• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

God dammit. I'm 3 pennies short of $100.
Edit: Just bought another $5 Best Buy Gift Card to get over $100.

Order was:
Ni No Kuni II
Rime
Little Nightmares
$5 BB Gift Card for just under $85

By the way Ni No Kuni II is now available to pre order.

Switched over a couple of orders from Amazon to Best Buy, I had just ordered Horizon and Persona 5 last week. $40 each at release sounds great to me.

So I decided to go with Nier + Horizon: ZD + $10 PSN card to get it above $100. Brand new games for $36, what a time to be alive. Can't believe anyone would get their games anywhere else.

Horizon better deliver, tho. I originally intended to wait on reviews and first impressions on GAF and elsewhere before getting that game, so I hope this gamble pays off.

Prey
Fire Emblem Echoes
Puyo Puyo Switch

Thanks OP!

Otherwise, I basically pre-ordered everything else I could want the last time this was up.

Shit, maybe I should get a Pro Controller as well.

Weebos

Banned
Grabbed Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe and Persona 5, thanks OP.

Wish they weren't steelbooks, but I'm saving enough that I will deal with it.

Awesome. Cancelled my original Switch Pro Controller order, made a new controller order and added Fantastics Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K UHD for essentially $5 more.

The orders I placed the last time that required a filler, I used http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-cruzer-16gb-usb-2-0-flash-drive-black/9226875.p?skuId=9226875

$4.99 brings total to $100.97 pre tax if you already have GCU for the 20% off.

You can always just add a $5 gift card for filler, too:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/best-buy-gc-5-gift-card-multi/1836036.p?skuId=1836036

That way you aren't spending on cash on something you wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

kamakazi5

9 amiibo and 2 hue bulbs for $82 shipped is pretty awesome. So close to pulling the trigger but I'm hesitating.

Edit: Did it. The fact that so many amiibo I wanted are on clearance is too good to pass up.

Damn, Best Buy really is heaven for a gamer. Between these VISA checkout things and GCU, I'm getting brand new games for $38. Don't know how this is sustainable for them, but whatevs.

I'm glad I waited on preordering Nier. Question is, what should game 2 be? Should I put money down on Persona 5 now, or should I go backwards and get RE7? Or maybe I should Crack and get Horizon on launch? What does GAF think?

Splurge on the Take Your Heart edition!

Does anyone have a list of newly available to preorder games since the last promotion?
I'm not seeing a sort by (release) date?

So far:
Ni No Kuni II
Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth
Ace Combat 7
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth (Switch) Was this announced last time?
Fire Emblem Echoes

Prey
Fire Emblem Echoes
Puyo Puyo Switch

Thanks OP!

Otherwise, I basically pre-ordered everything else I could want the last time this was up.

Shit, maybe I should get a Pro Controller as well.

I re-ordered BotW and Nier, added Puyo. Now I'm rethinking my decision to wait on the Pro controller. Do I really need one right away?

hollomat

Banned
Love this deal. Might actually pick up for honor now.

It's insane that I can get new games for $39 after tax and trade them into Amazon for $36 within the first two weeks.

Made gravity rush 2 and kingdom hearts 2.8 $3 rentals.

Will BB charge by the item or will it charge me $100 as soon as my Mario Amiibo ships?

By the item. If you order something available now and something not available for a few months, you'll only be charged now for the item already available.

BPoole

Is it possible to just buy multiple orders of $100 Best Buy gift cards for $75 and then use them for whatever I want?

reKon

Banned
Avoided this deal last time... But now I think I want Horizon. I imagine it will take over 6 months for that game to hit $40. I'm trying to decide whether to preorder RDR 2 or Zelda in addition. I'm still not sure whether to keep my Nintendo Switch order because there's no way that it doesn't get discounted this holiday season...

Is it possible to just buy multiple orders of $100 Best Buy gift cards for $75 and then use them for whatever I want?

While you can buy gift cards to put to your minimum total of $100, you will not get any discount on the and it will prorate the discount accordingly. So in your case, you would still pay $100 for the gift card and not $75.

diablogod

Well $300 dollars later I think I'm done. This stupid deal gets me every time but GCU + $25 off $100 is to good to pass up. Or more reasonably priced Switch Pro controllers.

Avoided this deal last time... But now I think I want Horizon. I imagine it will take over 6 months for that game to hit $40. I'm trying to decide whether to preorder RDR 2 or Zelda in addition. I'm still not sure whether to keep my Nintendo Switch order because there's no way that it doesn't get discounted this holiday season...
I can't recall if the Wii U ever had good sales during the holidays, don't hold your breath.
(of the wild)

Top Bottom