• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite male characters from the Final Fantasy series

suzu

Nice to see Noel up there.

I'm ok with Zack, Cloud, Zidane rankings. Balthier is way too low.

Combining all the Cids is dumb, but I suppose most of the votes would probably be to the one from FFVII.

Nice to see Noel up there.

I'm ok with Zack, Cloud, Zidane rankings. Balthier is way too low.

Combining all the Cids is dumb, but I suppose most of the votes would probably be to the one from FFVII.

Even then, all the Cids should really be number one.

aLuZT.jpg
Nothing can top this guy ...
he spend the entire game being "the ultimate confident RPG MC "
Him and the selkie girl made crystal bearers a favorite of mine.

Too bad nobody played that game.(worth it for the story alone )

Lol @ sephiroth in 8th place..i guess it's to be expected since we know exactly how sephiroth got his ass whipped by zack now.

Juken

surprised/happy to see Zidane (my favourite FF main character) so high...and Kuja too! Although Vivi is waaay too low

Weird Kefka didn't make it

1. Zack (FFVII)
2. Cloud (FFVII)

Oh shit these are my top two as well. Zack being my absolute favorite after Crisis Core. Japan got it right!

-KRS-

I'm stunned at the lack of Kefka. Didn't know he was mostly only popular in the west. Is he, like, a sissy in the Japanese version of FFVI or something?

Ezalc

Zack being number 1 and Zidane actually being number 3 make me very happy. Thank god it seems not all hope is lost in Japan. But cloud as 2 and Tidus as 4 almost invalidates that feeling.

Ricker

My reaction, pretty much.

I had to look up who Zack is.

Same here,in fact I had to look it up also to remember who he was in VII(Zack)...now I remember but still...Auron and Vivi should be higher up there also...

As for the ladies,of course it's going to be Rinoa,Tifa,Aerith,Yuna and possibly Lightning in the top five...because no one will choose characters from the 8 bit era that looked like a bunch of squared pixels(it was awesome then but not for this poll)

DJIzana

Lol how is Noctis included? They don't even know his character.

I'm glad he's on that list. Everyone has a favorite main lead from a Final Fantasy game. He's mine.

Yes, I realize the game doesn't exist yet but the concepts they convey are freaking AMAZING.

If Noctis wasn't there I'd wish it was Ramza, Delita or Agrias.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Vaan being higher than Zell is hilarious.

Edit: Balither being #15 instead of #1 is a crime, as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Zell blows pretty damn hard, he really shouldn't be on the list at all.

I guess he is one of the many ways to break that game, so people like him.

The joke here is that they both aren't strong characters to even be on that list. I could see Squall since he's the main character but really this list just proves that FF characters aren't that strong enough to "rank best" in lists.

The joke here is that they both aren't strong characters to even be on that list. I could see Squall since he's the main character but really this list just proves that FF characters aren't that strong enough to "rank best" in lists.

I'm guessing most of this list is based on looks.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm glad he's on that list. Everyone has a favorite main lead from a Final Fantasy game. He's mine.

Yes, I realize the game doesn't exist yet but the concepts they convey are freaking AMAZING.

If Noctis wasn't there I'd wish it was Ramza, Delita or Agrias.
Agrias is a lady.

Mael

Ehrgeiz is the worst FF I agree, and XII is the third worst.

It's better than mindless drivel like that horrendous FFVIII, that mess they call FFXIII or the absurd FFX.
You wouldn't believe how much I hate these badly written messes they call story in the games I mentionned.

Squall was a moody ass hole though. If he was anyone you knew in real life, I bet that 90% of the time you would not want to be around him. What is there to like about him at all?

Top Bottom