• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Finalow

played some campaign but I'm not sure how to unlock stuff, maybe by killing bosses? The whole life bar, I suppose. zzz
those mini-games are quite funny and interesting, I don't understand much of what they say but at least I get the game.

anyway, played online some ranked and unranked matches. one uses Cars, every time I go down he charges that "vanish behind oppent's back and kick him" move and I go down again. rinse and repeat. I couldn't avoid it? Wut, I mean I tried to avoid with X and it worked only 2 times out of 10 or something. also I couldn't block it. whatever, it's just annoying since you're using the same combo during the whole match, and this thing happened every other match, ranked ones. the first one to get an hit gets a full combo out by just pressing square nonstop.
there aren't even many combo for each character, Hol Horse has like 3 combo and that's it.
I suck, that's for sure, but this combat system feels cheesy, a lot. also LAG LAG LAG LAG.

and Vanilla Ice looks hot, too bad it's a DLC.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
played some campaign but I'm not sure how to unlock stuff, maybe by killing bosses? The whole life bar, I suppose. zzz
Knocking down the HP of bosses will net you random drops of victory/taunt poses, quotes and such. You have to deplete bosses health to 0 to get a hope of dropping a colour or costume though. It's relatively easy but takes a long time and bosses recover health too if you leave them for a day or two so it's a constant thing you must keep at if you want all that stuff. I put a lot of time into the game and have everything unlocked now. Just pour your entire bar into one boss and be sure to beat them and you'll make progress pretty quick since one bar regenerates in five minutes now outside of campaign instead of twenty.

I'd get the DLC characters if possible though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just bought this game at MAGFest today after playing it and after one round, I was doing fairly decently with a fightstick. I opened the case and the head of a JBA character came out with a code. I'm guessing it's a special costume DLC? I haven't played it at home yet, but I think I'll have fun with it.

Just bought this game at MAGFest today after playing it and after one round, I was doing fairly decently with a fightstick. I opened the case and the head of a JBA character came out with a code. I'm guessing it's a special costume DLC? I haven't played it at home yet, but I think I'll have fun with it.
It's actually a download code for a character, Kira Yoshikage.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

I hope you didn't pay $70 for it like I saw some photos of the game prices over at MAGfast.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I hope you didn't pay $70 for it like I saw some photos of the game prices over at MAGfast.

.....Guilty.

Yeah, but they're easy to make! Plus you can use it on your main account(or any other on that system!) after downloading. :)

Oh ok. So do I just go on my PC and search how to make Japanese PSN account? I was worried you would have to have a Japanese PS3.

Were they clear when in 2014 is the release date?

No idea. I originally was going to hold off buying the import version, but I had so much fun with the game I had to have it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think so far, it's just "Spring", according from their Part 5 press release from Dec. 20th.

December 20, 2013
New assets and features for the 5th Chapter!

Developed by the Japanese studio CyberConnect 2, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is coming to Europe and Australasia in spring 2014 and promising hours of frenzied battles!

In order to follow the acclaimed piece of art created by Hirohoki Araki, CyberConnect2 closely replicated Moves from the Manga; the Joestars, their friends and their enemies will take advantage of their powerful and unique Heart Heat Attack (HHA) and Great Heart Heat Attack (GHA). The first one, the HHA, is a Special Attack taking each character’s ability to its paroxysm; striking it will cost the player one Heart Heat Gauge (filled while the players are fighting)! The second one, the GHA, is an Ultimate Attack mastered by JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle fighters! Blasting it will cost the player two Heart Heat Gauges and will cause deadly damages to the opponent while the screen gets fully covered with JoJo-esque effects!

