character.

Keyser Soze said:
“I married HHH,” “Hunter and I had a baby”… all storylines are gone out window at this point.

Those people that cry and shows when a wreslter is "hurt" and act shocked all the time must be really, really confused right now!
That's the sad part.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Y2Kev said:
He could have killed himself after seeing the two murdered.
This is what I'm starting to believe.

What I know about Benoit as a person tells me he wouldn't kill his own family, especially rather randomly like this. But I CAN believe that he could find his family dead and decide that he couldn't go on.

Suikoguy said:
It's also possible that it was not the case, but I can see Beermonkey's point about perhaps waiting to do the tribute...

And if it turns out that he did do it what harm has been done either way to be honest. I don't think people are trying to play gotcha games here.

We're adult enough to understand that if he did do it it was a horrible thing and that would change how we felt about him in many aspects but I don't have a problem with them proceeding with what they've done at the moment. This is still America. You are still innocent until proven guilty. I have no problem with that notion.

unomas

Banned
Grimlock said:
Let's not jump to conclusions right now. I gonna wait for an official police report. The local news starts in 15 min.

I agree, why are so many people jumping on the Benoit killed his family bandwagon? He could have easily come home to his dead wife and child and been so overcome with emotion he took his own life as well. Nobody really knows the backstory on it so let the memories at least be good ones for a night before all you negative arseholes invade the thread.

Speevy

Banned
The puking blood bit doesn't make any sense.

If he was away from his family when he told people this, then I don't understand how that's possible.

Striker

Keyser Soze said:

Those people that cry at shows when a wreslter is "hurt" and act shocked all the time must be really, really confused right now!
I'm sure many WWE fans knew about Stephanie's marriage to Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom