• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 28 Nov - 4 Dec

Jonnyram

Izzy said:
The big question is - will PSP numbers drop, increase or stay the same next week?
They will be >= this week.
There's no reason to expect any machine to decrease in sales during December. The last week of December, first week of January are pretty much the biggest weeks in the calendar year for games sales.

polg

Culex said:
The holidays are finally here in full swing, now. Last week, we saw but a glimpse.

Chart updated again.

JPHandHeldWar2.jpg

Both the DS and PSP saw a healthy seasonal upswing in sales and things will only get better from hereon. PSP should sell over 100k next week, while the DS should cross 200k.

This is the best sales the PSP has seen in 48 weeks and only the 5th time it's sold more than 75k in a week. Sony should still be proud.

The DS is a behemoth right now. Mario Kart and Mushiking are right around the corner as far as sales charting are concerned. It's going to be a wild ride, for sure.

thnx :)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:
Next week.

When Mario Kart DS comes out.

And Mushiking DS.

Yeah, good luck to them with that.

Somebody said MK and MK (LOL THEY HAVE THE SAME INITIALS!!!) were already out today.

AniHawk

Oblivion said:
Somebody said MK and MK (LOL THEY HAVE THE SAME INITIALS!!!) were already out today.

They are. So is 360 (aint it?). Next week's sales will count this week's numbers. It's how this works.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:
They are. So is 360 (aint it?). Next week's sales will count this week's numbers. It's how this works.

What? You're confusing me, duder. I asked when's the 360 coming out, and you said

Next week.

So, yeah clarify.

AniHawk

Oblivion said:
What? You're confusing me, duder. I asked when's the 360 coming out, and you said

So, yeah clarify.

I meant we'll get this week's sales of the 360 next week. Sorry 'bout that.

Izzy

Banned
Jonnyram said:
There's no reason to expect any machine to decrease in sales during December. The last week of December, first week of January are pretty much the biggest weeks in the calendar year for games sales.

Oh, thanks. :)

Anything new on yesterday's first day sales? I'm anxious to learn how Mario Kart, Rogue Galaxy and the rest fared (and did it affect the HW sales).

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Alright, these numbers are few hours old and I already need another fix. Where the first day sales at?

Hero

Culex said:
The holidays are finally here in full swing, now. Last week, we saw but a glimpse.

Chart updated again.

JPHandHeldWar2.jpg

Both the DS and PSP saw a healthy seasonal upswing in sales and things will only get better from hereon. PSP should sell over 100k next week, while the DS should cross 200k.

This is the best sales the PSP has seen in 48 weeks and only the 5th time it's sold more than 75k in a week. Sony should still be proud.

The DS is a behemoth right now. Mario Kart and Mushiking are right around the corner as far as sales charting are concerned. It's going to be a wild ride, for sure.

I don't see you listing 'Easter' on the chart there. Did you just forget it? ;)

mj1108

Culex said:

Chart updated again.

JPHandHeldWar2.jpg

Easter needs to be represented.

Culex said:
It's been Easter ever since Nintendogs was released. Longest holiday in Japan.

The chart isn't complete until Easter is noted.

cvxfreak

Sales of the top 100 titles totaled 1,203,066 units, 83.27% of last week's total and 155.35% of the weekly average. Though lacking last week's vigor, this week also saw a large number of new titles boost the market, and as with last week, total sales surpassed 1 million units.

Twenty-seven new releases took spots in the top 100, accounting for 47.87% of total sales. Top-ranked "Resident Evil 4" sold approximately 243,000 units. The title was released about 10 months after the GC version, which was launched in January of this year, and it appears to have gotten off to a strong start in its first week, surpassing results for the GC version. (At this point in time, the GC version has sold a total of approximately 220,000 units.) "Monster Hunter Portable" in third place sold approximately 114,000 units. The title had an absorption rate of more than 80% and sold out at a series of stores. There were a notably large number of purchases of the game together with the PSP hardware, and the title became a bigger hit than expected.

Meanwhile, sales of existing titles jumped from approximately 458,000 units to 627,000 units partially due to the effects of titles launched last week such as "Animal Crossing: Wild World." This week's strong performance was supported by rich lineups in both the new title and the existing title markets.

heidern

mj1108 said:
Easter needs to be represented.

The chart isn't complete until Easter is noted.

Actually, I think it would be easier if the chart noted the periods when it wasn't easter.

Izzy

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
"Monster Hunter Portable" in third place sold approximately 114,000 units. The title had an absorption rate of more than 80% and sold out at a series of stores. There were a notably large number of purchases of the game together with the PSP hardware, and the title became a bigger hit than expected.