Chapter 5: Golden Wind – Italy – In 2001, Koichi Hirose follows Kujo Jotaro’s request and goes to Naples in order to find a special person... This person turns out to be Giorno Giovana. The whole chapter focuses on the new JoJo and his quest of becoming the new Mafia boss in order to make Naples a better place to live! This risky challenge leads Giorno Giovana in the hearth of the “Passione” mob. After being put in the group of Bruno Bucciarati, JoJo manages to change Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga and some other mobsters mind; they decided to agree with his vision of the Mafia! Following this, our hero’s group tries to discover who “the Boss” is. Is Diabolo the mafia boss? Is he behind all the drug dealing activities …? Terrible events await the players on Chapter 5!

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle will be available in spring 2014 in Europe & Australasia.
That's from the EU site, still nothing on the US one.

12209905095_9a9eaa7d85_o.jpg

Arcade modo added to US release

12210110833_c992c3fa56_o.jpg

Burn in hell you worthless loser! And don't forget the marshmallows!

12209904345_c874f30bcd_o.jpg

Bucciarati

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Buccellati was changed to Bucciarati? Huh. In any case, notice Shigekiyo is there in the last screenshot. Wonder if this means we're getting the DLC included for free. Just glad we're FINALLY getting English screenshots. & cool on Arcade Mode being added.

Siliconera has some more screen shots & a bit of news on the release:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle will be released “throughout the Americas” in 2014, Namco Bandai said this morning, alongside an announcement that the game will see a limited run of physical copies released exclusively via Amazon and ClubNamco.com.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/3...tle-new-arcade-mode-west/#sIuleQ8xzTEvzkcD.99
Thank goodness Amazon is carrying it as well. Though I wonder if there'll be anything included with those physical copies.

Edit: Here's the Club Namco pre-order page. $50. Not up on Amazon yet.

Edit 2: I noticed on the link above, it has listed " Variety of Characters: 41 total for an incredible selection of characters" so it sounds as though the 9 DLC characters are included for free.

Edit 2: I noticed on the link above, it has listed " Variety of Characters: 41 total for an incredible selection of characters" so it sounds as though the 9 DLC characters are included for free.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I couldn't wait for the American release and ordered the Japanese version but I will preorder this version the moment is available on Amazon. I'm really looking forward to main Annasui so I hope that all the DLC is in for free.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It seems possible, considering that screenshot above shows one of the DLC characters (Shigekiyo) as part of Arcade Mode (unless for some strange reason, you can play against them in that mode but not AS them until you them) & wouldn't it have said something among the lines of "32 characters, with additional DLC characters"?

Also, in the US trailer (which is just the same one as the EU one from a few months back), you can see Kira (original) among the characters 24 seconds in, on the left side above Josuke.

Granted, it would be nice to hear official confirmation on the matter, but based on the evidence, at the least it seems we could get the first two DLC characters included.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The translation for this game is pretty bad and I'm not talking the characters names, more so the dialogue itself isn't remotely faithful.

Somax

Bucciarati, like in the italian version of the manga?
Dlc characters may be included?
Arcade mode?

Sounds very good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone noticed this in the Jojo OT thread:

tumblr_n099twgU041rn8um6o1_500.jpg

Bepsi was removed from the sign.

Edit: Newest press release. Bolded some of the more interesting info:

Hyped manga-based 2d fighting-game gets new updates!

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S announced today that JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE will be getting an Arcade Mode, Day 1 patch, a fix lowering the waiting time in Campaign Mode and much more exciting content! JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE is developed by famed Japanese developer CyberConnect2, best known for their hit NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja series of games and has been widely praised for delivering an authentic and high quality anime experience to video games.

The EMEA release of JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: ALL-STAR BATTLE will feature a brand new Arcade mode not included in the original Japanese release as well as the balance changes featured in the current Japanese version (Patch 1.04). The new Arcade Mode lets the player fight a series of eight AI controlled opponents in order to win gold! On rare occasions, the Arcade Mode icon will switch to Harvest when connected online. During the Harvest, players will be able to win even more gold from playing the Arcade Mode. Players can spend gold for hints and single-use items to help them out in the midst of battle!

Earning gold can be done in multiple ways; one of them is the Arcade Mode, the other way is the Campaign Mode! Following the players’ feedbacks, Namco Bandai Games and CyberConnect2 decided to lower the Campaign Energy Recovery timings to 2 minutes in order to enhance its fans’ gaming pleasure!

While taking a break from the Arcade Mode and the Campaign Mode, fighters from Asia, North America and Europe can” go into combat in the same online realm!

“We are pleased to have these new features added for the EMEA version of the game, Namco Bandai Games has always been close to its players, and that is why this patch is applied to please the fans and make their experience even better!” said Hiroaki Ochiai, Senior Vice President of IP Strategy at NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. ” A legendary license such as JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure deserves the masterpiece on which CyberConnect2 keeps working hard day after day!”

Chapter 6: Stone Ocean – Florida – It all starts when Jotaro Kujo’s daughter, Jolyne Cujoh, gets caught and jailed for a murder… During her time in Green Dolphin Street Prison, JoJo uses an amulet she inherited from her father and unleashes her Stand. Following this major event, she joins forces with Ermes Costello, Guess and F.F in order to defeat Dio’s disciples. Dio’s evil schemes never ceased as Jongalli A and Pucci are here to take down the Joestar descendants…
No idea if "Ermes" is a typo or if they decide to remove the H for some reason. Also, that Campaign Energy Recovery got lowered from 5 minutes to 2. Kind of sucks it's still there, but at the very least, it's much faster now.

Maybe is because my first language isn't English but I don't understand what they're trying to say on the press release about the Day 1 Patch. Is all of the new components like the Arcade mode and 1.04 patch a day 1 patch?

It says EMEA and looking on the internet I found that it might mean Europe, Middle East and Asia so maybe the Day 1 patch isn't for the NA version of the game? :S

PS: The game is up for pre-order on Amazon.

Astarte

God damn, the combo font looks GREAT! Absolutely fantastic. Everything else looks like total crap though, this bubble font is worse than Comic Sans.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's......weird. So I guess Josuke Higashikata 8 = Jojolion? & I'm fine with the change from Crazy to Shining, but seems strange that would be one of the names they'd rename (unless they feared Syd Barrett or Pink Floyd suing or something).

I can't hear the video at the moment, but did they have to redub the JPN voice actors to go with the new name(s)?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not that translation matters anyway, Josuke still yell Crazy Diamond.

With that said, I find it weird they plop number 4 beside his name.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So wait, he still says it, but they only changed it when it appears in text?....Okay, then.

I assume the "4" is there to show it's Part 4 Josuke & then they kept the name for Josuke for Part 8, but he'll just have an 8 at the end to show the difference between the two. Though perhaps at the very least, have it be in parentheses or "(Pt. 4)". A flat-out "4" seems odd and kind of confusing to those not as familiar to the series.

So at the moment, Bepsi sign got altered, Kujo is Cujoh for Jolyne, and Crazy Diamond = Shining Diamond. Any other alterations that got made that can get added, excluding Jojoveller stuff like with Ermes & Bruno?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed that Shigekiyo & Kira are pre-order bonuses. Guess it might be first print copy deal or something.

Also, according to the press release, Killer Queen's name stayed the same. & it seems this is the EU box art. No word on if the US version will be different.

jojo-s-asb-front-of-pack-ps3-pegi-2d-resized-jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, right, my bad. I just remember he was released the same time as Kira.

& they're also pre-order bonuses as well. Not sure if this'll apply to the US version as well. In any case, I hope the DLC is handled well (or at the very least, a bundle version of the rest of the characters for a discount).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That Facebook thing might be a mistake, as according to Club Namco, it's still Killer Queen. Though maybe they did change it...& it makes me question if Sheer Heart Attack got renamed.

Still, a shame the US has to choose between one of the two characters, though I guess they did that due to the fact it's only available physical at 2 online retailers, while EU will most likely have it at stores.

Top Bottom