• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jay Z to Be the First Rapper inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, but it shows character, and makes some of those lyrics sbout being loyal to your crew sound utterly ridiculous in hindsight.

My point still stands, people that know nothing about hip hop voted him in. Popularty does not mean skills.
Except Jay did take care of his crew/bring them with him.
From Lenny S to Chaka Pilgrim to Og Juan to Ty Ty to Emory to Hip Hop to Bleek and beyond.
You claimed that he abandoned the people who helped put him on when he was going to sign Big L before he died, had Kane perform at the opening to the Barclay's, continues to credit Clark Kent for getting him out of the drug game/believing in him and has him still involved to this day, brought almost all of the Rocafella street team from when the business was starting with him and has many of them still there today or successful doing their own things, and many of the other smaller figures who were involved in starting the Roc/believing in Jay and them were involved in the RD celebrations all last year, not to mention Biggs is still with him, not to mention he still talks to Sauce Money and has brought him out to perform twice (Sauce Money has no beef with Jay/they're still friends according to an interview from like 2012, he hates Jaz and think's he's scum though, like really hates him).
(my other response to you is on the bottom of the last page).

norinrad

Jay gets a lot of hate from nobodies because of his popularity. Anyone saying Jay is overrated or doesnt deserve this should listen to his discog. His pen game cannot be questioned.

One of the best writers of our tike.

Well yeah that's your opinion and the rest of us have an opinion too you know?

None of us are experts either. I would still rather listen to Nas, Cube or Public Enemy but that's just me. Having a famous wife pulling the strings could also get you far. Hahaha

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seems pretty overdue.

Why did it take this long for a rapper to get this? Considering that they are some of the best writers in world's music history?

And how did Jay-Z, honestly beat Nas?

Well yeah that's your opinion and the rest of us have an opinion too you know?

None of us are experts either. I would still rather listen to Nas, Cube or Public Enemy but that's just me. Having a famous wife pulling the strings could also get you far. Hahaha

Except Jay was rich and famous before he even knew Beyonce existed so.....

norinrad

Why did it take this long for a rapper to get this? Considering that they are some of the best writers in world's music history?

And how did Jay-Z, honestly beat Nas?

Except Jay was rich and famous before he even knew Beyonce existed so.....

No he wasn't and being famous, yeah maybe in New York.

IrishNinja

Eminem next.

Songwriting and lyrical ability are waaaaay better than Jay.

Before the gaf Eminem hater squad shows up, this is about ability. Not content.

FOH 36
if it's just "ability" you're gonna push pun, cannibus etc? it says songwriting on the tin, cmon son

Jay gets a lot of hate from nobodies because of his popularity. Anyone saying Jay is overrated or doesnt deserve this should listen to his discog. His pen game cannot be questioned.

One of the best writers of our tike.

cosigned, and again, huge gnauze stan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom