• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

I don't suppose anyone would trust me enough to let me steal their DLC characters off a japanese account?? i'm so broke and don't know the first thing about getting Japanese PSN codes :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hate to double post, but some localization mentions from Siliconera:

Because JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is heavily inspired by music, it’s always been a challenge to bring to the west in both game and manga form. Characters with names like Devo and Vanilla Ice are renamed things like D’bo and Iced during localization in order to skirt any sort of copyright issues. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle is no exception.

That said, there are a couple of interesting aspects to the game’s localization. For one thing, Namco Bandai are working with JoJo publisher Shueisha to make sure that the localized names for the characters fit with Hirohiko Araki’s intentions “while not offending any party”. Additionally, the localized names will be matched to the U.S. and European versions of the recent anime to ensure consistency.

Namco also confirmed to us that the U.S. version of the game will retain the Japanese text that appears onscreen mid-fight (since, as CyberConnect2 president Hiroshi Matsuyama commented, Japanese sound effects are also present in the localized version of the manga) and the Japanese voice acting. So, the mid-fight 無駄s and オラs will remain intact when the game reaches the west.

Mandoric

Banned
It's not impossible, but there's way too much room for the reporter (or the PR rep!) to have misheard "matching the manga" or "matching the English subs (on the Japanese Blurays)".

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That kinda happened out of nowhere

Was hoping there'd be a PV or something. Or a date posted.

Is Baoh in there?

That kinda happened out of nowhere

Was hoping there'd be a PV or something. Or a date posted.

Is Baoh in there?
He's next... whenever that is. I think an Ultra Jump scan went up for these two a few days ago but nobody really paid attention and reported it! lol Totally under the rug.

OMG Diavolo's new costume!

rH87wv9.jpg

God damn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's next... whenever that is. I think an Ultra Jump scan went up for these two a few days ago but nobody really paid attention and reported it! lol Totally under the rug.
For Annasui & Vanilla Ice? Last scan I recall was from about 2 weeks ago, which featured them.

Kind of hoping we get a new PV soon showcasing them, then showing off Baoh and a date for him as well.

& hooolllyyyy crap, that Diavolo alt. That face is a dark void....

I haven't read that far, can someone explain?

In spoilers if necessary

Not really spoilers.

He just likes to hide his identity, and when he is first introduced, he's in silhouette so what he looks like is a mystery, you know, all ominous and villain-y like.

Krammy

I like that they added Kosaku Kira with black hair, but I'm sad that they took his jacket away in the process. Part of me thinks it's cool they tried to make it more of an alt than a head swap, but...

But I really liked that jacket.

Jaeger

Can't wait to get home and play this in an hour and a half. The new alts are incredible, especially Diavolo's.

And Ice looks awesome. I always forget how tall he is. He's towering in ASB. Can't wait for BAOH, and I'm really hoping CC2 announces like a Season 2 round of DLC or something.

Still would like to see Nero, Diego, Stroheim, and a handful of others released.

EDIT - Shadow Dio Images;

rxw2.jpg

h837.jpg

dfs0.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, kind of surprised Esidisi was kept, though since it's not actually ACDC, it was fine.

Should have seen if Abdul kept his name or if it got changed again. In any case, glad to finally see what the English version looks like.

Edit: Google search brought a GameFAQ thread with a person saying they were the one who took the pictures & the fact that Kars is kept, but Abdul got changed to Avdol again.

I don't care if Araki himself comes to my house and write their names in English in his own handwriting in front of me, I will always use the direct same as the band spellings.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
1-3 are the easy parts

not surprised they're not showing 4 and beyond. Those are the changes people expect to be upset with.

Astarte

1-3 are the easy parts

not surprised they're not showing 4 and beyond. Those are the changes people expect to be upset with.

Oh lord, I wonder what they'll rename Gold Experience. Lord knows Prince isn't the type to be generous.

Sleezy Myst
Dastardly Activities Achieved at an Incredibly Low Price
Horn Act IV
RedLight GreenLight
The Appendage

Tizoc

Glad to see the english ver. coming along well, but sadly I'm gonna stick to my JPN copy, even though having English text will make it easier for my brothers to know WTF they're saying.

Tizoc

I feel like they could add at least 3 extra characters with Baoh.
Next set could be Baoh+Diego
Then another set could be Weather Report+1 more character
Said extra character could be say Wekapipo or Soundman for example.

I heard there were major updates and changes since release. (Even the campaign/stiry mode?).
Can someone sum it up for me please :3 ?

One major change is that Lvl. 2 supers can now be comboed into off of chains. You can't super cancel into them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh lord, I wonder what they'll rename Gold Experience. Lord knows Prince isn't the type to be generous.
Dastardly Activities Achieved at an Incredibly Low Price
Abominable Acts Achieved At Discounts.

Hopefully, if it's ready to have a public version shown off, we'll get a trailer soon as well.

Top Bottom