And that's why, I suspect, PSP numbers are going down next week.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Izzy said:
And that's why, I suspect, PSP numbers are going down next week.
Considering that it's december and that the game had sold out at some places, I'm going to say that they will be slightly up.

Rock_Man

2(1) DS Oide yo Doubutsu no Mori (Nintendo)
3(NEW) PSP Monster Hunter Portable (Capcom)
4(NEW) DS Slime Mori Mori: Dragon Quest 2 (Square Enix)
6(NEW) DS Dragon Ball Z: Bukuu Ressen (Bandai)
7(9) DS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Ao no Kyuujotai (Pokemon)
10(12) DS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
14(17) DS Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi (Bandai)
15(13) DS Daredemo Asobi Taizen (Nintendo)
16(NEW) DS Power Pro Kun Pocket 8 (Konami)
18(16) DS Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo)
26(21) PSP Nou Ryoku Trainer Portable (Sega)
29(25) DS Pokemon Torouze (Pokemon)
30(26) PSP Minna no Golf Portable (PSP the Best) (Sony)
31(NEW) DS Lucky Star: Moe Drill (Kadokawa)
32(19) PSP Talkman (Sony)
35(34) DS Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends (Nintendo)
36(NEW) DS Futari wa Precure Max Heart: Danzen! DS (Bandai)
38(NEW) DS Zoids Saga DS: Legend of Arcadia (Tomy)
39(44) DS Nintendogs: Dachs and Friends (Nintendo)
40(35) DS Super Princess Peach (Nintendo)
41(NEW) DS Tottoko Hamtaro: Nazo Nazo Q (Nintendo)
42(43) DS Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (Nintendo)
44(23) PSP Bokujou Monogatari: Harvest Moon Boy and Girl (Marvelous)

PSP software bolded.

Izzy

Banned
Jonnyram said:
There's games coming out this week too, you know :p
No love for Samurai Warriors or Metal Gear Acid 2?

I'm an old fashioned lad - I really loved older KOEI Amiga games: Ghenghis Khan, Bandit Kings of Ancient China, San Guo Yanyi strategies...

As for MGA2 - I have it preordered.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
also, more 2980 yen UMDs are coming this week - with a lot of them selling for 2480 in Asobit (Matrix trilogy , Potter series)

they are getting closer to that sweet spot, once that happens, i'm all over UMD stuff *hides existing UMD movies*

Izzy

Banned
DCharlie said:
also, more 2980 yen UMDs are coming this week - with a lot of them selling for 2480 in Asobit (Matrix trilogy , Potter series)

they are getting closer to that sweet spot, once that happens, i'm all over UMD stuff *hides existing UMD movies*

I almost forgot about Potter... might as well buy the whole series for my niece. :)

ioi

Banned
Jonnyram said:

I agree in principle, but it was only doing 50k last week so i think the 92k this week is a bit of a spike and not really a natural increase due to the holiday period, so i think a drop back to ~70k next week will be likely unless there are any major new releases coming...

ioi

Banned
neo2046 said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10006926127.html
comments from sinobi

Mario Kart DS - amazing!
Rogue Galaxy - 150k sold on first day (300k shippment)
Ryu ga Gotoku - no problem for 100k in one week
Sengoku Musou PSP - oh no
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - oh no
Mushiking DS - oh no

amazing?!?!?

what does that mean?

I think predictions for the week were somthing along the lines of:

Mario Kart DS - 300k
Rogue Galaxy - 250k
Ryu ga Gotoku - 120k
Sengoku Musou PSP - 45k
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - 40k
Mushiking DS - 80k

so maybe looking about on track?

ziran

neo2046 said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10006926127.html
comments from sinobi

Mario Kart DS - amazing!
Rogue Galaxy - 150k sold on first day (300k shippment)
Ryu ga Gotoku - no problem for 100k in one week
Sengoku Musou PSP - oh no
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 - oh no
Mushiking DS - oh no
any idea what number goes with amazing?

Ryu ga Gotoku looks good but i think sales will ultimately be disappointing, especially for a $20+ million budget.

ioi

Banned
+Aliken+ said:
I say 200k

Well if it's "amazing" then it must be much better than expected and I think expectations were that it would do similar numbers to Animal Crossing, so who knows?

If Rogue Galaxy has done 150k (which is a lot for this time of year on a first day since all games tend to have "legs" a bit more) then Mario Kart must surely be a fair bit higher?

300k maybe? More?

mutsu

Mushiking bombed?

I guess SEGA must have been too lazy with this one. Probably just added an extra screen for stats and stupid touch screen stuff.

Top Bottom